Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Among these, I've only played Fall Guys thanks to it being free on PS Plus, which I also got a discount on.

I also played DDLC, but quit when the stuff started happening. I watched other people play it instead.

The rest I have no experience in, but watching Among Us when shofu plays is a ton of fun.
forgot to mention Getting over It; it was popular for a little while with streamers too.

To not say I never played anything like that, I guess popular Flash games on Newgrounds were kinda hard to avoid in my childhood.

you made the right decision here
the mere concept was already quite unappealing to me

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Happy Wheels just another one of those BMX motorcycle flash games, but with silly violence? I played plenty of those biking games on Newgrounds and other such sites in my (pre-)teens.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely.

I get to lie to my friends or play the role of detective; and both are fun.

When's the SmashEra Among Us session?

Yeah, those styles were fun.

Last night, I got banned from a room for predicting a correct imposter way early in the game. I was doing my task and I noticed that red were following the blue then a minute later, blue was dead.

I called Red out on that and he quickly made some excuses, etc then he basically threw pink under the bus when I was close by with pink. I was like, oh you basically threw Pink under the bus and I vouched for Pink since I saw them doing the chores.. Then most people went on and vote for red and the game ended.

I decided to stay in new game since most players were pretty decent and smart in that room. Then I told people Good games then Red's friend (I forget what color) were like, you can't make a claim about Pink being threw under the bus when I basically threw Red under the bus and banned me on that spot.

I thought it was amusing. Anyway, I'm open for SmashERA session if anyone cares to give this a try.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I have a couple of DDLC T-shirts.

Isn't Happy Wheels just another one of those BMX motorcycle flash games, but with silly violence? I played plenty of those biking games on Newgrounds and other such sites in my (pre-)teens.
It's kind if like that with hyperviolent custom obstacle courses. And you're on a bike, or a pogostick, or Santa in his sleigh.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
True, but I could honestly see him getting in for the same reason we got Banjo (though at least with Banjo, I'd imagine that he & Steve were a package deal). Though beyond him, I suppose there's Arle, Demi-Fiend, or Kiryu regarding Sega reps.

Geno could definitely happen as sort of a treat for Smash faithfuls. He and Lloyd go way, way back as speculation darlings and their missing Mii Costumes are all kinds of sus. Still, I'll never be too sure. Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

I'm also extremely pro-SEGA (avatarquote) but I also still kind of fall in line with my Capcom thinking. Just because they're a big company brimming with iconic characters from every genre doesn't leave them as a guarantee. I'm still leaning more towards companies without a playable character overall. Still, give me a Space Harrier mii gunner costume, Sakurai. Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played Among Us. What are you folks talking about?

GwG0qQs.gif

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Terry's definitely someone that would be considered "iconic" by a huge amount of people that simply exist outside the typical Smash bubble. It's one of the reasons I really hoped that people would expand on their expectations and consider a wider variety of characters, genres, and companies that could show up, but it still feels like it barely moved the needle.

It's sad. People seem to think that only characters in big, huge franchises & their popularities mean that they'll automatically get in Smash.

The good news is that having characters like Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie & Terry Bogard gives those characters more exposure.

Assuming Capcom gets anything at all, which is something I'm not sure why is so frequently considered practically a given in Smash discussions besides that the folks who exist in the bubble simply don't know much about other developers.

They don't want to face reality. Each 3rd party company that's been associated within Smash Ultimate has had two franchises represented, with the exception of Sega who has three & both SNK & Bandai Namco who only have one (though Fatal Fury & King of Fighters may count under SNK).

True, like maybe Ryu Hayabusa, Geno, & so on.

Realistically, I can see characters like Ryu Hayabusa, Arle Nadja, & Ayumi Tachibana making the cut for a couple of reasons:

1.) Koei Tecmo hasn't had anyone represented as a playable character yet, plus Ryu has a long history with Nintendo alongside Simon & Mega Man. And that's without counting his appearances on the modern Ninja Gaiden games or his appearances on the Dead or Alive series since DOA 1.

2.) Nintendo is coming out with remakes of two Famicon Detective Club games.

3.) Arle Nadja's series is popular in Japan with Puyo Puyo, & not to mention that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is on it's way.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's sad. People seem to think that only characters in big, huge franchises & their popularities mean that they'll automatically get in Smash.

The good news is that having characters like Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie & Terry Bogard gives those characters more exposure.

They don't want to face reality. Each 3rd party company that's been associated within Smash Ultimate has had two franchises represented, with the exception of Sega who has three & both SNK & Bandai Namco who only have one (though Fatal Fury & King of Fighters may count under SNK).

Realistically, I can see characters like Ryu Hayabusa, Arle Nadja, & Ayumi Tachibana making the cut for a couple of reasons:

1.) Koei Tecmo hasn't had anyone represented as a playable character yet, plus Ryu has a long history with Nintendo alongside Simon & Mega Man. And that's without counting his appearances on the modern Ninja Gaiden games or his appearances on the Dead or Alive series since DOA 2.

