WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stages by ResetEra <--- Download, Follow, and Yeah! them all!

D4UUSLCX4AIQhbi.jpg:large

The long awaited Stage Builder is finally here, with full blown sharing functionality.

- Included for free in 3.0 update.
- Create stages for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Use handheld mode to create Wii U-style hand drawn stages.
- Create moving platforms via rails
- Hazards are back
- Choose your music
- Backgrounds from existing stages
- Share them online
- Follow stage creators
- Download stages to your Switch (including from your phone)

Last edited:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The moving parts, free drawing, and new elements already make this so good, but sharing?

Bless you Sakurai.

Oct 31, 2017
I was psyched to make my own levels but after seeing the sharing announcement and the fact I can queue up stage downloads while using my phone I'm not gonna have to make a stage another day in my life! (Though I'm gonna have to bring back some of my old creations eventually.)

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Legitimately curious how they'll hold back the oncoming wave of dick stages.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if stages will have codes so they can be shared.

Hope Nintendo doesn't fuck this one lol

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
All the Kirby's Adventure references warm my heart. <3333

I dunno where I'll even begin with all those stage backgrounds. Maybe a Purple Pikmin-themed stage? I wonder if I can make bouncy tummies...

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The Sharing function is AMAZING

People are sure to make some awesome stages given enough time, and I'll get to enjoy them without lifting a finger

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Sakurai must be proud of all his hard work along with his team. This is the best fighting game ever.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I really want to point out the part at 11:45. Look at the Arwing.

The stage builder is flexible enough to create an Arwing that drifts back and forth like it's flying. That's crazy. I never expected the stage builder to be as good as it is considering the previous games.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Hopefully once you download a stage, you can edit it and change the music. It would suck to find a really cool stage but the music isn't a good choice.
Yeah, that too. But it still disappointing if they missed such a simple thing. Multiple songs per stage and adjustable stage size (besides pre-defined "big", "medium", and "small" sizes) were the two things I wanted most for stage builder, and it seems we are getting neither :/

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, that too. But it still disappointing if they missed such a simple thing. Multiple songs per stage and adjustable stage size (besides pre-defined "big", "medium", and "small" sizes) were the two things I wanted most for stage builder, and it seems we are getting neither :/
Yeah, especially since Sakurai made a point of adding in custom playlists and even discussing them in a previous direct. Seemed like such an obvious idea to let you apply a playlist to a stage.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Someone better make a good Venus Lighthouse stage. :(

OP
OP
WillyFive

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can use the skyboxes/backgrounds from the following stages at launch:

- Battlefield
- Flat ocean (Pilotwings skybox?)
- Wrecking Crew
- Kalos Pokemon League
- Colisseum
- Find Mii
- Summit
- Final Destination
- Magicant
- Luigi's Mansion
- Rainbow Road
- Lylat Cruise

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Since my capcom smash project, I will try to adapt some famous capcom stages

My first stop is the Fetus of God, of course

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
my first order of business will be to remake all of the stages I made as a kid in Brawl in HD

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
God I love this game. Awesome update. Can't wait to make some stages. I can see myself sinking hours in this.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I wish you could use pointer controls in handheld mode, touch screen mode is not as accurate as a stylus or a pointer.

Thats too bad, but yours was made around two hours after this one. Maybe we can marge them or something.
We could. You can report my thread and notify a mod, so they can decide whether to merge threads, or close mine. You would also need to add OT to your thread title if that happened.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Where are Nintendo's stages? I want every single one made for the release trailer.

Galaga and Sand Bird WoopWOOP

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made a bunch already, but I hit the daily limit by mass-uploading my shitty mii fighters first, lol

I tried making an elephant with moving trunk (and fitting Dhalsim music), tho it's a bit hard making a stage with some parts that move and not getting the parts in the way of each other. Kinda figured the pieces would blend through one another. After uploading I realized the area with the head/back are also a bit glitchy and some characters can get stuck there when dash-attacking, so I'll probably tinker with it some more sometime.

I did make a Galaga stage (just to use that Galaga remix) and a Sand Bird stage (that slowly rotates as it tends to do)

2019041814255900-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041814263400-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, make sure your stages have proper grabbable ledges in the right places. I can't tell you how many people uploaded stages without ledges at the edges of their stages, or with ledges on pass-through platforms that are above the main stage.

I haven't tested any in this thread yet, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started working on remaking Smashketball before work. Can't wait to get it up and running. Definitely going to grab that Smash 64 Desk and I hope that there's a way to grab the Mario 3 stage from the presentation.