jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Nope! I like to think that had we got Launch, we'd have looked at who he was strong town reading, which included you despite having voted for CoolestSpot before me. But that's probably just wishful thinking.
If launchpad died at that spot it's game over because i would be forced to send the night kill and there's no way Natiko does not track me.

also ive been spelling LaunchpadMcQ name wrong all game why did nobody tell me.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uzzy you were killer new player

Also Alexem, thank you for the love in the chat, along with your read of me fanto.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
FYI forcing ties and risky voteplay is something I Do as town as well please don't scum read me when I start My aggressive vote manipulation antics in the future

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been thinking about why Fran was night killed, and I think it was to set up this play.

I think Maol is correct that Launchpad and Verelois are the scum here. Which I'm sure will get used against me for 'flipflopping' on my initial D1 read, predicated on Maol shutting down discussion then. But whatever.

Assuming 2 scum, we've currently got 7 townies and 2 scum. Kill a townie tonight, night kill another one, and it's 5 to 2, with CoolestSpot looking very easy to get wagoned tomorrow. Then suddenly it's 3 to 2.

Fran gets night killed to ensure that anyone coming after either Maol or CoolestSpot would be easy to cast suspicion on, hoping that I would. Which I did, so I get the double vote from Launchpad and Verelois.

If CoolestSpot is scum, then his rather erratic behaviour is far too obvious, discounting some crazy double bluff. Therefore, as he already has a vote on him

VOTE:LaunchpadMcQ
And actually, Uzzy was dead on that we killed Fran to set this up lol

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a long time agonizing over whether or not to wait a day before bringing a case against Launchpad too because I had so little to use against him. In the end I felt town really needed to hit scum D2 so they could. breathe a little and use D3 to answer the Coolest question a lot of them were stuck on.

It was a close game, really don't think any side could have played it better with what they were given.

FYI forcing ties and risky voteplay is something I Do as town as well please don't scum read me when I start My aggressive vote manipulation antics in the future
lol, you've lost all goodwill buddy.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8RKp.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I at least targeted scum with both of my shots. Just a real bad break on the results. I suspected Jman, but I was never getting Launched without that track result. Maybe if it had been Launch vs Vere D2 or something lol

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I at least targeted scum with both of my shots. Just a real bad break on the results. I suspected Jman, but I was never getting Launched without that track result. Maybe if it had been Launch vs Vere D2 or something lol
Yep you took two great tracking shots and correctly scum read me all game. You did a great job definitely my town M.V.P. The only major mistake was blind faith in Launchpad.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
This is part of one of my post in scum thread Game winning choice randomly planing at 2:30 am

"I think I It's a trap to assume I have to use my ability just because it's there let's just win tomorrow on social skill."

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
This is part of one of my post in scum thread Game winning choice randomly planing at 2:30 am

"I think I It's a trap to assume I have to use my ability just because it's there let's just win tomorrow on social skill."
This was followed by Launchpad helping me get my piranha plant claim straight might have screwed up without his guidance.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

I loved this post btw lol. Most people are going to use their ability if they have one I feel like, but you just decided to say "Nah, to hell with it" and it actually kept you safe in the end.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I think you and Vere had your heads screwed on right more than most folks, and you looked in the right places. We weren't 100% on our reads either, but we had a little luck on our side and I feel barely made the right calls

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this post btw lol. Most people are going to use their ability if they have one I feel like, but you just decided to say "Nah, to hell with it" and it actually kept you safe in the end.
Even while agreeing with Jman, I was so sold Brazil was the tracker. It was a backfire waiting to happen, and for something we absolutely did not need to do.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Fanto when I signed up for Mario mafia there was only two roles I wanted to be princess peach or piranha plant

explain to my why #PlantGang was not represented as a real role this game?

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto when I signed up for Mario mafia there was only two roles I wanted to be princess peach or piranha plant

explain to my why #PlantGang was not represented as a real role this game?
I can't! As I've said, I was not the one who designed the game, I merely hosted it.

I loved your fake claim though! As someone who has also come up with my own fake claim as Scum and gotten away with it (for a few days at least), I can definitely say it was a good one! ;)

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm sorry we hammered before you got a chance to participate in the final day.
I've always wanted to be lynched before being able to post anything

The true Stan experience

Hope you had fun, Brazil! I know you aren't available as much these days, so I appreciate you signing up! <3

Even though you were dead wrong, I loved watching you go in on Vere the other day too lol. :P
Hey, gotta have at least one Brazil moment in the game

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
No, I stopped reading after I died. I was a little pissed off for dying early, again.

Congrats scum team and thanks Fanto for running it.
I'm sorry fran I decided to kill you because you are the only one who played with me before very recently and I was scared you would pick up on any diffrence in my behavior.

getting killed early sucks though it was nothing personal just trying to take best path to victory.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I am worried next game people will think I am scum because I played similar to this game when in reality this is just how I play Town or Scum.
My first ever game I was townie as fuck and was in fact town (tho I mainly was only believed because I was a lover with a parter and town thought it was crazy for the scum team to claim lovers).

In my second ever game I was an Innocent Child (confirmed town by the game runner at the start of the game) Captain America but because it was a bastard game, most of the players were suspicious of me despite me playing townie as fuck ;w;

Basically. You will always be suspected unless you are confirmed town in a non bastard game. XD

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I guess at least the "Good Guys" won? Congrats to the Scum team!

I didn't keep up with the game all that much, but from skimming I was super convinced that the Scum team was Natiko and jman.