2.) Nintendo is coming out with remakes of two Famicon Detective Club games.

3.) Arle Nadja's series is popular in Japan with Puyo Puyo, & not to mention that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is on it's way.
If FDC gets localized, I'd agree.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

I don't get what you're implying here. You're saying that someone like Capcom can't get a third series in Smash, even though you just said that SEGA has three series (and you're also saying Arle could get in, bumping that to four)?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1.) Koei Tecmo hasn't had anyone represented as a playable character yet, plus Ryu has a long history with Nintendo alongside Simon & Mega Man. And that's without counting his appearances on the modern Ninja Gaiden games or his appearances on the Dead or Alive series since DOA 2.

Hayabusa's been part of DOA since the first game.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If FDC gets localized, I'd agree.

Until the game gets at least a proper Japanese trailer, I will continue to believe. The fact it still, after over a year, only has a brief "heya old people fans, we're making these remakes! Here's two seconds and some screenshots. Catch ya later!" just feels too fishy.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Hayabusa covers so much from Tecmo offerings;

the Ninja Gaiden series itself split between the 2D and 3D games, Dead or Alive and even Musou games.

surprised they didn't throw NG content in Ryza yet :p

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the Nioh games basically psuedo-prequels to Ninja Gaiden? I know one of Ryu's ancestors appears as a boss in one of them.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is so desperate for content that they finally localized a 30 year old NES game. Announce that FDC localization, Nintendo!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ayumi Tachibana more like Ayumi TachiBANNED lmao gottem

I hope FDC gets localized

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Hey. I just realize an OT title suggestion of mine just chosen. Pretty cool, especially since it wasn't a jokie title and more serious.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what would Ayumi play like in Smash Bros., anyways? Basically as Phoenix Wright did in UMVC3?

Probably the best guess? The games line up more or less the same as mysteries where you have to use the right items/do the right things at the right times to progress. Sakurai's not afraid of referencing the Vs. series when the time calls for it as well. Still, it's possible he could surprise us with something totally unexpected. Someone before (Mopinks?) also referenced SNK's Kisarah as a possible reference point which could be fun.

kisa-3hit.gif

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
But thats your opinion, Rillaboom is uninteresting for a Grass type and Cinderace is one of the most popular new Pokemon

People seem to like him :)
Who said anything about Rillaboom? He sucks too.

Dragapult and Toxtricity are where its at. And look at that, they topped the official Pokemon of the Year poll for Gen 8, beating out Cinderace. People seem to like them.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A big problem Famitan has is that it's tone doesn't really lend itself to a fighting game crossover. It's not a wacky series like Ace Attorney, it has comedic moments, but it's fairly grounded for a Nintendo game.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
One day we're gonna be chillin' to a new Nintendo Direct and it's gonna be like

Man, I hope the remake gets localized -- another lost piece of Nintendo history the West never got to experience.

(Remember back when that one stockholder dude grilled Miyamoto on a new Famicom Detective Club right before the remake was announced? I still can't get over that.)

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope the remake gets localized -- another lost piece of Nintendo history the West never got to experience.

(Remember back when that one stockholder dude grilled Miyamoto on a new Famicom Detective Club right before the remake was announced? I still can't get over that.)

Clearly he had a point.

A big problem Famitan has is that it's tone doesn't really lend itself to a fighting game crossover. It's not a wacky series like Ace Attorney, it has comedic moments, but it's fairly grounded for a Nintendo game.

I think Smash is no stranger to having wildly different tones represented in its characters at this point. It's definitely far less wacky and over the top than Phoenix Wright, but if Sakurai had an idea all the way back in Melee before writing it off due to the game not being localized outside Japan I assume he has SOME kind of concept how it would work. Besides, being the most grounded series represented in Smash could actually help it stand out.

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how the Enderman costume is half height compared to a real Enderman I say we switch to calling the Enderman costume "Enderboy."

^^^ Enderman

Enderman_SSBU.png

^^^ Enderboy

Thank you for listening.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
ayumi and kiryu will be "regular human person who lived in the 80s" reps

one for first party and one for third party

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Seeing as how the Enderman costume is half height compared to a real Enderman I say we switch to calling the Enderman costume "Enderboy."

^^^ Enderman

Enderman_SSBU.png

^^^ Enderboy

Thank you for listening.
the Enderman costume makes an otherwise scary creature adorable

Like the baby T-Rex from Land Before Time that didn't realize he was a carnivore and just played with the herbivores

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I don't get what you're implying here. You're saying that someone like Capcom can't get a third series in Smash, even though you just said that SEGA has three series (and you're also saying Arle could get in, bumping that to four)?

I never said that a 3rd party company couldn't have a 3rd character. Myself & Batfax just don't think that another Capcom character would be realistic as of now.

If they do have one, it's going to most likely be someone from Monster Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.