• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Played up to the desert area last night. But stuck around that first area for a while just exploring all the nooks and crannies. This is what I've wanted from Mario since 64, this wonderful sense of exploration. I'm so glad I went on media blackout for this.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Played a little last night in handheld mode, collected most of the moons on the first level. Game looks and plays great. Resolution might be sub native but I'm not noticing it.

The motion controls issue somewhat bothers me. Might setup the dock and play it on my monitor, but it's not a huge issue.

Kud_Dukan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Picking up the game during my lunch break. I'm working from home today, so that's going to make the afternoon even longer since my switch will be sitting within reach...

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The map itslelf is super clever and fun with all of the additional information on sights to see in the kingdom and everything.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3:04 p.m. Still no sign of the postman despite two false alarms from dpd leaving parcels for neighbours with me. Hope dwindling.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got back from Target with an Odyssey bundle, Pro controller, charging grip, yellow Joy-cons, Mario Kart, and Zelda. Haven't bought a Nintendo device since the DS. Very excited to be back.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first level and had a blast. Love taking over stuff with Cappy. Plus my new kitten loved it too, she jumped up on the TV stand and kept slapping Mario as he was running around and jumping. Good times were had.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since 12am, now 4pm here. Still in the sand kingdom finiding moons with the amazing AHA moment when you found how to get them or discover a secret.

I really dont undertand people that are saying this game is super easy. I think the hidden levels moons are, not incredibly difficult, but some of the task I died an amount of times. People will say thet the bullets bills and the jaxi's control bad, I actually say they dont and learning how to control them and get the secret moons is part of the challenge.
So here you are just exploring nicely and getting some moons here and there in a very relaxing way, with some sprinkle challenges here and there that look more like galaxy/bowser castle 64 levels that make you be on your toes.

Loving the difficulty right now.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since 12am, now 4pm here. Still in the sand kingdom finiding moons with the amazing AHA moment when you found how to get them or discover a secret.

I really dont undertand people that are saying this game is super easy. I think the hidden levels moons are, not incredibly difficult, but some of the task I died an amount of times. People will say thet the bullets bills and the jaxi's control bad, I actually say they dont and learning how to control them and get the secret moons is part of the challenge.
So here you are just exploring nicely and getting some moons here and there in a very relaxing way, with some sprinkle challenges here and there that look more like galaxy/bowser castle 64 levels that make you be on your toes.

Loving the difficulty right now.

The difficulty is the one thing I miss. i don't need constant difficulty, but I would love some areas that are like Sunshines "secret" areas. I think I died 3 times before hitting credits, but Waypoints audio review did hint that some of the post-post game stuff might be challenging.

GeneralZod

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I got it delivered to work happily sat at my desk with the hat on for a good 5 minutes and felt no shame haha, just a big happy grim.

Managed to get around 40 minutes at lunch I so can't wait to get home and play all night so good.

What a week!!

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
So, this game is good. It's great. Already on the third kingdom, have been trying to grab EVERYTHING... but I fear it may be too short? Not sure yet. It's packed with stuff but I am getting everything I find really easy.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit this morning and can't wait to get back into it after work...

Is the motion control stuff necessary at all? I was playing in handheld mode and it seemed fine.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I think I got all the moons in Cascade Kingdom
*checks map to see I have less than half of them*
I see...

If you beat the level initially and come back it opens up more moons. I'm only on the 2nd area, but I think this is the norm method of gaining access to more moons for each level. Just a guess.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Amazing game so far, so many secrets and hidden activities to do. I do miss challenging platforming but I assume it's there somewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a good two hours after getting the game, got all of the purple coins and at least 18 Power Moons. After running out of ways to nab the rest due to come objects and areas likely being accessible, I moved on to the desert kingdom before going to bed.

Really fun and can't wait to keep playing tonight.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My face hurts from all this smiling. I legit just had one of the most depressing weeks of my life. This game. This game just did something wonderful for me. I am so thankful to every person on the dev team for this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This is just so much fun to play. I've got about 60 moons and the movement options have been great so far. It's fun trying to bypass a section with the various options you have. The small bit of height you get from throwing the cap goes a long way. If it continues like this then it might end up being my favourite Mario game.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
BTW.. HD rumble broke my mind in a secret room in the sand kingdom. God that was surreal haha

MalpercioGoC

Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Can't wait to pick this up today! I might just leave work early today to get my hands on this game.

Think I'll played docked and try out the split JoyCon controls actually, even though I'm usually more of a Pro controller or handheld guy.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wooded Kingdom is seriously one the best levels i have played in any game ever. So far i would definitely say Lake Kingdom is the weakest.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Grabbed about 30 moons in Tostarena before deciding to check the list to see how many I was still missing.

After I picked myself up from the floor, I shed a single, lonely tear.

This game man. Christ, how am I supposed to 100% it? :lol

Oct 25, 2017
How Amazon performs today determines whether or not I'm signing up for Best Buy's discount program. I'm working from home today so it's probably better they have delivered yet, but come 6pm, if I don't have it, Imma get pissy.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first post of a new Era! I was watching this thread all day yesterday and I'm happy to finally jump in! I missed talking to you Nintendo loving folk.

I went to bed early last night but set an alarm for midnight EST so I could wake up and play a few hours. Holy cow is this game great. I had to force myself to go back to sleep after about two hours. Otherwise I have little doubt that I might have stayed up all night.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
MwaKK58_d.jpg

Finally got one! They were opening the switch shipment in Target. I dont know how many Switch they had.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why, but it honestly took me until about the 3rd Kingdom to really get into the game. Mario's handling and how he navigates the environment with the cap took me a little getting used to. But by the time the game really turns you loose, I was hooked. I doubt I'll be able to put this down over the weekend.

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
Woke up to see that my bestbuy order was not delayed! It was just the dumb coin. (Comes tomorrow) I can't wait till I get home.

Yayayyaay!

Seiken

Oct 26, 2017
I should be getting the game any minute now :)! Haven't been this excited for a Mario game since Sunshine!