• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I have a question about WoL - I want to just get to the end at this point but I know I'm about half way...

I'm in the Dark Realm and got inside the Mysterious Dimension and this just feels endless. I already have all the characters unlocked so I don't want to waste time with them but just want to advance to the end. Where do I need to go to face Dharkon? I can't find ANY guides or videos online that talk about beating the game quickly - they are almost all 100% guides or overviews on how to get good spirits or unlock characters.

He's not in the Mysterious Dimension. Once you beat all three locations within the Dark Realm, Dharkon should appear in the center where the World of Light entrance is.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good breakdown anywhere of differences between echo fighters and their counterparts?
All the new Echoes have very different idle animations and so on as a baseline. From most to least different:
Ken: So you know how Ryu has like a million moves? Some of those are different, other stuff is I think (??) the same. I don't know how they differ in terms of damage or knockback, but ssbwiki (which is still in the progress of updating everything so some might be out of date or not up to date) has a good list https://www.ssbwiki.com/Ken_(SSBU) By far the most different of the echoes, he's fancy
Chrom: has Roy's average power between his sweet spot & sour spot through entire blade, up special, wind-ish effects in place of fire.
Dark Samus: Fire hitboxes are now Electric, which have more hitstun and can link better. I remember before the day 1 patch that her up smash actually hits properly while Samus' were broken which is hilarious. Her rolls are a few frames different.
Daisy: Nothing that isn't just aesthetic so far as I know. Smash wiki claims her dash & up titl have wider range but I believe I saw on smashboards theyre the same so...Oh, her final smash artwork has like 6 different art that can show up while Peach only shows one.
Richter: His holy water lacks a fire hit box which matters in so few scenarios it will almost never come up. Probably a glitch, honestly. But it's there!

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Pauline's Spirit is absolute cancer. Like the fuck am I supposed to do when she's not only constantly running away but these two other assholes keep chasing me, picking up stopwatches and just generally being massive asshats.

The stupid ass stage doesn't help either.
Can you not with the cancer shit to describe a slightly difficult battle in a video game? Ffs

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFS nothing like losing out on unlocking 3 characters in a row because the default Joy Cons that come with the console are fucking absolute shit with insane input lag and terrible connections.

Would be nice if people actually held Nintendo accountable for that shit but I guess garbage hardware is just accepted from that at this point. Probably not even gonna bother playing until my wired GC-style controller gets in next week

Fucking missed out on Ridley and Lucario because of this horseshit

And can we talk about how the unlock system actively discourages you from experimenting with other characters besides your main(s) in the Smash mode? Really poorly thought out.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All the new Echoes have very different idle animations and so on as a baseline. From most to least different:
Ken: So you know how Ryu has like a million moves? Some of those are different, other stuff is I think (??) the same. I don't know how they differ in terms of damage or knockback, but ssbwiki (which is still in the progress of updating everything so some might be out of date or not up to date) has a good list https://www.ssbwiki.com/Ken_(SSBU) By far the most different of the echoes, he's fancy
Chrom: has Roy's average power between his sweet spot & sour spot through entire blade, up special, wind-ish effects in place of fire.
Dark Samus: Fire hitboxes are now Electric, which have more hitstun and can link better. I remember before the day 1 patch that her up smash actually hits properly while Samus' were broken which is hilarious. Her rolls are a few frames different.
Daisy: Nothing that isn't just aesthetic so far as I know. Smash wiki claims her dash & up titl have wider range but I believe I saw on smashboards theyre the same so...Oh, her final smash artwork has like 6 different art that can show up while Peach only shows one.
Richter: His holy water lacks a fire hit box which matters in so few scenarios it will almost never come up. Probably a glitch, honestly. But it's there!

I'm pretty sure only Daisy, Dark Samus and Chrom have different idles, and only Daisy and Dark Samus have different entrances and effects - Ken and the rest have the same entrances and idles and such. The thing that's a baseline is taunts and victory animations - and maybe a No Contest animation (except for Richter)

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably been asked before, but does anyone know what the times are for the Spirit event this weekend? The times listed in the game don't have time zones associated, so I'm not sure if there's one they're specifically following.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
If I bought the digital version no need to register the game to receive the piranha plant code right?
I'll just receive it in the email tide to my nintendo account?

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I just beat WoL at 17 hours with the true ending.

That was a really great final sequenece and boss fight but not 17 hours good. Andre was 100% right in his review of the game. WoL keeps going when you think it should stop. I think when you keep fighting both hands multiple times that should be a sign of filler.

The zelda or castlevania themed maps were the best part of that whole adventure sadly.

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
He's not in the Mysterious Dimension. Once you beat all three locations within the Dark Realm, Dharkon should appear in the center where the World of Light entrance is.
Thanks! So,
Where can I find the three areas so I can start working towards them? Is there a name for them, like the 3 barriers from the light side?

I'll eventually 100% the game, but for now I want to push through to the end for the story and unlocks without anymore dilly-dallying.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to listen to custom playlists while fighting? Or permenantly chsnge menu music?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hot Take: ENG Lost in Thoughts All Alone > JP Lost in Thoughts All Alone

It's totally not because of English Azura being a Broadway actress who can do both the singing & acting dialogue on top of my bias towards musical theatre due to my own acting background.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Finally cleared WoL after 26 hours (for 100% battle completion). Still need to clear up some of the challenges, though I'm not sure how I don't have the one for getting all Adventure skills, unless it means all the different types of Spirit skills and not the abilities that let you traverse the WoL.

