• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Backed.

Wish there was some kind of collector's physical edition... But I respect that they don't want to over-promise and under-deliver.

Looks amazing, BTW.

Oct 25, 2017
In Suikoden the main 10-15 characters in the plot are fleshed out more than the main characters in jrpgs w/ 6-8. The next tier characters, another 30-40 are probably fleshed out as much as the average jrpg character. If you like characterization, Suikoden is for you!
And hell ya numbers being safe. They always nailed it. Who would've thought Melville,Elliot and alanis would've had long story arcs in 3 like that. These guys got it.

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone remember the skill system from Suikoden III? I loved that shit. Suikoden V had something simillar.
I liked it, minus the unbearable wait every time you made an upgrade lol

There's a lot of good gameplay ideas in S3 I just wish it had a fast-forward option and much better battle music cuz that shit doesn't even sound good orchestrated :p

Ashgarth

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm a little concerned how they could make an engaging story with that. I felt Octopath's narrative fell flat and that had 8 characters.

It would be the usual "my game will have this impossible thing we cant realistically deliver" kickstarter shennanigans if they had not done it in every other Suikoden game.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
It must be insanely humbling to put up a Kickstarter like this and see so many people put up so much money.

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it, minus the unbearable wait every time you made an upgrade lol

There's a lot of good gameplay ideas in S3 I just wish it had a fast-forward option and much better battle music cuz that shit doesn't even sound good orchestrated :p

LOOOVED 3's skill system. Such a nice granular way to differentiate all those characters in battle. I remember when I got Chris' parry real high fairly early on and ended up in one of the early Yuber fights and she had multiple rounds where he struck, she parried and countered, he parried and countered and she blocked, or she struck, he parried and countered and she parried and countered and struck. Felt good.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
LOOOVED 3's skill system. Such a nice granular way to differentiate all those characters in battle. I remember when I got Chris' parry real high fairly early on and ended up in one of the early Yuber fights and she had multiple rounds where he struck, she parried and countered, he parried and countered and she blocked, or she struck, he parried and countered and she parried and countered and struck. Felt good.
Oh man I loved this shit

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

The skill system was such an awesome addition.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I only see the numbers in yen and pounds, but an exchange rate checker suggests the fortress stretch goal is met and thus the true game has just now been funded. Not bad for less then half a day and three kickstarter outages!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The missable trillion characters are literally Suikoden's DNA, it has to be there.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I've never gotten a chance to play a Suikoden title but I'm tempted to back this solely because there is actually an Xbox version. I've thrown a lot of money at KS in the last few months though; I just had a few pledge managers close in the past few weeks for some board games and have already spent a few hundred on other tabletop KS projects this morning. I'll definitely keep this game in mind though. The only other video game I've backed before was Bloodstained and I was pleased with how that turned out.

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
I see the physical edition + beta access, but I just want the digital version + beta access :/

Fortress mode funded!
OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
750k REACHED! FORTRESS MODE FUNDED!
186efbb2b3d926fa81185f8a35234ccd_original.png

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Well, now the real minimum has been met I can finally get hyped we might be getting a new "Suikoden" game after all these years.

Oct 27, 2017
Suikoden 2's SRPG war battle system or something deeper and Suikoden 3/5's character skill system would be a dream come true. Oh my god I can't believe this is really happening.

JSehKcI.png

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
I only see the numbers in yen and pounds, but an exchange rate checker suggests the fortress stretch goal is met and thus the true game has just now been funded. Not bad for less then half a day and three kickstarter outages!
At the bottom of the kickstarter page you can change the currency.

Glad this is funded and the stretch goal was hit. I'm short on funds at the moment but still had to at least back for the digital tier

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the last stretch goal met is giving collections a boost. People are driving it towards that console stretch goal.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I assume it will see a bit of a boost in numbers from non-PC players who are interested once consoles are confirmed.