• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Rail-Yarn Run from Yoshi’s Crafted World (yes the train moves)
  • Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
    Banned
    Oct 30, 2017
    X8e8Aoj.jpg

Rail-Yarn Run from Yoshi's Crafted World (yes the train moves)

Gear Facctory
  • Metal B

Banned
    Oct 27, 2017
    Here my first stage, a very basic idea and design:
    Gear Facctory ID#32YGQlY2

There are sadly a few big oversights for the Stage Builder, which i hope, they may will change:
    1. Only fighters can activate switches.
      This doesn't allow for contractions, which trigger different phases.
    2. No startup or return delay variables.
      It would be great, if you could have delay for start up, before something moves backwards and in between, so you may create stages of position
    3. Platforms can't be pass through, when they have the Gear Script.
      Maybe there is some kind of technical problem, but it limits the platform options (you couldn't create a platform like in Brawl's Yoshi's Island).
    4. Platforms have an edge, characters can bounce against.
      With or without the characters be able to use the edge of an platform, characters can still hit the sides and bounce back, when they hit it in a specif angle.
    5. No lifetime variable for respawn objects.
      There should be a variable, which dictates the maximal time, an gravity object is active and has to respawn. Right now, they only repawn, if they leave the boundaries. This way they may never respawn, if they get stuck on the stage.
    Next my wishlist, which may be unrealistic:
    • All Backgrounds from all stages
    • Be able to place Spawnpoints
    • Drop-Blocks from Brawl
    • Spikes from Brawl or Spike Texture
    • Resizeable Objects (for example smaller Bomb-Blocks)
    • Objects between layers can be connected, erasing the gaps between them.
    • Breakable Objects, which take a specif number of damage before breaking.
    • Placable ground effects from the Story-Modus (Electricity, Sleep, Glue, etc.)
    • More Textures with more effects.
    • Stickers (for example Spirit Images or just decorations) to place on the objects.

Castlevania(NES)
  • SkyRocket

Oct 29, 2017
    I made a stage based on the intro castle gate from Castlevania(NES). Not sure if it's the most exciting stage concept, but I quite like having another Castlevania stage at least. There's some terrible looking bats that fly around too!

D4eIiI8UUAALDo_.jpg:large
    ID: 7XX2MXRR

Puyo Puyo Battle
  • Jave

Oct 30, 2017
    Chile
    As one of the people who support Puyo Puyo in Smash, here's my first attempt at a stage. Drawing with your finger is harder than I thought.

Puyo Puyo Battle

Enies Lobby
  • WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
    I don't have my Switch linked up to Twitter but I tried to create Enies Lobby from One Piece. Don't get your hopes up because I'm pretty terrible at these touch controls but I needed to start somewhere again.

ID: D03JS62F

Deceptively simple
  • MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
    Oct 25, 2017
    I live in a giant bucket.
    Finally figured it out. Boy, is this game's online infrastructure a mess.

Anyway, I didn't have time to make anything super complicated, so I made mine deceptively simple (and possibly too annoying for its own good.) Basically, the switches that rotate the platforms naturally get flipped in the chaos of battle, so you'll navigating ever-revolving blocks as you launch your foes.

As noted in the tweet, I may produce further iterations that improve on the concept. Seeing as how the logos obscure the relevant platforms, I think it lacks visual impact that draws in the player, so that'd be my next step.

Mother 3 stage
  • SkyRocket

Oct 29, 2017
    Made a second level today from my absolute favorite game of all time, since there's only one Mother 3 stage in smash.

The pigmask ship & thunder gun both move up and down slowly, and there's also a very small amount of wind(like 1% strength) throughout the whole level, since they're so high up!

WoopWOOP collection
  • woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
    Banned
    Oct 26, 2017
    Went through all the newly posted stages here. I really like the dynamic fore/background going on in some of these - like the animated Chaos or the ocean in the Zelda stage. Even the simple, cute little bats in the CV stage work really well! I should mess around that some more myself, my stages are still relatively static.

Same with the switches / gravity blocks, you can make some pretty fun contraptions with that. Dary's "tournament legal" stages still had 0 likes when I checked 'm, but I was laughing out loud. Be sure to try those out!

