• A New Aegis Among Us

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo keeps on trying to throw in female love interests for Fox to try to convince us that he's not gay, but nobody is buying it

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Instead of playing Xenoblade I ended up starting a playthrough of Persona 5 Royal. It's been 4 years since I played the original so I think It's finally been long enough for me to play it again. I didn't even mean to play that much but whoops I played for 9 hours today.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
It should be canon, for the sake of the furry Star Fox fandom (AKA the Star Fox fandom).
Misread this as "the furry Star Fox fandom (AKA the Star Fox canon)" and didn't even question it.

Instead of playing Xenoblade I ended up starting a playthrough of Persona 5 Royal. It's been 4 years since I played the original so I think It's finally been long enough for me to play it again. I didn't even mean to play that much but whoops I played for 9 hours today.
When P5 originally came out, I can't remember how long my play sessions were, but I know they weren't healthy.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I finished the original Persona 5 over the course of two weeks when I was working in a restaurant during one of the busiest periods we had. My life was basically work, sleep, play P5, lol. I didn't feel burnt out or anything though. It was my favorite game of 2017. Right now I'm just trying to power through all the parts of P5R I've already seen. I'm liking the little changes so far though.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm deep in Chapter 3 of Xenoblade 2 now. I really like the pace at which the game drops new mechanics on the player. There's a lot to how the game plays, particularly in combat, that would be overwhelming if it was all introduced up front.

I also just generally forgot how fun these characters are. Originally, I was put off because they're so different and a bit more lighthearted than the casts of XC1 and X, but they really click.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I finished the original Persona 5 over the course of two weeks when I was working in a restaurant during one of the busiest periods we had. My life was basically work, sleep, play P5, lol. I didn't feel burnt out or anything though. It was my favorite game of 2019. Right now I'm just trying to power through all the parts of P5R I've already seen. I'm liking the little changes so far though.
Yeah, it's probably for the best that you haven't played it until now, both because obviously it's a lot to play again in the first place and because so much of Royal's meatiest new content takes forever to get to. If you can't have a good time "just" playing Persona 5, it's harder to get to what makes Royal a real upgrade.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, it's probably for the best that you haven't played it until now, both because obviously it's a lot to play again in the first place and because so much of Royal's meatiest new content takes forever to get to. If you can't have a good time "just" playing Persona 5, it's harder to get to what makes Royal a real upgrade.
Yeah, it having been 4 years (I have no idea why I said 2019 by the way, I guess I'm just tired) definitely helps because I have forgotten a lot of the little details over that time and the slight changes to the dungeon designs make it feel a lot more fresh. Like I'm on the second palace now and the entire dungeon feels new to me since it's been so long.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Not sure I'd have played Royal if I had played the original P5. The new content is great but it is such a long game to get through.
Makes me wonder how I'll deal with P6 when it comes out, whenever that is. I might just wait again till the upgrade if they're gonna go that route again.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'm deep in Chapter 3 of Xenoblade 2 now. I really like the pace at which the game drops new mechanics on the player. There's a lot to how the game plays, particularly in combat, that would be overwhelming if it was all introduced up front.

I also just generally forgot how fun these characters are. Originally, I was put off because they're so different and a bit more lighthearted than the casts of XC1 and X, but they really click.

I really dig the chemistry of the XC2 cast. Everyone plays their part and has good banter.

I understand why people don't like some designs, but I think XC2 does a great job of bringing the party together, building their bonds and developing them as a group and as individuals.

Whenever I've gone back and played it, the characters always win me over all over again.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
by the end of Persona 5 I was doing marathon sessions just because I was really, really ready for the game to be over

too much game

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Another day, another Monster Hunter for Smash post.

Monster Hunter will be a DLC character. The gimmick will be you can chose between three or four profiles of weapons and thus movesets.

The Cutting Hunter
  • Great Sword
  • Sword/Shield
  • Long Sword
The Blunt Hunter
  • Hammer
  • Hunting Horn
The Lance Hunter
  • Lance
  • Gunlance
The Bow Hunter
  • Light Bow Gun
  • Heavy Bow Gun
  • Bow
The Special Hunter (Dont know where to put those)
  • Insect Glaive
  • Charge Blade
  • Switch Axe
Could be cool to see a mix of those. Or perhaps only a few weapons would be used.

