• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me it's a sign that the way they do things is fundamentally broken. They've introduced Play Anywhere in 2015. Three years later they still don't have a way to retroactively add it to games. Not asking for cross play, just cross buy and progression.
Contracts were signed for this game way before Play Anywhere was a thing.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's a sign that the way they do things is fundamentally broken. They've introduced Play Anywhere in 2015. Three years later they still don't have a way to retroactively add it to games. Not asking for cross play, just cross buy and progression.

I would have thought that all first party games from MS that get's a PC version (let's say for the sake of it that MCC is coming at some point to PC), would automatically be play anywhere.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone, did not mean to derail the thread, was just curious as it comes up often on PC threads here with people saying "It's just garbage" without any detail.
Actually, every thread has countless explanations about why the Win Store sucks. It's strange that you managed to miss them so far.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain me in factual terms why it's so important to people that the game is on Steam over Windows Store?

I really don't get it, both seem to work fine and the game plays the exact same.
When I click download, I want the thing I spent money on to download.

Steam offers this functionality, Windows store is still working on it.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The windows version should have cross progression, that is a shame. Hopefully all games going forward has this kind of thing covered. I'm just happy it's on PC, so I don't want to complain. I'll buy it in all places it is available.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It is probably not play anywherre because they don't want a bunch of people getting the PC version for free.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I'm not even seeing any mention of either higher resolutions or framerates... it honestly looks like a straight port with no enhancements.

I'm certain that we can at least select higher resolutions. Everything else would be crazy, no matter how bare bones this port is.

But you're right, judging from the trailer, there don't seem to be any improvements unfortunately.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I can't believe this is probably not getting an X patch. It's absolutely mind boggling that they denied that so often but then made a PC port....

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Origin and Uplay are actually pretty good imo.

I mean, I will always buy games first and foremost on Steam, but I won't have any problems buying a game on Origin and Uplay.
Yeah I know I play Fifa on a daily basis, despite the PC gaming QOL issues port (can't alt-tab during an online match you're getting kicked if you do so, if you touch your KB/M just before launching the matchmaking you're stuck playing without a pad), Origin itself is functional but I would still prefer Valve's ecosystem with Big Picture mode, Steam Play etc.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
I'm certain that we can at least select higher resolutions. Everything else would be crazy, no matter how bare bones this port is.

But you're right, judging from the trailer, there don't seem to be any improvements unfortunately.

Ah yeah, no doubt there will be some basic graphics options, it would be crazy to release without those. I was mainly referring to rendering/internal 3D resolution. Even if it releases in that state though I doubt it will take long for fans to figure out how to unlock that stuff.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I can't believe this is probably not getting an X patch. It's absolutely mind boggling that they denied that so often but then made a PC port....

"Realistically it's not in the cards at this point", the community manager James Stevenson said when asked about Xbox One X enhancements for Sunset Overdrive. "Our engine code is several years developed from Sunset Overdrive, and to re-open that project and try to piece it in there, on a new piece of hardware, plus all of the testing and resources going into it, isn't something we're able to do in house. Right now everyone here is focused on Marvel's Spider-Man."
April 2018.

Knugen

Avenger
Nov 30, 2017
Sweden
If this hits Origin I'll buy it there.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Be interesting to see if the Chaos Squad coop mode is in the game, I guess it depends on how quickly the port was churned out as I'm sure that would require a lot more testing.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is probably not play anywherre because they don't want a bunch of people getting the PC version for free.

It wouldn't be be crazy to think that PC only gamers use gamepass trials more aggressively than people who game on Xbox do. When you look at how barebones the offering on PC is (especially when compared to origin access) you can't really blame anyone for doing so.

If it's not available on gamepass via play anywhere then maybe it will be at a later date whenever they get round to rolling out a PC version of gamepass.

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really enjoyed this game.

That humor though, fucking awful. Some of the pandering in the game is the worst Iand cringiest I've ever seen

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you always believe that it was a 100% inevitability that it was coming to PC?
No, but my point is they returned to this game years after it went dormant, so if they were going to do an X patch this is the obvious time for them to do it. The game is relevant again. This is the moment to get another sales bump and an X patch would certainly make that happen on the console side.

They're not going to let it go dormant again and then return to it again to do that.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god it's not just on the windows store. Never buying shit off of that storefront ever again if I can avoid it.