Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing talking about characters lacking legacy and not even mentioning Ness and Lucas.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Citing FE Warriors as a legacy is pretty weird because they pretty much based their roster on last two released games along with the original game. It's probably calculating move to trying to appeal to new fanbase who bought Awakening and Fates to pick up FE Warriors but it didn't worked out and led to some backlashes for not having some worthwhile characters that people wanted to see like Ike, Sigurd, etc.
I only remembered people whining about no ike and roy specifically (honestly if they threw in lyn ike should have been considered) but always found it funny how despite being panned consistently it somehow managed to ship a million copies

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember the trailer that Cap Falcon had to fight against THREE FIRE EMBLEM characters and handling it like a champ.

1NYQL4l.gif

He managed to take Chrom down and nearly defeat Lucina at her own game without an usage of swords. And manage to dodge Robin's elwind.
My man deflecting Lucina's thrust with nothing but his fuckin' fist and a smile. Put her back in the trash where she belongs. That shit was glorious.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also waiting on Wart. Him showing up in Nintendo's 2020 recruitment pamphlet was a nice surprise. Oh, and Link's Awakening ofcourse.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Remember the trailer that Cap Falcon had to fight against THREE FIRE EMBLEM characters and handling it like a champ.

1NYQL4l.gif

He managed to take Chrom down and nearly defeat Lucina at her own game without an usage of swords. And manage to dodge Robin's elwind.
This made me want him to be in the FE games as a cameo character.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen Diddy as a....son. More like Diddy being Donkey Kong's bro.

barney_rubble_and_fred_flintstone_postcard-re5846ac3097d4f8cb748ff7690a08b20_vgbaq_8byvr_704.jpg

same energy

I always kinda saw the scene in SSE where he saves Diddy from getting shot in a bit of a fatherly light

I've said this before, but this would of all been way more cooler if it were K. Rool instead of Bowser here. Alas...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally returned to the game instead of shitposting about it.

K.Rool has buffs yo!

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I have actually been playing single player modes of SSBU a lot recently

today I managed to crash the game somehow, that's a first for me

this is clear foreshadowing of CP7 being Bagu And Errol (previously known as Error)

Feb 24, 2018
Was thinking about a Digimon rep and how they'd work for Smash after reading the last few pages of this thread, the gimmick for a Digimon would likely be evolution but how to do it and what way would work best?

Using Agumon who'd be the mostly likely candidate for a Digimon rep, the most obvious answer is them being able to evolve into Greymon like the anime and most modern games, either on a time, a charge meter or damage they've done.

But then Sakurai focuses on the games, not the anime which is a lot different so thought deeper. in the very first Virtual Pet when Agumon was introduced, they had five evolutions depending on how well you treated them, number of fights etc. Greymon, Tyrannomon, Meramon, Devimon and Numemon:

So I was think would Sakurai try to do something more accurate to the original games and I was thinking of ways how his team could do it?

1. Just do the Greymon line, the easiest option and do what I said above, maybe also then having Metal Greymon be an option when you pass the timer/charge meter etc.
  2. Try to have all 4 main evos, Greymon, Tyrannomon, Meramon and Devimon (excluding Numemon because I doubt they'd want to poop throwing slug to be playable), either by have the skin you chose determining the one your Agumon evolves to sort of like Hero (so Skin one being Greymon, two being Blue Greymon, three being regular Tyrannomon etc) or have it be random when you fill the timer/meter or determined in the way you played and damage taken. This seems least likely since that would involve 5 models, 2 of which very unlike the Dinos.
  3. Same as the above but with just Greymon and Tyrannomon (which were Agumon exclusive evos), All three share similar bodies so you could reuse a lot of assets and Greymon and Tyrannomon already fight differently, Tyrannomon is a slasher and a brawler characters, with sharp Freddy-like claws while Greymon is more focused on their fire blast ranged attacks and in close combat, headbutts and using his horn. Again you could choose who Agumon evolve into via the skin selection or when the meter's filled or it could be random or based on playstyle, close and agressive being Tyranno and range and defensive being Grey.
  4. Side step all of the above and have Agumon warp digivolve to the very popular fan favourite Wargreymon.
  5. Or maybe have instead a duo team like the Ice Climbers if the two had slightly different move sets with Agumon and Gabumon that evolve into the most popular Digimon according to Bandai's own polls, Omegamon.
Again, I'm wonder if any of those would be feasible.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but you know the Xbox version will get Spawn. Who's the real winner here?

Status
Not open for further replies.