What do you all think? Or do we prefer Rajang playable.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another Monster Hunter for Smash post.

Monster Hunter will be a DLC character. The gimmick will be you can chose between three or four profiles of weapons and thus movesets.

The Cutting Hunter
  • Great Sword
  • Sword/Shield
  • Long Sword
The Blunt Hunter
  • Hammer
  • Hunting Horn
The Lance Hunter
  • Lance
  • Gunlance
The Bow Hunter
  • Light Bow Gun
  • Heavy Bow Gun
  • Bow
The Special Hunter (Dont know where to put those)
  • Insect Glaive
  • Charge Blade
  • Switch Axe
Could be cool to see a mix of those. Or perhaps only a few weapons would be used.

What do you all think? Or do we prefer Rajang playable.
The latter portion of the latest PapaGenos speculation video was saying the same thing. He theorized that four Monster Hunter movesets would take up the remaining dummy slots that were datamined by the launch of the game (there were 16 before Plant). It was expected that after FP2, there would be 4 left, but with Pyra and Mythra being technically two characters, that would leave 3 left after FP2. So, if one of the fighters was another multi-character fighter and it happened to be Monster Hunter, he thought the best way to represent them would be to have 4 individual movesets based on which weapon the player chooses on character select.

youtu.be

Concert Leak, the Final 2 Fighters ??? - PapaGenos

Doing a thorough deep dive into "Concert Leak", Could it have leaked the final two characters for the 2nd Fighters Pass and Super Smash Bros Ultimate!!!???Co...

I don't think that each moveset should take up a costume slot because that would suck if you wanted to do an all 8-player Hunting Horn concert, but the general idea of choosing your moveset before the fight would be kinda cool and something I considered would be a thing for the ARMS character.

I know Pyra and Mythra got people all fired up but four movesets is a bit much
Just add it to the Smash cycle, I suppose. But at least this is more interesting than "Character announced so this character no one has thought of until now is definitely next!" Monster Hunter support just keeps going.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's funny "character will come with bonus echo!" predictions tapered off after we basically got exactly that (just implemented differently)

I would have thought 2 for 1 character pack predictions would be all the rage right now

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The latter portion of the latest PapaGenos speculation video was saying the same thing. He theorized that four Monster Hunter movesets would take up the remaining dummy slots that were datamined by the launch of the game (there were 16 before Plant). It was expected that after FP2, there would be 4 left, but with Pyra and Mythra being technically two characters, that would leave 3 left after FP2. So, if one of the fighters was another multi-character fighter and it happened to be Monster Hunter, he thought the best way to represent them would be to have 4 individual movesets based on which weapon the player chooses on character select.

youtu.be

Doing a thorough deep dive into "Concert Leak", Could it have leaked the final two characters for the 2nd Fighters Pass and Super Smash Bros Ultimate!!!???Co...

I don't think that each moveset should take up a costume slot because that would suck if you wanted to do an all 8-player Hunting Horn concert, but the general idea of choosing your moveset before the fight would be kinda cool and something I considered would be a thing for the ARMS character.

Just add it to the Smash cycle, I suppose. But at least this is more interesting than "Character announced so this character no one has thought of until now is definitely next!" Monster Hunter support just keeps going.
That...actually makes a lot of sense...though i imagine it would require a bit of time so maybe that would be the last fighter

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
When I played Persona 4 on Vita it really was hard to play Persona 5 on console tbh. Playing Persona portably hits different imo.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I just remembered those Bravely Default II spirits are out. I also just realized my NSO subscription ran out. LOL!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pyra/Mythra's gimmick is they become a character with a completely different moveset. If we do get Monster Hunter, I don't think that will be their gimmick.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Pyra/Mythra's gimmick is they become a character with a completely different moveset. If we do get Monster Hunter, I don't think that will be their gimmick.

Idunno, I feel like that would be the best way of representing Monster Hunter, wouldn't it? I don't think they would not do it just because they did something kinda sorta similar on another fighter.

It does sound like a lot of work, but if there's any character that's worth it, it's probably Monster Hunter.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
A single character with four movesets is more work than has been done for any single character or multi character concept thus far (like Pokemon Trainer or the Mii Fighters).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Idunno, I feel like that would be the best way of representing Monster Hunter, wouldn't it? I don't think they would not do it just because they did something kinda sorta similar on another fighter.

