• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are we going to see Nintendo character getting in Smash Bros via DLC?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 90 59.6%
  • No...

Votes: 61 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
K. Rool was my most wanted character for Smash for a long, long while, with Crash a close second for at least the same amount of time. With the king in base game I'm super happy with that and Banjo was a character that I never even bothered giving my support of how much of an impossibility he was (not for being a western character, mind you), but now? there's just other character that would put me through the roof

besides, again.. the DLC at very least should look like this to not being too ugly :p
DLC.png

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I got my most wanted ages ago (King K. Rool) and a bonus lap (Banjo-Kazooie). At this point I'm just shitposting characters that I would like to see but won't be too broken up about if they miss the cut. I've more than been serviced by Smash Ultimate.
Yeah Joker was my dream character that I never believed could happen, so everything after has just been gravy. Figured I might as well shoot for the moon now and hope for Phoenix Wright and someone from Undertale to get my favorite soundtracks in at this point, but I'd be stoked for Doomguy or Monster Hunter as fighters too.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
K. Rool was my most wanted character for Smash for a long, long while, with Crash a close second for at least the same amount of time. With the king in base game I'm super happy with that and Banjo was a character that I never even bothered giving my support of how much of an impossibility he was (not for being a western character, mind you), but now? there's just other character that would put me through the roof

besides, again.. the DLC at very least should look like this to not being too ugly :p
DLC.png
Obligatory

comic375.png

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Smash 4 had too many freaky looking humans.

I'm really glad Ultimate is fixing it with these more normal looking dragons, crocodiles, tigers, and bears.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
When Phoenix Wright gets in, the following thread should be called Rise from the Smashes.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez fall asleep and you miss a whole new thread getting started.

Anyway if Resident Evil gets a character it won't be Jill because she's not the central focus character(Chris) or the most popular(Leon).

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I haven't bothered pre-ordering the next wave or two yet; I know i'll be able to get them here so I don't have much urgency. Excited to finally have every veteran next month.

I've not seen anything past next month available for preorder anywhere yet in the states. After all these years collecting mostly Smash characters, I'll be happy to have the vets too.

Unless you realize like me that technically Link, Zelda and Dorf are different incarnations and technically different characters as are a bunch of other ones too and you just try not to think about that.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Cornered is iconic and all but this will always be my favorite "gotcha!" Ace Attorney theme:

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What? Don't you think Abigail looks like a complete normal human?
001.png

I really love SF's silly art direction; among my favorite, especially the most exaggerated ones
I think Street Fighter is gonna need to lean more on a Guilty Gear esqe aesthetic. The partially realistic look just doesn't work for these exaggerated characters. I mean they don't fail but not accepting the stylization is hurting them alot

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've not seen anything past next month available for preorder anywhere yet in the states. After all these years collecting mostly Smash characters, I'll be happy to have the vets too.

Unless you realize like me that technically Link, Zelda and Dorf are different incarnations and technically different characters as are a bunch of other ones too and you just try not to think about that.
Australia is really good with amiibo pre-orders. EB has had some of them up for pre-order before they were even revealed.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Honestly, I don't think SFV's art direction works for 90% of the cast. All the characters have weird and abstract porportions but with realistic skin. It looks kinda gross.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I think Street Fighter is gonna need to lean more on a Guilty Gear esqe aesthetic. The partially realistic look just doesn't work for these exaggerated characters. I mean they don't fail but not accepting the stylization is hurting them alot
I'd agree if I had any faith in Capcom making a fighter that looks half as good as modern Guilty Gear.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd agree if I had any faith in Capcom making a fighter that looks half as good as modern Guilty Gear.
I mean I think they can nail stylization down but as of late Capcom has been leaning on a more realistic look to their games. It kind of makes me wonder if we'd get a RE engine like look for SF6

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought the Phoenix Wright collection so it's finally time to meet these characters

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Oh, I'm not talking about graphics at all.. I think SFV's visuals are fine for the most part. characters with a lot of hair like Mika suffers the most,.. the worst part is that modeling for the game is outsourced, so the quality is all over the place.

but within the Street Fighter series in general, I just like the silly looking characters the most, like Rose, Abigail, Zangief, even Alpha Bison would fit in that category

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean I think they can nail stylization down but as of late Capcom has been leaning on a more realistic look to their games. It kind of makes me wonder if we'd get a RE engine like look for SF6
The RE Engine is currently limited to Capcom Dev 1. As of now, Capcom fighting games are made at Dev 2.

Aug 12, 2019
Unpopular opinion: The e3 ultimate theme is better than lifelight.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion lol.

Alice is the RE rep. It would make no one happy.

You know, because I own and love watching these terrible movies with friends (OK, the first is just painfully mediocre, not downright completely terrible), I wouldn't actually be disappointed by this haha.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if it's Alice, I'm okay with it as long as they trwat her reveal like she was the obvious choice
"The Resident Evil series is beloved by theater going audiences everywhere"

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter has looked the best when they embrace anime, like in the Alpha series. Even 3rd Strike with its street punk aesthetic draws heavy inspiration from the late 90s/early 2000s boom of hyper stylised sleek designs that were in vogue post-Evangelion.

Status
Not open for further replies.