• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
So, can someone who's read the leak thread do me a favor and reply to this post, and tell me if the leaked new character is a cool, exciting pick (like Mega Man), or a WTF, this is stupid pick (like the Wii Fit Trainer). Because if it's the former, I want to wait until the Direct and be surprised. But if it's the latter, I want to spoil myself so I can spend the next 8 hours coping with it.

This is, of course, a 100% objective determination. Lol.

Consensus is gonna be the former for sure.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, can someone who's read the leak thread do me a favor and reply to this post, and tell me if the leaked new character is a cool, exciting pick (like Mega Man), or a WTF, this is stupid pick (like the Wii Fit Trainer). Because if it's the former, I want to wait until the Direct and be surprised. But if it's the latter, I want to spoil myself so I can spend the next 8 hours coping with it.

If you thought Mega Man was awesome, you should like this character.

Also, I can't wait to hear some of the remixes that are sure to come with this character.

(Also, Wii Fit Trainer was a great pick.)

Oct 27, 2017
People still give a fuck about Yu Narukami. And P4 came out 10 years ago.
Real talk, Yu Narukami would be awesome for Smash. Summoning Izanagi to help you fight. I can kinda picture it from P4 Arena/BB Tag. it's also the only chance my namesake has to get into Smash, as a part of his Final Smash: All-Out Attack

It's probably all those games he's been in over the last decade
Well played.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I've said for months that I thought of five characters we would see in this game.

A new DK character.
A new Xeno character.
A new Pokémon.
A new Third Party.
A new WTF character.

This leaked character fills out one of those slots. I don't doubt we will see a new DK character.

(I am only doubting a Xeno character. Maybe I should say Xeno or Warioware character to give Ashley her possible due.)
I would like that, but I don't think there are 7 unique newcomers at launch.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With Ryu having true versions of every move, Cloud having limit, and Bayonetta being... Bayonetta, I kinda feel weird for not being able to come up with a gimmick that makes Simon overpowered. He's gonna be as honest a character as we haven't had in a while.
His moves are gonna have hella disjoints. Can trade moves for days

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017

It's closer to Megaman than Wii Fit, so you might as well wait.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I've said for months that I thought of five characters we would see in this game.

A new DK character.
A new Xeno character.
A new Pokémon.
A new Third Party.
A new WTF character.

This leaked character fills out one of those slots. I don't doubt we will see a new DK character.

(I am only doubting a Xeno character. Maybe I should say Xeno or Warioware character to give Ashley her possible due.)
What if the new WTF character is Chibi Robo because everyone finally gave up on that dream?

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk, Yu Narukami would be awesome for Smash. Summoning Izanagi to help you fight. I can kinda picture it from P4 Arena/BB Tag. it's also the only chance my namesake has to get into Smash, as a part of his Final Smash: All-Out Attack

Well played.
Honestly if we are going to get a Persona character I'd rather have Joker because he has alot going for him in terms of design and theming. Not that I hate Yu but schoolboy with a long sword just pales a little bit in comparison.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
No? What leak are you talking about
really ? shoot me up with that if possible
image.jpg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would like that, but I don't think there are 7 unique newcomers at launch.

I'm just a guy on the internet with no insider information.

I just broke it down as thus.

2 characters announced with the game's launch. (YMMV on this one with Inkling. And Daisy is an echo. That leaves Ridley making his debut and being shown off.)

2-3 characters between E3 and the game's launch.

1-2 unannounced characters who were left as surprises for players.

7 newcomers in the base roster would be the least amount of new fighters we ever had in a Smash game. I don't think this is some crazy high number or anything like that.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder whether Dracula's Castle is gonna show any monsters and, by extension, any blood. They might stick to skeletons and bats if that's a problem, I imagine.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if we are going to get a Persona character I'd rather have Joker because he has alot going for him in terms of design and theming. Not that I hate Yu but schoolboy with a long sword just pales a little bit in comparison.

I could understand where your coming from with that. For me, Persona 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Whereas Persona 5 was a disappointing follow up that i wouldn't even rank in my top 30 rpg's. But I could get why people might feel otherwise.

Hey, if a new Bowser's Castle is this one, my hype would be through the roof:
smo494.png

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
It's just weird it came right before the leak and got the song right. It sounda sort of underwhelming enough to be real.

Dude, Bloody Tears is Simon's theme song, and it didn't even mention Monster Dance. It's like thinking a leak to be accurate because it predicted the Pac-Man theme would be in there with him.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
bloody tears is literally the most iconic Castlevania theme, if Simon was in it'd be a given, everyone knew that
I hope so because I want there to be at least one other character, echo or not and for there to be some single player besides the smash 4 stuff. Unlocking through classic and orders sounds like a drag.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Right then. Time to fold for the night. Hopefully something special happens tomorrow worth talking about.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, thanks for not -spoil-spoiling me y'all. It sounds like the new character is cool so I will wait to see it for myself in the Direct :)

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we'd get any ATLUS character, not even Jack Frost but if I had a choice I'd go with Joker.

I like Yu but Joker is just vastly more visually appealing.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Medusa heads are in, I'm never ever gonna play that stage with hazards on.

Also, bleh with this Persona stuff. SMT is the Nintendo one.

drclaw411

Mar 22, 2018
They might not even be able to troll K. Roll after tomorrow.

Another leaker laughed about the idea of K. Rool being in Smash, lupensko is his name on twitter.

I don't know what that means. Dixie at least needs to make it in.

https://pre00.deviantart.net/4c44/t...on_popularity_rankings_by_hewdraw-dc3vkbs.png

He still can be wrong. loz18 is doubting him and he got more stuff right than verge.

Nintendo accidentally leaked Belmont. That means the leaks are true, which also means K Rool is deconfirmed.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parents will love this last one!
You know it would one of these

Nintendo accidentally leaked Belmont. That means the leaks are true, which also means K Rool is deconfirmed.
No. Vergeben already said the K Rool stuff was just something he read in the internet, not an actual leak.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There were confirmed leaks for Smash 4, and none of them predicted all of the characters, like Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. or Dark Pit until the finished game reached the ESRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.