It does sound like a lot of work, but if there's any character that's worth it, it's probably Monster Hunter.
The best way to approach Monster Hunter is to double down on the wide array of weapons & items, not to mention unique mechanics like sharpening & the Wirebug (if they choose to pull from MH Rise). Byleth only scratched the surface of the possibilities.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best way to approach Monster Hunter is not to have them in the game lmao gottem #lit

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I've thought about whether or not I should get Royal, because while there are definitely parts of Persona 5 I enjoy, the first dungeon was a surprising slog, coming from the more RNG-based structures of Persona 4. Having bespoke dungeons is better in many ways, but multiple times, I thought that surely, I must be near the end of the dungeon when nope! There's even more of it. Again.

I really dig the chemistry of the XC2 cast. Everyone plays their part and has good banter.

I understand why people don't like some designs, but I think XC2 does a great job of bringing the party together, building their bonds and developing them as a group and as individuals.

Whenever I've gone back and played it, the characters always win me over all over again.
The writing really does a great job of making the cast shine like that, whether its the dichotomy of Pyra and Mythra or Zeke having a freakout about someone touching another man's turtle. (For those unfamiliar, no that is not a euphemism.)

Dec 30, 2020
I've thought about whether or not I should get Royal, because while there are definitely parts of Persona 5 I enjoy, the first dungeon was a surprising slog, coming from the more RNG-based structures of Persona 4. Having bespoke dungeons is better in many ways, but multiple times, I thought that surely, I must be near the end of the dungeon when nope! There's even more of it. Again.

The writing really does a great job of making the cast shine like that, whether its the dichotomy of Pyra and Mythra or Zeke having a freakout about someone touching another man's turtle. (For those unfamiliar, no that is not a euphemism.)
Yeah, I really, really am enjoying the writing. The characters all feel comfortable with their fantasy-world, it can go from dramatic to silly, and sometimes it's just "hang on, let's all take a second to work out what in the hell is actually happening."

Also like Gramps subtly asking Dromarch if they should try to go out clubbing.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
There's probably a serious discussion to be had about whether or not someone whose writing is popular for being nonsensical and impenetrably convoluted is actually a good writer at all but I'm way too tired to have it.

Have this instead:

I see Digimon is keeping the rivalry flame with Pokémon ignited
fl1bxppeufm31.jpg

Aug 12, 2019

youtu.be

I think we've found at this point that slots have like meant absolutely nothing relative to what people thought they were originally. Like with the 16 World of Light slots they actually added new slots for I think Hero and Banjo & Kazooie rather than just use existing ones or something along those lines. Like theories around the voice slot also didn't pan out because there weren't placeholder slots actually in the code and it was founded on a perfect rectangle for the voice side and it's just not actually relevant.

I also think 4 entirely different movesets is way too much even directly after getting Pyra/Mythra. The most we've ever gotten was Pokemon Trainer at 3 and then Pyra/Mythra with 2 and I'd argue they are much easier work than 4 movesets that would need to be built around entirely different weapon kits (if they can't be like switched between, they are like 4 totally unique fighters and even Dragon Quest couldn't approach that lol).

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Not only that but with those light hearted moments when the game decides to get dark the contrast causes the moments to get Darker than they really meant to like take pandoria if she was all doom and gloom would it have been more memerable or less when it came to her backstory and that

she was almost sold into sex slavery until zeke rescued her core

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i still really have to give it to XB2 for giving a guy who intones everything with the same affect as a high school bully the same amount of pathos as a classical tragedy

Malos whips

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the club for lucky people who got their favorite characters in Smash Bros. I'm rooting for more characters since it's always fun to watch how the trailers unfolded and see what franchises that could get in Smash Bros. And mostly which characters would get their moments as well.
Same. If I had left the moment my favourite got it (ignoring the passage of time and how ones tastes change) I would have stopped following Smash speculation with the announcement of Brawl cos I got both Wario and Snake. Whereas the opposite is true and Brawl was the first I properly followed (with Melee I had to rely more on magazines).

It's funny "character will come with bonus echo!" predictions tapered off after we basically got exactly that (just implemented differently)

I would have thought 2 for 1 character pack predictions would be all the rage right now
One of the first things I joked about when I saw they were considered two characters was that this increases my Twinbee/Winbee echo wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.