• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Must not... give into... the... Dante hype train.

Can't resist... chance for disappointment rising.... Noooooooooooo

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
JXLnyi6.png
Gee Sega. How come Sakurai let's you get two DLC Fighters?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Shouldn't the fact that Capcom announced Devil May Cry info for the same day that has nothing to do with Smash (because they're not going to talk about DMC 3 on that stream) be a point against Dante?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the one real takeaway from that Hosoyamada retweet is that he's at the very least a fan of Smash. Given that an old interview popped up the other month about how a Puyo fighting game was shot down a long time ago by the producers due to aversions of violence, I feel it's probably the best counterargument against the idea that they wouldn't want Arle in Smash. If Nintendo ever asks for it, there's a good chance they'd be okay with it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Smash is Serious Business and our main production is telling you why your favourite can't be in.

Now get in line and focus on the very important *checks notes* 2B.
I know this post was crafted to bait me into a response, but 2B is also deconfirmed by fan rules until Season 2

The patrician choice right now is Kos-Mos

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
just woke up..... why arepeople so convinced it is Dante? I see nothing honestly. The Matt walker thing is about DMC3 switch.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Because of the dlc so far, I couldn't be less excited for this. Just give a female character pls, is that too much to ask?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
just woke up..... why arepeople so convinced it is Dante? I see nothing honestly. The Matt walker thing is about DMC3 switch.
Itsuno was teasing it last year, and Dante would be a likely pick regardless. Even without DMC3 getting more effort than any port Capcom has ever put out people would be eyeing Dante. That's just the icing on top.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
Finally the Castlevania 3 character we've all wanted! TREVORRRR (RALPH) BELMONTTTTTTT

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Knuckles first appeared in Sonic 3, which features Sonic giving a three finger wave on the cover

Except technically Sonic 3 is the 4th main series game, so I guess that would mean the real character being added is Metal Sonic, from the actual third game

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Itsuno was teasing it last year, and Dante would be a likely pick regardless. Even without DMC3 getting more effort than any port Capcom has ever put out people would be eyeing Dante. That's just the icing on top.
I mean did you ever think the Itsuno thing was just teasing the Switch port and nothing else?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Itsuno wasn't teasing anything. Just saying it wouldn't feel right if he didn't port anything.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sabi's going to come out the other end of this going "Told you it wasn't Dante".

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Street Fighter has almost 40 tracks in Ultimate, and Mega Man has a bunch as well.

Could Dante be another Terry and come with a shit ton of music?

Status
Not open for further replies.