• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Any news if it's DX11 or DX12? Weird that they're specifying W10 if it's not DX12 but the game is so old I would think even on Xbone it's 11 based...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
YO WAIT THIS COMES OUT TOMORROW! Shiiiiiiiiiiit I'll find some shit to sell at Gamestop to get a steam card. Been dying to give this game a shot ever since it was originally announced.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Cheap price and Steam release? Good MS, that's how you get customers (assuming the port is good)! I'll get it.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will probably get this through play anywhere. But will buy again on Steam because this game needs all the support it can get!

Zophop

Apr 12, 2018
Cannot wait to pick this up again. Sunset Overdrive is easily one of my favourite Xbox games and I'm always looking for an excuse to play it again.

Also the voice acting for the female player is amazing.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Getting real excited. This and Rare Replay were the two Xbox games I always played with the idea of getting an Xbox One for so its not looking likely so far (maybe after the Xbox Two-by-Four comes out and the Xbox One is cheap)

This will be a great weekend.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Anything not AAA is probably DOA on the Microsoft Store. Recore, Phantom Dust and Age of Empires come to mind.

How many hours do you think left till the Steam release? Thanks.
Around this time
t1542391200z4.png

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Buy it people, I played on Xbox and was an awesome game. Chaotic fun and one of the most innovative and memorable bosses I ever seen in a videogame appear in the last DLC.

Kass

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain me in factual terms why it's so important to people that the game is on Steam over Windows Store?

I really don't get it, both seem to work fine and the game plays the exact same.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain me in factual terms why it's so important to people that the game is on Steam over Windows Store?

I really don't get it, both seem to work fine and the game plays the exact same.

A number of people have had difficulties with the Window Store versions of games. From not working, updates being wonky, and the installing of them on other drives can be a little awkward too. Steam makes it a bit easier. Plus, Steam has overlay controls for non-x-input controllers.

Kass

Oct 27, 2017
A number of people have had difficulties with the Window Store versions of games. From not working, updates being wonky, and the installing of them on other drives can be a little awkward too. Steam makes it a bit easier. Plus, Steam has overlay controls for non-x-input controllers.

I see, still feels a bit of an overeaction but I get it.
Thanks a lot!

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- A lot of people have different sorts of problems with the store
- After GFWL they don't trust MS
- Game files are encrypted, lack of mod support, UWP is not an open system
- The amount of features Steam gives you

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

The Windows Store has a lot of issues for some folks including myself. Not reliable. Games are also encrypted and good luck ridding your hard drive of an orphaned install folder. You can't mod or tweak or really do anything. It's completly locked down. It's just not something that fits in with how people like to game on PC.

Completely, utterly off base here. Nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if it's on Steam or any other platform as long as there's an alternative to Windows Store. Just the sheer amount of trouble I've had with UWP games turned me off forever. If you haven't had problems, congrats, but many of us have had them.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium

Steam sells classic win32 games that can be modded, tweaked, fixed and improved by the community without any restrictions. The Windows Store sells games as encrypted UWP apps that are completely locked down, and can't be modded at all.

Windows Store also has many technical issues and other disadvantages compared to Steam (or any other digital game store on PC)

That's complete bullsh*t. There are plenty of well documented reasons why the majority of PC gamers doesn't want to use the Windows Store, while they have no issues using GoG, Battle.net, Origin or even uPlay.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017

Windows store is garbage for the most part and has a lot of issues for most people. There is a reason why Phil Spencer had to say publicly he wants to make improvements to it.

I take it you never had issues with the store and yet you'll pass judgement on others ? Classy.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Completely, utterly off base here. Nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if it's on Steam or any other platform as long as there's an alternative to Windows Store. Just the sheer amount of trouble I've had with UWP games turned me off forever. If you haven't had problems, congrats, but many of us have had them.

That's complete bullsh*t. There are plenty of well documented reasons why the majority of PC gamers doesn't want to use the Windows Store, while they have no issues using GoG, Battle.net, Origin or even uPlay.

I take it you never had issues with the store and yet you'll pass judgement on others ? Classy.

Yup. Not because of controller support, in-home streaming, family sharing, or just plain stability.
I'm personally talking about myself here, as I prefer everything to be on Steam XD

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I never finished this, and I never played the male protagonist for comparison, but the female protagonist is hilarious, and your should choose her.

Kass

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone, did not mean to derail the thread, was just curious as it comes up often on PC threads here with people saying "It's just garbage" without any detail.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
So.. the Windows Store version is not Play Anywhere, nor is it included in Gamepass? Nor are the achievements shared with the Xbox version?

Man, Microsoft get your shit together..

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Much better pricing, it actually plays better because you can actually play it on Linux/Windows 7/8., Refunds community forum where people can share fixes, family sharing, screenshot sharing, better modability

Oh and game downloads actually work

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It seems the separate achievements are a reason for plenty of Xbox fans to double dip and buy the game in the Windows Store instead of Steam.

For me it's a sign that the way they do things is fundamentally broken. They've introduced Play Anywhere in 2015. Three years later they still don't have a way to retroactively add it to games. Not asking for cross play, just cross buy and progression.