Here's what I uploadded recently. I've been spending most of my time in the stage creator, lol. Images in spoiler:

PHVRGKDP : It's a big clock! The two big arrows are static tho, don't worry. This is a WiiU stage I remade, but since there are multiple layers now I made it less messy and put the numbers on the background layers. Instead a platform will spin around the edges of the clock alongside the tiny arrow.

MXQRC1CW : A giant truck. Since I can't move the ground floor fast enough to replicate a moving truck, instead there's heavy winds on the ground floor blowing you off stage/below the flaming wheels of the truck. You can also enter the cargo area and open/close the door.

M55R4DQF : "That time I discovered switches". I wanted to make something involving booby traps, which ended up in this clusterfuck of a lava zone. You can ride the center block and crush other players with it.

KL1X671R : Tried remaking the Moon Zone from Mario Land 2. With the way the moon is shaped none of its edges are grabbable, so once you get launched out of the inner zone you're pretty much screwed, lol.

D32YQ3KR : It's a floppy. Super simple "small" stage, it's basically like a pit with platforms.

PHVTDT1H : It's a clapperboard. The white sections in the upperboard can be jumped through.
    2019041911143000-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041911143700-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041911144700-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041911145300-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041911145900-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041911150400-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

NSMB stage
  • balhop

One Winged Slayer
    Avenger
    Oct 29, 2017
    Near Reading, PA
    Finally found my stage ID: QYJMPM1H

It's based on my memory of a New Super Mario Bros stage; I tried to make the rolling hill bigger but couldn't stretch anything past the boundaries, so I made due.

Forsaken City Celeste
  • Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
    Banned
    Oct 26, 2017
    Most of the stages I've seen so far look good in preview but when you enter battle it just looks off in many ways. With my first stage I decided to keep it simple and focus on making it look alright in battle and having it stay as faithful to the source material as possible.

That said, here is the first screen from Forsaken City from Celeste, as faithfully recreated as I could!

D4hbmIRUIAMA_LF

Original picture:

180124_CI_C1_S1.png

Enjoy! I recommend Stamina if you decide to try it out, heh.

Persona 4
  • Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
    Verified
    Oct 27, 2017
    I made a nice simple Persona 4 stage with some rotating fore and background elements:

D4hvqHBVUAE1X5K.jpg:large

Also good lordy is it counter intuitive getting to your own content

Brawl sample stages
  • Tye

Oct 27, 2017
    Spent the last couple days meticulously recreating the three sample stages from Brawl—Sample S: Hole, Sample M: Bath, and Sample L: Maze!

Sample S: Hole — BL8PKS0T

Sample M: Bath — KNCL75VT

Sample L: Maze — LFXQH5DY

I know plenty of other people have already attempted to remake them in Ultimate, too, but I wanted recreations that were as accurate as possible. So far, pretty much all the recreated stages I've seen shared in Ultimate (not just these sample stages but other past stages as well like Meta Crystal, etc.) have been...not that great in terms of replicating accurate functionality, scale, and all that. So I wanted to avoid that as much as possible with my remade sample stages!

I've spent hours making sure each stage is as accurate as possible to the originals from Brawl—each stage is as close as possible to their scale and position in Brawl; every single ledge that should (and shouldn't) be grabbable is (and isn't) grabbale; every moving platform is the right size and travels the correct distance, and I've even made sure their speed and positioning is matched to the originals in Brawl as much as possible and relative to any other moving platforms. Absolutely everything about these stages, functionality-wise, is as accurate as possible within the limitations of Ultimate's Stage Builder! However, since Ultimate's Stage Builder doesn't have all the same elements as Brawl's, there were some areas that I had issues with, namely the drop blocks from Brawl that don't exist in Ultimate. For these I recreated their functionality as closely as I could, but instead of dropping when they're stood on, they drop when attacked.

And if you're wondering why I made the terrain in big chunks instead of using individual blocks of terrain like Brawl's Stage Builder, it's because I've noticed that Ultimate's Stage Builder can be pretty weird with blocks of terrain like that, making it possible to pass right through the stage where two pieces of terrain touch. The way I did it ensures the least amount of weirdness and more accurately replicates the stages functionality-wise. Also, using lots of individual blocks counts more towards a stage's total weight, so all of the stages would have likely been restricted to just 4 players had I done that. Unfortunately, I couldn't make Sample L: Maze without reaching the weight limit for 8 players, so that one has to be restricted to 4 players, sadly.

