Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, Chun-Li I'm going to throw out of the conversation. I realize there's no way I can justify that. I'm taking the L on that one.

Sora I know doesn't 100% match Cloud due to giant buster sword vs smaller key. I get that. But, I think I have an idea based on Cloud's movements and a few other things. That may blow up in my face though. I'll admit that. I'll explain later.

Eggman I think maybe if we enlarged the model slightly and replace some of the clown car weapons with same attack style but different look, it could work. Most people I've seen suggesting Eggman basically say he's be in one of his egg machines anyway.

The issue is that for a character to be an Echo they basically need to be derived as much as possible from the original model. That's why Isabelle isn't an echo; they couldn't make her without making a new model and skeleton.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember being really disappointed that I'm A Goddamn Superhero ended up just being a trailer for NMH3.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
There isn't a BotW 2 Zelda render out there yet, so OG BotW Zelda will need to do.

oiEIaoR.png

I'm done with these pass images for now; haven't even had brekkie yet.

you're fantastic! Thanks dude.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that for a character to be an Echo they basically need to be derived as much as possible from the original model. That's why Isabelle isn't an echo; they couldn't make her without making a new model and skeleton.

Shit. I thought it was just that the move set didn't match 100% that made Isabelle not an echo.

Alright, I apologize. I'm a moron.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit. I thought it was just that the move set didn't match 100% that made Isabelle not an echo.

Alright, I apologize. I'm a moron.

We're talking about a fandom who had to have clones renamed for them because they thought Falco and Young Link were taking up spots from unique characters. You're fine.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if a Splatoon rep is being undersold as a 1st party possibility in FP2

Splatoon 2 is nearing 10m sold and it's not really getting active support any more. Wouldn't be surprised if the team had a sequel for 2021

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm wondering if a Splatoon rep is being undersold as a 1st party possibility in FP2

Splatoon 2 is nearing 10m sold and it's not really getting active support any more. Wouldn't be surprised if the team had a sequel for 2021
I'm still a firm believer in DLC Echo Fighters, so I think we'll see Octoling at some point.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There isn't a BotW 2 Zelda render out there yet, so OG BotW Zelda will need to do.

oiEIaoR.png

I'm done with these pass images for now; haven't even had brekkie yet.

I'm really impressed with how many of these you've been able to crank out. Like, at this point I think you've done a "slide" for pretty much every character with a real shot, and dozens that are just pipe dreams for random people.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
If you could only guarantee one song coming from your most wanted characters what would they be? (This doesn't mean it's the only song just that it'd be the only one you would know is getting in for sure.)
Well if I had to reduce The iDOLM@STER to just one track my definite pick would be Go My Way!! M@STER Version (that just means all the girls sing it):

Touhou is part of my 'mite b cool' list and since the track that introduced me to its music is Flowering Night (via NIght of Night MADs) I'd want to see that included:

And finally, since it was my first Harvest Moon game, I'd want to ensure that the first GameBoy version got some love (OK, cheating a bit since I'm not really narrowing it down to just one specific track):

(Luckily for me the soundtrack is very similar to the SNES version)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to throw stones around here but Olimar and Ganondorf mains should be avoided.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If Doom Slayer doesn't happen, can Sakurai at least patch this music track in?

At Falcon's Gate.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
If we're doing want vs expect lists...

Want:
Rex with Pyra/Mythra
Sol Badguy
Noel Vermillion
Selvaria Bles
Ichigo Hoshimiya
Lyndis or Katalina

Expect:
Camilla
Camilla as Monster Hunter
Camilla as Akuma
Camilla as Lara Croft
Camilla as Haruka Amai
Camilla as Lyndis

wedl

Oct 26, 2017

yeah if any first party series needs more its splatoon (and xenoblade but we're talking about splatoon)
the only splatoon 2 stuff is spirits/songs, and the series has just gotten so much bigger since the wii u original its hard to imagine nintendo didnt have it on the shortlist. i imagine theyd go for the octolings as an inkling echo/a full new character but who knows?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
How about we do a music trade? The Mario Kart stages can get Mute City and Big Blue from Mario Kart 8

while the F-Zero stages can get N64 Rainbow Road from the F-Zero X Expansion Kit.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of ommissions, I know people like to focus on all the non Street Fighter 2 tracks, but considering they included pretty much the full OST of SF2, why did they skip the credits theme?

