• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Might just be Kunio-kun dodgeball since ASW published River City Girls. I'm more interested in which fighting games are coming. P5 Arena? Guilty Gear?

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Would the world end with you all if someone were to directly leak something in this thread? It can wait until next year if that's the case, and it's not like it only would be relevant to just this console eventually anyway.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would the world end with you all if someone were to directly leak something in this thread? It can wait until next year if that's the case, and it's not like it only would be relevant to just this console eventually anyway.

oh god you're the guy who leaked cloud for smash 4

please be teasing what i think you're teasing

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The World Ends With You sequel going to be announced in an upcoming direct??

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TWEWY2 on everything? sure, but audience-wise, can't see it doing too well on the PS4. it's a niche as hell game

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we have to wait until the most likely January direct for TWEWY2 announcement. That means no mini direct. TWEWY 2 wouldn't be announced in a Mini Dorect

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they will release TWEWY on other consoles too otherwise TWEWY2 being a multiplatform release wouldn't make much sense.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I guess they will release TWEWY on other consoles too otherwise TWEWY2 being a multiplatform release wouldn't make much sense.
TWEWY depends on either touch or (bad) gyro controls, it wouldn't work with a traditional gamepad control scheme. Presumably TWEWY 2 is multiplat because it works with a regular control scheme.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
TWEWY depends on either touch or (bad) gyro controls, it wouldn't work with a traditional gamepad control scheme. Presumably TWEWY 2 is multiplat because it works with a regular control scheme.

You are right then they might include a "Story so far" section so people can catch up. Unless this is not a sequel but something entirely new in the same universe?! 🤔

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Man it feels good to get a new Nintendo rumor. Place has been a wasteland forever it feels like.

DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Nomura would be one busy bee between FF7 Remake, KH3 ReMind, and TWEWY 2
You're assuming it would have similar controls..... I actually hope it doesn't because playing the game feels awkward on Switch.
I'm assuming that the gameplay has been completely reworked to work with a Pro Controller, Dualshock 4, and Xbox controller.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mind spoilers for an unrelated game? lol
if I knew of the game, I wouldn't have been so lost. KH3?
You don't think niche games sell well on PS4? What?
they do, but TWEWY was a series born form the quirks of the hardware. obviously, those quirks are probably gonna be stripped out and will have to rely on its own substance to perform. however, that same substance didn't help it all that much on the DS. hence why I say they could push it with Persona similarities and whatnot

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if I knew of the game, I wouldn't have been so lost. KH3?

KH3 yeah.
in the secret ending of the game, after you beat everything, sora wakes up in the Shibuya square of TWEWY and you see the distinctive 104 tower from that game in the middle, before the cutscene ends. So ultimately whatever is next for KH will be tied with TWEWY.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
TWEWY doesn't need a sequel, but I'll absolutely take one. Just make sure the fashion is up to date.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KH3 yeah.
in the secret ending of the game, after you beat everything, sora wakes up in the Shibuya square of TWEWY and you see the distinctive 104 tower from that game in the middle, before the cutscene ends. So ultimately whatever is next for KH will be tied with TWEWY.
I wrote off that teaser being a twewy tease as just cheeky references

TWEWY doesn't need a sequel, but I'll absolutely take one. Just make sure the fashion is up to date.
Neku's story doesn't need a sequel, but they can still do the reapers game elsewhere

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
KH3 yeah.
Nomura said that wasn't TWEWY's world though.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
akjbsdlfjkbsdljfbsdlfjbsdljfhbsdfljhsdbf
sjdlhfbljshdblfsdf
s;kjbsdljkfb
not twewy 2!!!!
now i have to buy the port of 1 and replay
sdkfbskdfj

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Nomura REALLY wanted this. All TWEWY ports had cliffhangers, Switch port was made with the idea of a sequel in mind, there's something in another game and he also always says he wants TWEWY2.
It'd be nice if he wanted to revive Parasite Eve or something instead. S-E seems to be pretty lenient with his projects, I guess KH3 paid for it.

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did he? I can't find a source and that sounds super unlikely since it literally has the same knock-off building.

—Is Sora in the world of the World Ends With You (a game Nomura previously directed)?

Nomura: It does look like it. But there's more meaning in the fact that it is not Shibuya (written with kanji), but Shibuya (written with katakana). Also, Sora promised Neku and the others in KH3D that he would meet them in Shibuya (written in katakana), but that doesn't mean it's directly connected to this movie.

sounds to me he is letting to door open but not outright confirming anything in case he changes his mind.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Did he? I can't find a source and that sounds super unlikely since it literally has the same knock-off building.
Found it, it sounds like more like a "eh, maybe" than a straight up denial/confirmation.

—Is Sora in the world of the World Ends With You (a game Nomura previously directed)?

Nomura: It does look like it. But there's more meaning in the fact that it is not Shibuya (written with kanji), but Shibuya (written with katakana). Also, Sora promised Neku and the others in KH3D that he would meet them in Shibuya (written in katakana), but that doesn't mean it's directly connected to this movie.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

sounds to me he is letting to door open but not outright confirming anything in case he changes his mind.
Found it, it sounds like more like a "eh, maybe" than a straight up denial/confirmation.

Found the article in between but thanks. Yeah that's a bit vague. In any case, he made a deliberate reference to it at the end of his most awaited game, while TWEWY2 was in production if that rumor is right.