• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
Loved Kingdom Battle.

That's another 2022 title though, very intrigued to see what we are going to get over the next six months now.

I am afraid there won't be much new. We already have Golf, Pokémon, SS, maybe some other Zelda games for the anniversary. We may bet 1-2 more releases but I am not expecting much to be honest.
2017, 2019 were really strong years, 2021 would've been one of them but it'll go to 2022 instead due to covid.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So uhhhh what do you do when a 3 week old is screaming for 6 hours straight? She's still eating and pooping and everything and is nice and dry and warm and clean, but she's clearly in a lot of pain.

Any pediatricians here?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
The way it was described on the podcast (assuming by the hints) was that it'll be the 6 games in the Octopath traveller graphical style.

There's zero chance it's that, imo. These 2DHD games have a considerable budget, DQ3 is standalone and is being marketed as a big thing, it doesn't even has a release date yet cause it's probably not ready.

I think Nate was talking more in terms of what he thinks would be cool to see, I don't think he realistically expected that.

We will be lucky if they give us the SNES versions of V and VI instead of the ugly mobile ports.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
So uhhhh what do you do when a 3 week old is screaming for 6 hours straight? She's still eating and pooping and everything and is nice and dry and warm and clean, but she's clearly in a lot of pain.

Any pediatricians here?

I am not a pediatrician but maybe you should go see one. If everything else is fine like you said and the baby hasn't stopped for that long it's not seeking attention either. It would grow too tired for that at some point.

(I am aware I am saying this from a very privileged position from a country where public health insurance is a thing and a doctor's visit, in 9/10 cases, you will never see a bill cause insurance pays 100%.)

GiJose

Oct 25, 2017

Any pediatricians here?

3 week olds can do that

If she can get back to her baseline happy self and her belly is soft when she is, odds are just starting to fuss

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017

Any pediatricians here?

Might have colic. Maybe try some Gripe Water.
My family swears by Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water.

They may also have constipation. You get get these little tubes/whistles that you stick up their booties to help them release it.

Also babies love a good firm swaddle.

Also it's ok to set the baby somewhere down safe and just walk away for awhile. Take care of yourself so you can take care of the baby.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Any pediatricians here?
I have no expertise whatsoever, but if you feel at all unsure, it's probably best to get in touch with your local pediatrician. They can do some checks to see if your little one is just a bit noisy or has something ailing them. People on the Internet can only guess based on your descriptions.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Go to a pediatrician
Not trying to sound like a prick, but take her to the doctor.

Haha we already called them, they'll get back to us to let us know if we should come in. I'm not a moron.

Formula baby or breast fed? If breast fed, perhaps something that mom ate last night? Just guessing here.

That was my thinking but she's been really careful about not eating anything dairy or spicy.

Not pediat but pretty close to be a doc here. Does she has fever? Well if you are worried go to ER. Does she has a nice skin colour?

Yeah she's perfectly fine besides the crying. No fever, skin looks fine.

We gave it to her twice since this started.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I know it's off topic obviously but I'm very, very tired.

Doni

Aug 24, 2020

Any pediatricians here?
I really dont want to sound rude, but its better to go see a doctor than asking in a gaming forum.
I hope its nothing serious and she will feel better soon.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I am afraid there won't be much new. We already have Golf, Pokémon, SS, maybe some other Zelda games for the anniversary. We may bet 1-2 more releases but I am not expecting much to be honest.
2017, 2019 were really strong years, 2021 would've been one of them but it'll go to 2022 instead due to covid.

I fear you may be right, but I hope you're wrong. I'm optimistic, but realistic. I reckon we'll get one or two cool games - it's just going to be if they appeal to your tastes.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

They may also have constipation. You get get these little tubes/whistles that you stick up their booties to help them release it.

Also babies love a good firm swaddle.

Also it's ok to set the baby somewhere down safe and just walk away for awhile. Take care of yourself so you can take care of the baby.

Mine seems to hate the swaddle with a passion. Whenever it's on she starts pushing and struggling with all her might. I don't think it's constipation since she's pooped a few times over the night, but I may have to take your advice in the last paragraph next time this happens.

Okay, fam.

I think we're ready!

Bring on the Metroid: Thread.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020

There will be way more than 1-2 reveals for 2021. That would be a pretty barren slate for the holidays. That won't happen.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more optimistic with this leaked game being 2022

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

Any pediatricians here?

Like others have said, get off ERA and call your pediatrician.

There are any number of things that could be causing discomfort and pain for a three week old, and you'll need to follow the doctor's advice to find the cause.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Like others have said, get off ERA and call your pediatrician.

There are any number of things that could be causing discomfort and pain for a three week old, and you'll need to follow the doctor's advice to find the cause.

I should've prefaced my post by saying we already called the pediatrician's nurse line and they'll get back to us as soon as they're able.

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020

Any pediatricians here?
Could be colic or another gas type situation. Try gas drops or mommy's bliss gripe water. Helps a lot.

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Did you guys saw the last Nintendo Minute? They did this weird game of choosing between two Nintendo character-based situations and, as usual, all of them were about characters from actual or upcoming games to promote them: Animal Crossing, Skyward Sword, Mario Golf...

The thing is that they ended with Donkey Kong and King K. Rool. Do you think it means something?

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see Fire Emblem, Metroid V, some casual games (think Ring Fit / Mario Kart Live), and several eShop releases filling the gaps for the rest of H2.

BOTW2 and DK (if it exists) are 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.