• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games ever getting even better - love it. The MM2 disrespect was ridiculous...

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it sure took them a LONG time tho. their other "live"-ish games (splatoon, arms, smash, mario tennis, etc) got content updates way sooner.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
5d0bd491e3ecba0a8c11b8d6.png

1OYlwxu.jpg

So they took down Mario Battle Royale to then basically steal the idea lol
No, lol. It's not even realtime multiplayer, you're racing ghosts which Nintendo has been doing since SNES times.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting pokeys since mm1. Dash block is great to make an even more accurate champions road now, and mt must dash being able to use cars.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hey, one NES costume finally made it back into the game, maybe in 3 months we get another one. 🙄
(I know he has extra features now, but still kinda laughable)

Expected a bit more for the first big update but it's alright I guess.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Only 2 enemies 1 gadget and 1 block type. but every single one of them is game changing and link looks insane.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly cool update. Love the 3DW dash panels and Pokeys.

Also yeah, Master Sword powerup is the show stealer here. Expecting a ton of user levels to use that one now, so excited to see what people come up with.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Hopefully if you get hit as Link you don't just turn back into Mario, that'd make designing around him a nightmare

That was my first thought too. Like the mystery mushrooms were neat in the first game but if you wanted to make a "themed" stage with them, you'd have to bombard the player with replacement mushrooms throughout the stage.

I'm loving the dash panels. I hope other items and enemies can use them too.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, but I would've preferred a more packed DLC update even tho that means it wouldn't be free.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Good update. The Master Sword one is crazy. It will result in a lot of Zelda style dungeon levels.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Losing those costumes was totally worth it if they are going to do more power ups like this Master Sword.

You're not Mario wearing a Link skin, you turn into a 2D platformer Link!!

Now I want the Varia suit, the splattershot, the DK banana, the works!!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The original game never added any new power-ups or enemies post-launch, so i'm excited to see what they have in store for the future here.

I guess Fuzzy and Swoop are the next two re-occurring enemies waiting to be added? I'm all for more crossover power-ups (Samus and Kirby please) but some more vanilla stuff like the Ice Flower would be cool too.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The original game never added any new power-ups or enemies post-launch, so i'm excited to see what they have in store for the future here.

I guess Fuzzy and Swoop are the next two re-occurring enemies waiting to be added? I'm all for more crossover power-ups (Samus and Kirby please) but some more vanilla stuff like the Ice Flower would be cool too.
What item would turn Mario and co into Kirby?

Tim Aza

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stockton, CA
So, the Master Sword isn't just one power up, but six. You can:

• Attack with a sword
  • Guard with a shield
  • Dash attack
  • Down thrust
  • Use a bow and arrow to shoot in three different directions
  • Use bombs

That's gonna open up a whole new way to play the game.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna spend so much time with the master sword...

Now if only they could add ice flower power up so my nephews would stop complaining about it.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I assume we will get another update like this for the game's first anniversary in 6 months time. Would really like to see a Samus powerup then in the vein of Link.

The warp star probably.
Bit tricky to pick out one, but I don't think that would stop it from happening. Maybe a Warp Star? Maxim Tomato?
You have no idea how excited I am at the prospect of Nintendo doing more of these.

A Kirby power up that allows you to succ and float (stealing powers is probably a bridge too far unless they really are about to go nuts), DK banana that gives you DK physics and the ability to roll, a ring that turns you into Sanic complete with those pinball physics.

Like holy fucking shit we could be GOING PLACES.