• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Weird ep, was weak at times but finished strong. Just hope the mind wipe lasts more than one ep, preview giving the vibe that by the end of the ep the status quo will be restored.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they recorded Alex(highly unlikely) before the memory wipe because I can already picture the fractured relationship drama once she finds out Kara is Supergirl again.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Did they just stick horns on the dominators and call them a new alien? Looks like. So far this episode does not have me entertained, especially after the first half of this season.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
J'onn finally gets to shine

Right when he open his private investigation. I have a feeling Supergirl will work with him.

I hope they more small scale.

It's a good episode. Enjoyed it

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a solid episode that ended strong

Supergirl First Look: Meet Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor — What's His Plan for Lena?
https://tvline.com/2019/01/23/supergirl-lex-luthor-jon-cryer-first-photo/
dWaM65Tl.jpg

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is a very nice flattering costume. She is giving Kara a run for her money.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

#4.11 - Blood Memory
KATE BURTON GUEST STARS; NIA AND KARA VISIT NIA'S HOMETOWN — Kara (Melissa Benoist) joins Nia (Nicole Maines) on a trip to Nia's hometown to visit her family during the town's annual Harvest Festival. While home, Nia's mother (guest star Kate Burton) encourages her daughter to embrace her destiny. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) deals with a street drug that is turning people violent and giving them temporary superpowers. Shannon Kohli directed the episode written by Jessica Queller & Dana Horgan (#411).

CDO459bg.jpg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
5 seconds in.. that makes no sense. The Defibrillator is strong enough to push energy all over the planet?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
That was random.

"Oh, no it bit you". Great line & reaction. Ugh.

edit:
Jimmy wants superpowers so much. Can't wait for his even more obvious heel turn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
James is too pure to turn evil

Solid episode outside of the ragers, and I'm glad they didn't resolve the memory stuff. Will be interesting to see where they go with it.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
James is too pure to turn evil

Solid episode outside of the ragers, and I'm glad they didn't resolve the memory stuff. Will be interesting to see where they go with it.
Alexa is probably going to end up siding with bootleg Waller and hunting down Supergirl.

But yeah, Jimmy is too goodie goodie. They'll end up with him flirting with danger, probably just about to go through with it (after a lot of buildup) but someone will walk him back.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Russian Supergirl being dead and harvested for parts would be an interesting twist. I was starting to get shades of season 2 with "Cunning and thematically interesting villain being ditched halfway through the season in favor of a physically threatening but ultimately boring alien."

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Supergirl is executing the arcs format far better than Flash lol

That would be interesting!
That's cause all these arcs are actually interesting.
-Mind wipe: Great.
-Alex/Kara post wipe relationship struggle: Great.
-Lena's experiments: Great.
-Jimmy cover up: Great.
-Clone Supergirl: Great.

The only thing I'm iffy about is whats-her-face's origin story, but that's whatever.

Plus Liberty's back in the spotlight next episode? Gimmie.

Flash has.. the Nora/Thawne stuff and everything else is terrible.

Russian Supergirl being dead and harvested for parts would be an interesting twist. I was starting to get shades of season 2 with "Cunning and thematically interesting villain being ditched halfway through the season in favor of a physically threatening but ultimately boring alien."
Yeah, he's obviously calling Lena. I'm just wondering if she's dead and they go your route or Lena saves her, or attempts to, and uses said knowledge to advance the Elite.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AV Club - B+

TV's first trans superhero gets her origin story as a standout Supergirl puts Nia Nal front and center
https://tv.avclub.com/tv-s-first-trans-superhero-gets-her-origin-story-as-a-s-1832104038

That's cause all these arcs are actually interesting.
-Mind wipe: Great.
-Alex/Kara post wipe relationship struggle: Great.
-Lena's experiments: Great.
-Jimmy cover up: Great.
-Clone Supergirl: Great.

The only thing I'm iffy about is whats-her-face's origin story, but that's whatever.

Plus Liberty's back in the spotlight next episode? Gimmie.

Flash has.. the Nora/Thawne stuff and everything else is terrible.

And Manchester waiting his turn :)

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Skipping the next two weeks.

I figured they wouldn't air an episode on Super Bowl Sunday, not sure why they're skipping the following week, though.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Finally a reveal with someone that makes sense. I have been getting sick of these masked heroes just showing off who they are because the person hurt their thumb. This actually helped the person, made sense, helped with the plot and feelings of both people.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Finally a reveal with someone that makes sense. I have been getting sick of these masked heroes just showing off who they are because the person hurt their thumb. This actually helped the person, made sense, helped with the plot and feelings of both people.
Bingo. The first reveal in years that felt earned and worthwhile.

I really liked this episode. The Alex stuff is very interesting. Even if they find a way to return it to normal some day, this can at least give us some good moments.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they stretch out Alex and Supergirl relationship arc to slowly knowing who she is.

Kara doing Arnold voice. Cute

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I really enjoyed that episode. It was a little slow in parts, but it was really good overall. I wish they would move the Red Daughter/Black Kryptonite Supergirl plot along a little bit faster, but it was nice to slow down and tell this story. I was also glad to see they didn't immediately fix the situation with Alex. Revealing that not knowing Kara was Supergirl makes her a little more like that alternate version from the crossover was really interesting, too. I wonder where all of that is going to go. (As a small side note, just like The Good Place, I don't know why they didn't have her make a video or whatever to herself. If shit got bad enough, they could show her a video saying something like "We agreed to have J'onn erase part of my memory. It's okay. etc etc.")

Also, I was quite relieved and a little surprised to see my question from before wasn't either of the things I was worried it was. From earlier in the thread:
Hey, quick question. I know the actress playing Nia is transgender, but didn't Nia explicitly tell James that she was earlier this season? And if that's the case, then why did she tell Kara she has a genetic condition that only affects females of her race? Surely there's no way retconned her character being transgender, so I'm guessing that was an oversight?
So yeah! They were going somewhere with that. Nice!

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed that episode. It was a little slow in parts, but it was really good overall. I wish they would move the Red Daughter/Black Kryptonite Supergirl plot along a little bit faster, but it was nice to slow down and tell this story. I was also glad to see they didn't immediately fix the situation with Alex. Revealing that not knowing Kara was Supergirl makes her a little more like that alternate version from the crossover was really interesting, too. I wonder where all of that is going to go. (As a small side note, just like The Good Place, I don't know why they didn't have her make a video or whatever to herself. If shit got bad enough, they could show her a video saying something like "We agreed to have J'onn erase part of my memory. It's okay. etc etc.")

Also, I was quite relieved and a little surprised to see my question from before wasn't either of the things I was worried it was. From earlier in the thread:

So yeah! They were going somewhere with that. Nice!
Don't remember if they stated it outright, but there's no chance they erased her memory. If anything, J'onn just blocked it with some psychic barrier stuff. Obvious reason being that she knows part of her is missing and she's not all there mentally. It's like if someone removed something from your desk. You know something's missing, but you can't put a finger on it. Were your memory of even getting the item erased, you'd never think something was supposed to be there to begin with.

That being the case, there's no need for the tape since she'd remember consenting once J'onn restores it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.