• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Without even checking the copyrights, anyone familiar with how Nintendo operates when it comes to brand new IP made in collaboration with their usual third part collaborators know it's gotta be a co own IP. I didn't had to check and I knew they would at least partially co own Buddy Mission BOND's IP.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Eshop games from Nintendo I would like to see is classics from the Famicom which didn't got any sequels with reimagined 2D artstyle (think something like the Ghost N Goblins. Not the same artstyle, but you get me. New 2D art style, not 8bit based), with a few gameplay twists/additions.
Ice Climbers but with better level design and a little bit more actionny, Mach Rider with some kind of upgrade system to become permanently stronger, and other games such as Murasame Castle (still waiting for it on the Famicom and NES app by the way, same as Mach Rider), Balloon Fight, etc...
I heard something like this before, but I don't really trust that info. Nintendo getting different indie devs to work on a series of reimaginings of black box NES titles. Don't think it'll actually happen, but hey, it'd be neat!

Because of this "co-ownership" thing, we can't have player avatars on Switch from franchises like Kirby, Fire Emblem and Pokémon.
We have Kirby avatars.

HAL always plays nice with Nintendo when they want to do crossovers; Kirby had a Mii Costume in Mario Kart 8 too!

Calvertutrp

Dec 4, 2020
I wish Buddy Mission was getting more of a push if only for how much I thoroughly enjoy Yusuke Murata's art in basically everything I see from him and I'd love for him to collab with Nintendo more

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm playing Control and ... I can't help but wonder how this video game limits itself by being "typical AAA videogame". Like, you have a world full of paranormal phenomena but the enemies are typical TPS soldiers (possessed by an entity). A mini boss is even the typical "Big guy in armor and a gatling."

It is a good game but that is "too videogame".

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I'm playing Control and ... I can't help but wonder how this video game limits itself by being "typical AAA videogame". Like, you have a world full of paranormal phenomena but the enemies are typical TPS soldiers (possessed by an entity). A mini boss is even the typical "Big guy in armor and a gatling."

It is a good game but that is "too videogame".

This is part of what turned me off from this game, it kind of looks like just a generic shooter to me

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I heard something like this before, but I don't really trust that info. Nintendo getting different indie devs to work on a series of reimaginings of black box NES titles.

We have Kirby avatars.

HAL always plays nice with Nintendo when they want to do crossovers; Kirby had a Mii Costume in Mario Kart 8 too!

We do? *quickly grabs Switch to change avatar*

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This is part of what turned me off from this game, it kind of looks like just a generic shooter to me
I'm a huge fan of the SCP Foundation and yes, this game is inspired by it but it "gamifies" it and makes it all a bit generic. Telekinesis, pistols, shotguns, the typical dodge ...

It reminds me of Infamous Second Son. A game where you have incredible powers to be a superhero ... which are things like "Throwing grenades that are actually smoke powers" or "Sniper rifle but it is a power" or "Submachine gun but it is a power".

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Without even checking the copyrights, anyone familiar with how Nintendo operates when it comes to brand new IP made in collaboration with their usual third part collaborators know it's gotta be a co own IP. I didn't had to check and I knew they would at least partially co own Buddy Mission BOND's IP.
The specificity of "brand new IP made in collaboration with their usual third part collaborators" seems like it's setting me up for a No True Scotsman here, but I'm sure you can find examples of new IPs published by Nintendo that they don't co-own. Bravely Default. Daemon X Machina. Whatever else.

Regardless of all of this, we're not going to see an installment in a Nintendo IP like Fire Emblem announced in a Partner Showcase. The whole point of rebranding Directs that way was so people would stop expecting first-party announcements.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The specificity of "brand new IP made in collaboration with their usual third part collaborators" seems like it's setting me up for a No True Scotsman here, but I'm sure you can find examples of new IPs published by Nintendo that they don't co-own. Bravely Default. Daemon X Machina. Whatever else.
Those are games that Nintendo only published outside of Japan; you can throw in Octopath Traveller and Fitness Boxing too; it's a totally different case.

Nintendo are publishing Buddy Mission BOND in Japan (and right now that's the only region the game is being released in at all).

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Those are very specific case. Those games aren't Nintendo games in Japan, just deals for Nintendo to publish it in the West.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eshop games from Nintendo I would like to see is classics from the Famicom which didn't got any sequels with reimagined 2D artstyle (think something like the Ghost N Goblins. Not the same artstyle, but you get me. New 2D art style, not 8bit based), with a few gameplay twists/additions.
Ice Climbers but with better level design and a little bit more actionny, Mach Rider with some kind of upgrade system to become permanently stronger, and other games such as Murasame Castle (still waiting for it on the Famicom and NES app by the way, same as Mach Rider), Balloon Fight, etc...

