• Sure, as Mii Costume..

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine an alternate universe where Nintendo dropped out of the console arms race and became a multiplatform developer

Perhaps we'd have Super Smash Bros. for Xbox One, featuring Banjo & Kazooie as a guest fighter. And Super Smash Bros. for PlayStation 4, featuring Ratchet & Clank.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine an alternate universe where Nintendo dropped out of the console arms race and became a multiplatform developer

Perhaps we'd have Super Smash Bros. for Xbox One, featuring Banjo & Kazooie as a guest fighter. And Super Smash Bros. for PlayStation 4, featuring Ratchet & Clank.

In theory, yes. I imagine if Nintendo went third party, Smash would be a much smaller game content-wise then it is now.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017

This is stupid, they would never put Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i still can't believe Todd MacFarlane got to design the world's worst OC and got it put into Soul Calibur 2

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017

We can go cursed-er.

Super Smash Bros. x Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
We can go cursed-er.

Super Smash Bros. x Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

659845de71935f4f1aef48816e01a625.png

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Bros. for iPhone and iPad but not iPod, exclusively featuring Alucard and Simon Belmont

Super Smash Bros. for Google Stadia, exclusively featuring netcode

Super Smash Bros. for teletext, exclusively featuring an elephant with cheese instead of a head

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It still baffles me to this day

That Spawn movie's coming, guys, trust me

It's still coming

Spawn's a goober but he does get points for meeting the Joker in MK11 and immediately deciding he's going to murder him as violently as possible.

(I actually think Spawn is basically alright and is clearly intended for edgy teenagers instead of grown ass boomers like myself)

Jun 11, 2019
Spawn's a goober but he does get points for meeting the Joker in MK11 and immediately deciding he's going to murder him as violently as possible.

(I actually think Spawn is basically alright and is clearly intended for edgy teenagers instead of grown ass boomers like myself)
He's better than most Liefeld creations, I'll give him that

That and the "My Soul Still Burns" comment

That gets me

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I know absolutely nothing about Spawn, but for most of my life I've been convinced that Todd McFarlane made Venom to be basically just be Spawn in the Marvel universe.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's better than most Liefeld creations, I'll give him that

That and the "My Soul Still Burns" comment

That gets me

Liefeld made a bunch of lame ripoffs of other superheroes but somewhere along the line he accidentally made Badrock, who in defiance of tradition was a cool and original idea for a superhero and who earnestly embodied the unique aspects of the new verse Liefeld was creating.

If Liefeld wasn't the lamest asshole on the planet that could have gone somewhere.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Man I didn't even know there was a character designed by Todd McFarlane in Soul Calibur 2 (that wasn't Spawn over on Xbox, obviously)

I played SC2 a lot with my brother back then and I barely even remember Necrid lol. I assume he wasn't popular considering they didn't bother bringing him back in future games.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Man I didn't even know there was a character designed by Todd McFarlane in Soul Calibur 2 (that wasn't Spawn over on Xbox, obviously)

I played SC2 a lot with my brother back then and I barely even remember Necrid lol. I assume he wasn't popular considering they didn't bother bringing him back in future games.
i believe MacFarlane owns Necrid too, so they likely didn't want to renegotiate rights for a character no one really liked anyways

his general visual flair and playstyle was revisited with the much more positively received Algol and Azwel too, so Necrid is thankfully just a distant memory now

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Man this talk about character relevancy makes me worried K. Rool's return is only temporary.

Should we mention 3rd parties? A lot of them have been featured lately, even if poor Castelvania gets mobile games. And if you count Terry cameos as ok, thenisnt Banjo & Kazooie one of the lesser 3rd parties recently.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of the PlayStation characters would work in Smash Bros. Namely the more cartoony ones

Well let's see here...

These would probably look alright in Smash: Parappa, Ratchet & Clank, Kat, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Sackboy, Sir Daniel, Toro...Fat Princess

The others...well...Granted if Snake can work I suppose someone like Raiden could, Heihachi too, but the likes of Nathan Drake, Cole, Killzone guy, Kratos, etc all kinda lean a little too hard into the "realistic AAA western character" look that'd be pretty jarring in Smash.

Last edited:

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man this talk about character relevancy makes me worried K. Rool's return is only temporary.

Should we mention 3rd parties? A lot of them have been featured lately, even if poor Castelvania gets mobile games. And if you count Terry cameos as ok, thenisnt Banjo & Kazooie one of the lesser 3rd parties recently.

If Nintendo can't or doesn't want to renegotiate for Banjo, I imagine they'll keep K. Rool to make old Rare fans happy.

I also blindly trust Hyle of DKVine's source that a new DK game is in the pipeline.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I remember being told the HBO Spawn animated series is really good but besides the novelty being an animated action/adventure American show from the 90s aimed at adults I found it fairly dull.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Kratos would look fine in Smash. He'd still be adapted to games general aesthetic and wouldn't look that off.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
If Nintendo can't or doesn't want to renegotiate for Banjo, I imagine they'll keep K. Rool to make old Rare fans happy.

I also blindly trust Hyle of DKVine's source that a new DK game is in the pipeline.
Nintendo trying to make DK work behind the scenes? Like that would ever happen.

I mean if we want to go crazy for those theories, a full 3D DK ala 64 with return of K. Rool might be possibility. That seems ideal for K. Rool's return. Ofc if core Nintendo just wants to ignore him then...

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I remember being told the HBO Spawn animated series is really good but besides the novelty being an animated action/adventure American show from the 90s aimed at adults I found it fairly dull.
I remember watching one episode when it first aired and I felt the same way.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joel's tagline:

JOEL DOES WHAT HE HAS TO
(to survive)

JOEL

NEEDS THIS

*guns down everyone in his vicinity but it's okay because he has a child to protect*

It's basically alright and only really notable for those reasons.

I'm more about The Maxx.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Well let's see here...

These would probably look alright in Smash: Parappa, Ratchet & Clank, Kat, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Sackboy, Sir Daniel, Toro...Fat Princess

The others...well...Granted if Snake can work I suppose someone like Raiden could, Heihachi too, but the likes of Nathan Drake, Cole, Killzone guy, Kratos, etc all kinda lean a little too hard into the "realistic AAA western character" look that'd be pretty jarring in Smash.

Kratos maybe, but yeah Nathan Drake or Cole in Smash Bros would look a little off

Status
Not open for further replies.