Anyway, now time to start working on finishing every characters Classic mode.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

It's totally not because of English Azura being a Broadway actress who can do both the singing & acting dialogue on top of my bias towards musical theatre due to my own acting background.
Nah. I agree, but then again. I can't understand Japanese so it's always going to be inferior to me lol.

But I remember when Fates released. The English version received a good reception compared to other English vs Japan songs in other video game titles.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Finally cleared WoL after 26 hours (for 100% battle completion). Still need to clear up some of the challenges, though I'm not sure how I don't have the one for getting all Adventure skills, unless it means all the different types of Spirit skills and not the abilities that let you traverse the WoL.
The Adventure skills challenge refers to purchasing everything on the Skill Tree. It seems like most people have to go into the New Game + to achieve that.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I agree with this hot take.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nah. I agree, but then again. I can't understand Japanese so it's always going to be inferior to me lol.

But I remember when Fates released. The English version received a good reception compared to other English vs Japan songs in other video game titles.
It's one of the few times Nintendo went above-&-beyond in casting a character. Broadway is filled with great actors with singing talent (I'm totally not biased.....not at all), so it was an inspired choice on NoA's part to get Rena Strober for the role (thus avoiding the need for separate singing & acting VAs like in Japanese).

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Thanks! So,
Where can I find the three areas so I can start working towards them? Is there a name for them, like the 3 barriers from the light side?

I'll eventually 100% the game, but for now I want to push through to the end for the story and unlocks without anymore dilly-dallying.

I assume you've already completed the Mysterious Dimension, which is one of the three, so you still have Sacred Land and Dracula's Castle to complete. Both are, respectively, to the left and right of the central hub. It's worth noting the pre-Dracula's Castle area requires you to navigate the obscuring cloudy maze, so don't get lost like I did.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The Adventure skills challenge refers to purchasing everything on the Skill Tree. It seems like most people have to go into the New Game + to achieve that.

I wonder how many skills people had left on average?

I just had 5 missing, for around.... 400 skill orbs. Still didn't really feel like grinding out any more WoL and used a hammer on it, though.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Haha, some of these sub areas in WoL are fantastic and in terms of references purely ingenious!

Talking about the Street Fighter franchise - couldn't stop smiling throughout

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. How many bets did this dude lose?

Only five out of like 38 so It's just a small price to pay for a good margin of wins ;P

(edited: since I had to count form my head)

I remember five losses; they were

1. No Fire Emblem newcomer
2. King K Rool (I was sooo pessimistic about his chance since I didn't really think he had chance getting in during early speculation)
3. all three from 103 stages

Last edited:
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
That's a nice avatar you got there IntelliHeath

KqDfGrf.gif

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I wonder how many skills people had left on average?

I just had 5 missing, for around.... 400 skill orbs. Still didn't really feel like grinding out any more WoL and used a hammer on it, though.
I had around the same amount missing. I'm going to slowly make my way through New Game + until I get enough orbs for everything. That challenge is one of the two non-Online challenges that I am missing right now (the other being the "beat 10 Legendary Spirits on the Spirit Board" one that I just haven't gotten around to beating yet).

Oct 25, 2017
The new spirit board event is a great way to grind gold IMO. Wait for Jeff to appear and beat him -- you have infinite retries, dont have to waste a rematch item. Put on super armor or something and spam smashes. Got 1600 gold from one match.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, some of these sub areas in WoL are fantastic and in terms of references purely ingenious!

Talking about the Street Fighter franchise - couldn't stop smiling throughout

Ya that was good fun.
That Ganon/Bison fight at the end gave me quite the fight too. Took me 4 or 5 tries to take him down. Moved so fast and aggressive and hit hard.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
After getting elite smash with Lucas wanted tocmain someone else. Decided to settle on Jigglypuff and this is so much fun.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
The existence of an elite online mode really gives me anxiety...I'm so concerned for my points, because of the possibility of entering elite mode.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of a quick way to trigger unlocks? My game no longer gives me a Challenger after one match and neither does playing 10 minute matches
mine stopped when i had like 6 or 7 characters left. i just played more classic mode and it would typically unlock one

idk if anyone fully knows how the character unlocks work, but i wouldn't be surprised if it takes into account number of inputs or something, and that number jumps a bit towards the end.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter just FaceTimed me. Her boyfriend bought Smash Bros for all of us to play tonight.

Do the Joycons work well? I have one Pro controller and the two Joycons, so three of us can play at a time.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Well, after just over 30 hours, I'm about done. I'll keep chipping away at various things but I've done most of what I want to do.

I finished up WoL with a shade under 88% completion after around 16 hours. It was good fun. It went on a bit too long for me, but I appreciate a meaty SP option in my fighters so I can't grumble. The fan service on show throughout was wonderful.

I've done the classic arcade mode with around a dozen or so characters and I'll keep hopping on to do a few more here and there.

Online is very hit or miss. I think prolonged exposure to its shortcomings would eventually sour me on the game so I'm going to steer clear - not that I bought the game for online competition.

Overall I really enjoyed it. A great addition to the Switch library.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, looks like I've unlocked every music track that doesn't specific unlock method. I only have nine tracks left to unlock, seven of which appear to be Smash series tracks locked behind World of Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.