I was with you until you said Mach Rider and Murasame Castle.

The former needs a Jodorowsky-esque take on Mad Max starring canonically female Mach Rider directed by Suda.

The latter has to go to Hideki Kamiya Kenji Saito at PlatinumGames for a character action revival.

WayForward can get Urban Champion Resurrection tho!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I was with you until you said Mach Rider and Murasame Castle.

The former needs a Jodorowsky-esque take on Mad Max starring canonically female Mach Rider directed by Suda.

The latter has to go to Hideki Kamiya Kenji Saito at PlatinumGames for a character action revival.

WayForward can get Urban Champion Resurrection tho!
Mach Rider El Topo or The Sacred Mountain (is it the english title of the film ? I assume it is. Only know the french title, La Montagne Sacré.) by Suda51 I'm all in.
And yeah I always was in for a Murasame Castle revival by PlatinumGames ever since Kamiya mentionned wanted to work on it lmao

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok everyone, I have spoken (chat) with Brazil. Those were hints from him.
giphy-downsized.gif

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Thank you! So, it could be interpreted as BOTW2, a remake of Holy War in Fire Emblem, some spin off of Splatoon focused on the Octoling, a 2D Metroid and remake of Pearl / Diamond. It's really nothing we haven't heard rumors about before but it's interesting.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mach Rider El Topo or The Sacred Mountain (is it the english title of the film ? I assume it is. Only know the french title, La Montagne Sacré.) by Suda51 I'm all in.
And yeah I always was in for a Murasame Castle revival by PlatinumGames ever since Kamiya mentionned wanted to work on it lmao

The Holy Mountain actually. Some good shit, even though I hold Jodorowsky the person in very low esteem.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Give me the confidence of an insider to piggyback off existing rumors and rake in the Internet clout if one of them turns out to be right.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The Holy Mountain actually. Some good shit, even though I hold Jodorowsky the person in very low esteem.
Oh yeah sounds better, thanks !
Have to say I don't know much about the person.
Only watched El Topo, Holy Mountain, and the documentary of his version of Dune that he was supposed to direct. Glorious stuff, and while it portrays him as some kind of a spiritual creator, which speaked to me a lot, it did also portrayed him as a tyranical father (El Topo becomes very ambiguous once you re watch it after knowing that)

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone! Just checking in. Back to work (therefore checking out this thread all the time) Monday for me. But I thought I would stop in. We getting hints?? I feel like this is gonna be a good year.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So Metroid, Splatoon, Fire Emblem, Zelda and Pokémon this year? And maybe DK? Seems almost too good to be true....

#believe

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah sounds better, thanks !
Have to say I don't know much about the person.
Only watched El Topo, Holy Mountain, and the documentary of his version of Dune that he was supposed to direct. Glorious stuff, and while it portrays him as some kind of a spiritual creator, which speaked to me a lot, it did also portrayed him as a tyranical father (El Topo becomes very ambiguous once you re watch it after knowing that)

Mainly some weird comments he made years ago but it doesn't really matter anymore. The man is quite irrelevant today and his films will outlive him.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo do we have a poll for when we think the Direct is? I have a feeling it's gonna be February but I'm hoping it's this month.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Man oh man, a brand new FE game this year and it's going to be a FE4 Remake? I'm way too excited now. I just hope IS develops it instead of KT. FE needs have a better engine.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
So Metroid, Splatoon, Fire Emblem, Zelda and Pokémon this year? And maybe DK? Seems almost too good to be true....

#believe
Imma go out on a limb and say that DK will come out March 2022 (unless BOTW2 is delayed). Gotta save some games for later. 2021 will have more than enough, and DK could get lost in it all.

That, and the DK coaster in Japan should be opening in 2022. It's early in construction now.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Almost 4 years into the Switch and we haven't seen anything Metroid. I had the same feeling with the Wii U, and bought a Switch thinking that, "Surely, we will see Metroid soon!"

Good thing the Switch is a great console all around, even without fulfilling my deep desire to play Metroid.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Imma go out on a limb and say that DK will come out March 2022 (unless BOTW2 is delayed). Gotta save some games for later. 2021 will have more than enough, and DK could get lost in it all.

That, and the DK coaster in Japan should be opening in 2022. It's early in construction now.

Idk if DK would get "lost," it has the potential to sell a lot. More than Metroid and Fire Emblem anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.