What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oooh

that may end up being it tbh

Click Clock Woods' BGM was the first piece of music composed for the game so it's kind of fitting even as the final world in the game. Plus a level that changes seasons and hazards as the match progresses would be baller.

Just, for the love of god, don't let it be Spiral Mountain.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Click Clock Wood feels like it's set up the best to work as a floating platforms over bottomless pit level

Locations in the series don't really have much vertical space, besides Click Clock Wood.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Also agree that Click Clock Wood should be the BK stage.

The theme is just jolliness personified and the way it uses bird chirps as part of the melody is Kirkhopian genius.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm interested in checking out Dragon Quest should I check out DQXIS when it comes out?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
A Banjo Kazooie stage should be based on everyone's favorite world: Rusty Bucket Bay! If not that then everyone's second favorite, Clanker's Cavern.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Click Click Wood is a late game level. If Banjo got in, I don't see it happening. Spiral Mountain or Grunty's Lair is probably the obvious choice.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Click Click Wood is a late game level. If Banjo got in, I don't see it happening. Spiral Mountain or Grunty's Lair is probably the obvious choice.
Mario 64's final main stage was added as a stage in Melee.

Yet again, Peach's Castle was also there, so who knows what they will go with.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Banjo's stage would obviously be Spiral Mountain. Sakurai always picks opening stages unless they're interesting, in which case he picks mementos.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
God this thread is going to suck if Erdrick isn't in.
What will we do if Tansut/the other insiders had it wrong and we don't get him? What if Brave WAS referring to someone else?
I don't think my heart can take it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If all reps are guaranteed the first stage of their home games for stage representation, then Fire Emblem deserves more stages.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What will we do if Tansut/the other insiders had it wrong and we don't get him? What if Brave WAS referring to someone else?
Tansut only got word that a Dragon Quest character was coming. While Erdrick is likely, he didn't hear for sure if it was him.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't think you'll want to be in here if Erdrick somehow doesn't make it. People will be VERY happy about shattering the dreams of Dragon Quest fans.

That won't happen though.

Banjo's stage would obviously be Spiral Mountain. Sakurai always picks opening stages unless they're interesting, in which case he picks mementos.
Only one of the new stages in Ultimate so far is an opening area:
  • New Donk City: Mid-game area
  • Great Plateau Tower: Opening area
  • Moray Towers: Tutorial stage is played before you can play online
  • Dracula's Castle: Based on the final boss arena.
  • Mementos: You gain access to Mementos after the first palace
I mean...that's not even close to the same situation? Banjo is a guest character who'd get a single stage, you go for the obvious choice.
Right. So why isn't Kamoshida's Palace the Persona stage? Or even Sae's Palace, since it's where the opening segment takes place

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It could be another DQ Hero. How does everyone feel about Solo/Sofia?
latest

I'd be for it.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Nobody thinks of Spiral Mountain as the most obvious choice for a Banjo stage unless you believe in the dumb false meme that Sakurai only picks the first level of a game.

Even Cloud Cuckoo Land is more notable and popular than Spiral Mountain

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think click clock is more emblematic of banjo by spiral mountain tbh. click clock's music is the only original N64 plays in nuts and bolts.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I think click clock is more emblematic of banjo by spiral mountain tbh. click clock's music is the only original N64 plays in nuts and bolts.
Almost every stage from Kazooie and Tooie is remixed or referenced in the Nuts n Bolts soundtrack

I think Jolly Roger's is one of the only stages not referenced, musically. Maybe Glitter Gulch, don't remember hearing that one either?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"This original B-K music is also in Nuts & Bolts!" is not exactly what I'd call high praise.

Not when Weird Cube Banjo is in the same game.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I mean most people actually like the game. It only got bandwagon hate after that one guy made some lame video about it.
I distinctly remember seas of comments from people that hated the game before that video was ever published. Also, fuck that guy and his videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.