Such a fun upbeat tune.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
yeah if any first party series needs more its splatoon (and xenoblade but we're talking about splatoon)
the only splatoon 2 stuff is spirits/songs, and the series has just gotten so much bigger since the wii u original its hard to imagine nintendo didnt have it on the shortlist. i imagine theyd go for the octolings as an inkling echo/a full new character but who knows?
If it's in promotion of a new game I could see them going for a new character

The other thing I'm thinking of in the context of the Byleths having different idles and winposes would be Callie and Marie as alts of the same character

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Octoling would probably be a bigger challenge than people realize since Inkling already has eight unique ink colors. Octoling would need to use slightly different shades than Inkling, but that might pose readability issues; orange Inkling versus slightly-different-orange Octoling could get confusing. Opposing ink colors are always really distinct when playing Splatoon. There's also the problem of Octoling's most iconic promotional colors (magenta and green) being close to two of Inkling's colors.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ok, I've got a crazy list including a four character echo pass. BUT. The echoes are not all same franchise, and require some compromises in move set. Hear me out.

Fighter Pass 2
1. Dixie
2. Geno
3. Twintelle
4. Chelle
5. Crash
6. Master Chief

Echo Pass
1. Chun-Li (Based on Ryu)
2. Sora (Based on Cloud)
3. Impa (Based on Sheik)
4. Dr. Eggman (Based on Bowser Jr)

If you don't want Activision, replace with Phoenix Wright (Personally, I'd be happier as an Ace Attorney fan)

Would you be happy with the above based on characters (I have ideas on how to make the echoes work, but still ironing out)
You have played Street Fighter before, right?

EDIT: Oh, you addressed it.
Alright, Chun-Li I'm going to throw out of the conversation. I realize there's no way I can justify that. I'm taking the L on that one.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Octoling would probably be a bigger challenge than people realize since Inkling already has eight unique ink colors. Octoling would need to use slightly different shades than Inkling, but that might pose readability issues; orange Inkling versus slightly-different-orange Octoling could get confusing. Opposing ink colors are always really distinct when playing Splatoon. There's also the problem of Octoling's most iconic promotional colors (magenta and green) being close to two of Inkling's colors.
The ink colors are only relevant in the context of characters either being inked or the occasional roller trail. This seems like a non-issue

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the easiest way to get around it would be to disable certain alts that are adjacent to their Inkling variants. Not ideal but it'd be a fair compromise.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

A spin-off, sure. But I feel like Splatoon is one of those once-per-generation franchises as far as mainline entries go.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe

some captain falcon mains started bombarding my twitter account because one of them was bragging about how he sent a laundry list of balance changes for captain falcon to Nintendo CS, and I told him not to do that

You mean this whole time I could have just e-mailed Nintendo for Lucas buffs?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If you could only guarantee one song coming from your most wanted characters what would they be? (This doesn't mean it's the only song just that it'd be the only one you would know is getting in for sure.)
Late but:

Estelle:

Fun fact about this one: It was used in a Fire Emblem ROM hack. So it's basically confirmed by that alone.

Saber:

Sakura:

This one is guaranteed anyway, but there's a damn good reason for that.

Any Granblue character, I don't care who:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I think that would only really matter for roller trails on the ground, I don't think the game differentiates who's ink is covering which characters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if you have one character covered in blue ink, for instance, and then another Inkling shoots them with orange, all of the ink on them changes color and the ink amount just adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.