Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone were to do mine too I would really appreciate it.

I have no photoshop skill so here's a boring list.

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
2. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
3. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
4. Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne)
5. Hornet (Hollow Knight)
6. Amaterasu (Okami)

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
Dream Pass:
- Sora (KH)
- Oliver (Ni No Kuni)
- Rex (XC2)
- Crash
- Dante (DMC)
- Master Chief (Halo)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In hindsight, I should have put this on the first page.

KnMAvIn.png

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the last six additions, two of which are Nintendo-owned characters and four of which are not, I really would love to see this:

1. Captain Toad/Toadette (as a male/female alternate sort of thing) - song, Captain Toad Medley
  2. Rabbid Princess Peach - song, "Two Worlds Collide"
  3. Geno - song, "Star Hill"
  4. Nakoruru - song, "Waltz of Nature"
  5. Joanna Dark - song, "Enter the Dark"
  6. Master Chief, song - Halo Medley or, if I have to pick one song, "Opening Suite"

I know those last two aren't going to both happen if even one of them happens, and I know that Nakoruru is technically another swordsperson, but those are what I'd prefer to see with the same split as the first Fighters Pack had. I also wouldn't mind including Rayman in there (along with something like "Moody Clouds" as his music), so maybe he can replace one of Joanna or Chief.

Of course, I'd rather just have Geno and then five other Nintendo characters - Captain Toad/Toadette, Wart, Pauline, Impa, and King Hippo or Twintelle, for example. However, if there will be at least four non-Nintendo characters, then that's what I'd have interest in seeing.

I think Mario needs more representation in the game in terms of characters, tbh, which probably is an unpopular take, but which is how I feel. Captain Toad, Wart, Pauline, Fawful, Dr. E. Gadd, deep cuts like Tatanga - I'd welcome them all.

The only thing more egregious is the lack of LoZ representation. You have the four champions, you have Impa, Marin, Princess Hilda, Skull Kid, etc., to choose from. Zelda, three Links, Ganon, and Sheik is just awful representation for that series, come on.

EDITED to replace Wart with Rabbid Princess Peach because I have problems, and I'm not afraid to admit them on this message board.

Last edited:

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Just 3 damn spirits left. After this I should get to pick a DLC character tbh.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Eff it, I'll try some predictions:

• FP2 will either follow the style of Smash 4 & FP1 or be very heavily vocally fan requested
  • If its former, expect picks ala FP1, if latter, expect Rex, Geno etc.
  • There is a chance at least 1 slot in FP2 will be dedicated to "western request", tho this doesn't guarantee a character created in west
  • Just like if former FP1 style scenario happens, we aren't guaranteed to get more 1st parties. It's a funny cycle, we didn't expect Nintendo character on FP1, and we got 1, what if we expect Nintendo character in FP2, and we won't get one
  • Master Chief & Sora will be total MIAs
  • Travis has an ok chance
  • Heihachi too, however if there are other fighting game franchises that get picked, Heihachi is done
  • As odd as Namco situation, we aren't guaranteed to get Namco rep
  • Unsure if Dante ends up like Travis or MC
  • BIG IF, If Sakurai actually notices the backlash from western folks on Byleth and he wants to "make up for it", we will only get even more soul crushing Spirit & Mii deconfirms
  • Which further cements that we will still absolutely see soul crushing, "no way" deconfirms ala RE, I predict the absolute biggest shit storm will be if Crash is Spirit or Mii
  • …or maybe Crash is just MIA as well
  • Hornet's massive recent popularity has convinced me. Good job Hornet, you will make a great Mii Swordfighter outfit!
  • DOOM seems fitting for Mii's & Spirits as well
  • If we do get "massive fan requests" as FP2, I think Rex being Fighter 6 would send that message well, or Geno. I'm unsure if fan requests happen, that which one would be E3

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Want:
  • Crash
  • Chosen Undead
  • Master Chief
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Dante
  • Sora
Guessing:
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Urshifu
  • Heihachi
  • Crash
  • Ring Fit
  • Geno
Plz someone photoshop mine. All I have to my name is MS Paint. Though keep the text: "Six additional fighters will join the battle!"

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Hope it is not bothersome but can anyone photoshop my wishlist?

CP#6: Lara Croft (I expect a hard hitter to open this pass)
CP #7: KOS-MOS (Just out of personal want since she's my favourite video game character)
CP #8: Terra Branford (if an SE rep happens I would love to see her) She has the magic and we need more mages in this game. Imagine Terra with a Trance gimmick. It's going to be Sephiroth
CP#9: Jill Valentine (yeah yeah spirits.... wtv I still want her)
CP #10 Xenoblade rep. Any but I would personally pick Fiora Xenoblade DE or Melia cause her elements can be crazy cool in smash
CP #11: Princess Zelda BOTW 2 complete with a all magical moveset and new spells or Tharja FE AWAKENING (yes, that's a fire emblem character)

(use zelda instead of Tharja. Use Fiora for the Xenoblade section)

Thanks!