Let me know if you happen to find any issues with any of my stages here! I'm pretty certain I've been as thorough as I possibly could be with these, but if there is anything discovered that can be better, I'd definitely like to know so I can make the necessary changes!

Last edited:
    Dary stages
  • Dary

Oct 27, 2017
    The English Wilderness
    Tonight's efforts:
    BMS1H573: a Biblical tale modernised for the Smash generation.
    KPVX4K33: a postmodernist stage inspired by the works of Tommy Wiseau.
    R6TT9TGK: classic Data East arcade game Burger Time comes to Smash! How many burgers can you make???

ERAsaur collection
  • ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
    Even though this thing is super limited (and a pain to use in handheld mode) I'm enjoying it so far, it's way better than previous games where you could either make a competitive stage with no resemblance to anything or a mess of a stage that kinda looked like something but had gameplay issues. Anyways, made 5 maps from some locations that I could think of (and only two of them had already been done when I uploaded them!):

[Metroid Fusion] Sector 1 (SRX) PSF5LY5R
    Zihzy8q.jpg

[Kirby's Dreamland 2] Castle DeDeDe LN54WB6Y
    J8Q8wrf.jpg

[Starfox 2] Astropolis LKVHXFDP
    bGKdjcR.jpg

[Pokemon Red/Blue] Cerulean Cave 4XN21MN5
    BcvDQV7.jpg

[Earthbound Beginnings] Mt. Itoi Summit FXR97HKH
    qCVrYLq.jpg

I'd love to see further updates to the Stage Builder in the future with some better color options and a way to turn the rail invisible, also maybe a way to place spawnpoints on the maps or at least fix the current ones which spawn the players waaaaay too close together usually.

Edit 4/20/19: Updated the rail maps so the rails were invisible/slight upgrades.

Last edited:
    Blanka's stage from Street Fighter 2
  • NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
    Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited:
    Castlevania 3 and Void Quest P4
  • SkyRocket

Oct 29, 2017
    Two more stages I ended up making today..
    First one is the Castlevania III: Stage 1 Intro Screen remade into a smash stage, just thought it would be a cool stage idea, nothing too crazy but it's nice to have another Castlevania stage!

Castlevania III - ID: 9TCW6GVY

D4iZ1CoVUAAOHYG.jpg:large

Second stage I made is a Persona 4 stage, as I've had this idea sitting around for 11 years ever since Persona 4 came out. The Void Quest dungeon, and it uses that really great new "I'll Face Myself" remix!

Void Quest P4 - ID: 1D4YY46P

3mGFz8B.jpg

LuigiBlood collection
  • LuigiBlood

Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    away from Era
    I made a few stages:

Tetris X-treme (ID: CXHDQGCH)

A crazy stage with falling (and actually a slight element of randomness) lava Tetriminoes.

Smashket X-treme:

As the tweet says, it's probably too extreme. It has a ice lava block that packs a lot.

25m:

Constant barrels and works up to 8 players.

Warioware Inc. HQ building
  • NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
    Oct 28, 2017
    Warioware Inc. HQ building

This was actually the first stage I had uploaded, but I don't think I posted a link before.

The Rocket launches and then another one goes to its place, before being launched too. (
    Well, technically it just makes a loop off-screen, but that's the intention
    ).

Last edited:
    Iggy's boss room from Super Mario World
  • Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
    79ImE1t.jpg

73FM7K3D

It's Iggy's boss room from Super Mario World! I'm pretty proud of this one, though I got the idea to do it from someone else's version of the same thing.
    It ALL moves, so I gotta say pictures don't do it justice. i really like how the details on the Island itself turned out! the marble's edges give it a shadowed effect which was unintentional, but actually looks really cool.

Had to crop out the code because I made an updated version with grabbable ledges and is lower so players aren't so close to the upper kill zone, and i didn't share that version.

Mario Kart 64's Skyscraper.
  • NoName999

One Winged Slayer
    Banned
    Oct 29, 2017
    Created a new stage based on Mario Kart 64's Skyscraper.

