Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What's usually your issue with the games cause combat wise? it's kinda the same as usual outside of a couple odd new mechanics and some such

I'd say it boils down to two things:

1) I wanted more map interactivity than a battlefield, as in actually controlling a character walking around, exploring and talking to NPCs (which apparently 3H addresses?)
2) At least in the games I played I feel like the dialogue goes between "stiff classic wanna-be medieval fantasy literature" and "wacky anime hijinks" and it always feels awkward. Stilted, perhaps, is the best way to describe it. I don't know if it's a localization or tone issue but it's always prevented me from really getting into the games I played.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Jun 11, 2019
I'd say it boils down to two things:

1) I wanted more map interactivity than a battlefield, as in actually controlling a character walking around, exploring and talking to NPCs (which apparently 3H addresses?)
2) At least in the games I played I feel like the dialogue goes between "stiff classic wanna-be medieval fantasy literature" and "wacky anime hijinks" and it always feels awkward. Stilted, perhaps, is the best way to describe it. I don't know if it's a localization or tone issue but it's always prevented me from really getting into the games I played.
Ah well, number 1 is definitely addressed but you might find the pacing to be kinda ass at times tbh

As for number 2, that's a little bit harder to define honestly

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess there are multiple, but i'm specifically talking about Super Mario RPG Kirby Super Star!

I'm pretty sure my post already included a game where a spirit came from space, possessed a doll, and then teamed up with a portly hairy-faced hero to save the world while the spirit barely did anything and the hairy guy does all the heavy lifting. Dogs Bower would have a way cooler moveset than Nephilim though.

Definitely looking forward to that Super Star rep though. Heavy Lobster will RULE!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
My thing is even if I buy 3 Houses now I probably won't touch it for months (at best) and idk if $40 is a good enough deal for that.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Remember when they added Megalovania to Smash? Floral Fury too?

I miss getting music tracks with my Mii Costumes.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah. The SEGA 60th Anniversary concert's key image is completely revealed now. I remember us briefly discussing who would ultimately be in it for funzies a thread or two ago, so I may as well drop it here.

000-01-mv.png

As far as I know, the only games actually having music played at the concert are still Sonic, Phantasy Star Online, Sakura Wars, Yakuza, and Persona, so those are still the stars of the show. Nevertheless, it's nice to see a lot of cool series make it to the banner, like classic era Shining Force, classic Phantasy Star, and mainline SMT.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yep, the next Sega rep is definitely on that image.

Totally narrows it down a lot.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah. The SEGA 60th Anniversary concert's key image is completely revealed now. I remember us briefly discussing who would ultimately be in it for funzies a thread or two ago, so I may as well drop it here.

000-01-mv.png

As far as I know, the only games actually having music played at the concert are still Sonic, Phantasy Star Online, Sakura Wars, Yakuza, and Persona, so those are still the stars of the show. Nevertheless, it's nice to see a lot of cool series make it to the banner, like classic era Shining Force, classic Phantasy Star, and mainline SMT.

Nobody from Skies of Arcadia in this, fuck you segaaaaaaaaaaa.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020

000-01-mv.png

Omg they actually remembered Sir Tongara de Pepperouchau III and Clockwork Knight!!

Also, what time does Steve come out in Europe today?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Did you know? There was a time where Sega distributed Worms games in Europe. Then Nintendo distributed Sonic games in Europe. I don't think this chain will go on anytime soon though.
Omg they actually remembered Sir Tongara de Pepperouchau III and Clockwork Knight!!

Also, what time does Steve come out in Europe today?
Bad news, friend, your question is too specific. NoE marked the release date for tomorrow, not today. So past midnight. Historically 3:00 or something.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So Nintendo of Canada never deleted their tweet of the next Amiibos coming out in fall next year...

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting that Steve can't jump worth a damn, that's going to take so long to get used to.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see folks are already familiar with the best game Dogs has appeared in.

edit: Remembered he actually has another cameo in Illbleed besides that one, where he's on the cover of another game not Illbleed or Blue Stinger that's simply titled "Dogs."

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The OT title

It makes so much sense but it hurts so much

At least it's a Mii costume but dangit why isn't it his red one

Sakuraiiiiiiiiiiii

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Happy Minecraft day (well, for some)!
May the patch bless us with some glorious buffs for the low and mid tier characters.
Since this is a new thread and since everyone else is doing it, it's wishlist time :D
KazumakIryuSongofLifepng.png

1200px-BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle_Ragna_the_Bloodedge_Main.png

latest

300px-PhoenixGS5.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thread title is very fitting now that I think about it, since if there is no more hero salt then hoes are no longer mad. Steve is the first character in the game who has canonically used a hoe but he doesn't use it in Smash therefore no one will ever be mad in Smash ever again.

Maybe Sakurai is solving world peace one game of Smash at a time

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, it's official. Doom Guy's name is, has always been, and always will be "Doom Guy." The creator of Doom confirmed it himself.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Blocking in to the thread, where after the initial flurry of Steve and patch notes, we'll return to standard purgatory until January

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
My thing is even if I buy 3 Houses now I probably won't touch it for months (at best) and idk if $40 is a good enough deal for that.
Fire Emblem Echoes might be worth a shot. Dungeon crawling (sorta) and talking to NPC. Tho it's more menu based. Basically what a game would do without having having player controlled explorable towns

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

000-01-mv.png

This is why a Sega Smash Bros. clone needs to happen

Clockwork Knight vs. not Bruce Willis vs. the Daytona car

Status
Not open for further replies.