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My Fighter Pass 2 wishlist:

1. Chun Li
2. Doomguy
3. Dixie Kong
4. Rayman
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Lara Croft

If anything I wish we can at least get Dixie.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Want:
  • Crash
  • Chosen Undead
  • Master Chief
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Dante
  • Sora
Guessing:
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Urshifu
  • Heihachi
  • Crash
  • Ring Fit
  • Geno
Plz someone photoshop mine. All I have to my name is MS Paint. Though keep the text: "Six additional fighters will join the battle!"
So, do you want to guess roster too or is this good?

OYpcmZf.png

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I wanted to say RIP Wonder Red, since there is absolutely no shot in hell Nintendo would put a character in Smash from a game they couldn't even bother to fund a port for and was willing to sell the IP, but he was never getting in regardless so it's really business as usual

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I've got a crazy list including a four character echo pass. BUT. The echoes are not all same franchise, and require some compromises in move set. Hear me out.

Fighter Pass 2
1. Dixie
2. Geno
3. Twintelle
4. Chelle
5. Crash
6. Master Chief

Echo Pass
1. Chun-Li (Based on Ryu)
2. Sora (Based on Cloud)
3. Impa (Based on Sheik)
4. Dr. Eggman (Based on Bowser Jr)

If you don't want Activision, replace with Phoenix Wright (Personally, I'd be happier as an Ace Attorney fan)

Would you be happy with the above based on characters (I have ideas on how to make the echoes work, but still ironing out)

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
👏

NJF9an9.jpg

This art came from Brawl era so this person actually predicts a character that finally made in Smash Bros via Ultimate. I guess it took many years of trainings to become a legitimate threat.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I know, I know. I'm on mobile right now. I'll explain further later.
I'm baffled. Ryu and Chun-Li have completely different skeletons and don't share a single animation with each other. Cloud's use of the Buster Sword isn't anything like Sora's use of the Keyblade. Bowser Jr. and Dr. Eggman both pilot mechs, but that's all they have in common; you can't just slap the character model of a giant, obese human over a baby turtle.

Echo fighters are essentially just alternate skins with unique taunts and minor parameter and attack animation tweaks. None of the characters you described could even remotely work in that capacity. Ken is the most unique echo in the game, but he's still very clearly based on Ryu.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to say RIP Wonder Red, since there is absolutely no shot in hell Nintendo would put a character in Smash from a game they couldn't even bother to fund a port for and was willing to sell the IP, but he was never getting in regardless so it's really business as usual
I'd argue he has a better show with the Kickstarter being a thing. As a dead franchise owned by Nintendo it had no chance anyway so a possible revival with more ownership on Platinum can at least mean there's more visibility later on. It's not a great chance but an existent one is better than none at all

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
since Sakurai took a look at Sonic the Fighters for Sonic's moveset, Eggman should go the same route and have his mech-suit from that game
latest

(I really hate the bipedal Egg Mobile from Adventure 2, frankly)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm baffled. Ryu and Chun-Li have completely different skeletons and don't share a single animation with each other. Cloud's use of the Buster Sword isn't anything like Sora's use of the Keyblade. Bowser Jr. and Dr. Eggman both pilot mechs, but that's all they have in common; you can't just slap the character model of a giant, obese human over a baby turtle.

Alright, Chun-Li I'm going to throw out of the conversation. I realize there's no way I can justify that. I'm taking the L on that one.

Sora I know doesn't 100% match Cloud due to giant buster sword vs smaller key. I get that. But, I think I have an idea based on Cloud's movements and a few other things. That may blow up in my face though. I'll admit that. I'll explain later.

Eggman I think maybe if we enlarged the model slightly and replace some of the clown car weapons with same attack style but different look, it could work. Most people I've seen suggesting Eggman basically say he's be in one of his egg machines anyway.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Echo fighters are essentially just alternate skins with unique taunts and minor parameter and attack animation tweaks. None of the characters you described could even remotely work in that capacity. Ken is the most unique echo in the game, but he's still very clearly based on Ryu.

I can't help but be reminded of the minor push for Giovanni with Persian, Rhydon, and Nidoking as a Pokemon Trainer echo.

Echoes are ultimately supposed to be derivatives of base characters but in localizing the term as "Echoes" that intent has somehow been completely lost in translation.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Hope it is not bothersome but can anyone photoshop my wishlist?

CP#6: Lara Croft (I expect a hard hitter to open this pass)
CP #7: KOS-MOS (Just out of personal want since she's my favourite video game character)
CP #8: Terra Branford (if an SE rep happens I would love to see her) She has the magic and we need more mages in this game. Imagine Terra with a Trance gimmick. It's going to be Sephiroth
CP#9: Jill Valentine (yeah yeah spirits.... wtv I still want her)
CP #10 Xenoblade rep. Any but I would personally pick Fiora Xenoblade DE or Melia cause her elements can be crazy cool in smash
CP #11: Princess Zelda BOTW 2 complete with a all magical moveset and new spells or Tharja FE AWAKENING (yes, that's a fire emblem character)

(use zelda instead of Tharja. Use Fiora for the Xenoblade section)

Thanks!
There isn't a BotW 2 Zelda render out there yet, so OG BotW Zelda will need to do.

oiEIaoR.png

I'm done with these pass images for now; haven't even had brekkie yet.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Since we are doing wishlists for FPvol2, here's mine:
  • Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
  • Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza)
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
If I get just one of these I'm already happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.