ID: C3KK2KN6

Tip : Don't let the foreground fool you. If you fall into the middle gaps you can wall jump out of them.

PAC-MAN
  • Tye

Oct 27, 2017
    PAC-MAN [ID: R26XTP62]

I made a PAC-MAN stage with moving ghosts! Not only that, but each of the ghosts have their own unique trait; Blinky will burn you, Pinky will knock you back, Inky can give you a lift, and Clyde might just launch you off the bottom of the stage if he catches you, so watch out! I could have just made them all lava like Blinky, but I thought that'd be boring, plus this way they all get to be their original colors.

The stage is a perfect recreation of the original PAC-MAN arcade layout, minus the very top and bottom borders that couldn't fit (but it works out since that leaves a way to get KO'd at the top and bottom of the stage). And, of course, there are warps on either side in the middle! There are also no grabbable ledges at all in this stage, so be careful! You might notice a moving platform followed by PAC-MAN circling the stage, which is there to provide a place for items to spawn; apparently the inside of the maze is too narrow for items to spawn, so I had to put something outside the maze or else items just wouldn't appear.

I spent days making this stage, testing it thoroughly and making tweaks as necessary (the ghosts in particular gave me a ton of trouble because they kept running into each other and causing issues, but after a lot of trial and error I finally managed to make them play nice with each other), so I'd greatly appreciate any and all feedback! Let me know what you think! I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you can have some pretty long and intense matches on this stage, lol. It's especially fun with Tag Team Squad Strike!

Last edited:
    More awesome WoopWOOPs
  • woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
    Banned
    Oct 26, 2017
    Crap, I already reached the 100 stage limit by downloading/creating too many!
    Guess I'm gonna have to rotate a bunch now. I had the same problem on the WiiU. It'd be nice if I could just backup the files somewhere, somehow since I figure the uploads won't last forever (they were gone within 30 days on the WiiU).

Anyway, first off, here's a few replays of games played on stages that were shared here. Definitely not a showcase of skill, but I thought it'd be fun for other people to see how other players fight on the stages they made, as well to see how the stage functions in different situations (apparently items can get the flaming barrels in the 25m custom stage to pile up, lol)

The ones in this video were made by Dary, WillyFive, SkyRocket, NeonZ and LuigiBlood.

I also made a few more myself:

RM3RV8QG: A simple palace looking arena. With a ceiling because I love that shit. The edges on the side look a little awkward, but heavy winds at the bottom should push players to align with the grab-edge of the roofs so you don't end up knocking your head and falling down.

0450BL7S: A wide (walled) arena that slowly transforms into a vertical stage within a minute and stays that way. I just wanted to make something that transforms. I don't like the awkward gap at the start, but as of now moving pieces can't touch each other at the start, so this'll have to do.

9L74XD4V: Fighting in traffic...! Or atleast simple shapes vaguely resembling cars with the limit the editor has. Max speed isn't all that fast either. They're moving tho and by looping around the stage it creates a steady flow of cars.

0YD3HYXG: This is basically just the POPCORN! level layout from Bubble Bobble turned into a Smash stage. Added a crummy background stove and popcorn for good measure.

2019042317400300-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501013300-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501002200-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019042317401100-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501030800-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501050600-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019042317402200-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501075100-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501081800-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019042317402800-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501102600-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg
    2019042501110700-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

Galaga and Sand Bird WoopWOOP
  • woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
    Banned
    Oct 26, 2017
    I made a bunch already, but I hit the daily limit by mass-uploading my shitty mii fighters first, lol

I tried making an elephant with moving trunk (and fitting Dhalsim music), tho it's a bit hard making a stage with some parts that move and not getting the parts in the way of each other. Kinda figured the pieces would blend through one another. After uploading I realized the area with the head/back are also a bit glitchy and some characters can get stuck there when dash-attacking, so I'll probably tinker with it some more sometime.

I did make a Galaga stage (just to use that Galaga remix) and a Sand Bird stage (that slowly rotates as it tends to do)

2019041814255900-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg

2019041814263400-0-E7-DF678130-F4-F0-FA2-C88-AE72-B47-AFDF.jpg