• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
I might just cry if they really do another Dino Crisis. Hell, I wouldn't even care if it's more action oriented (horror themed like 1 would be preferred though), I just want my Dinosaurs and my Regina. Capcom plleeeeeeeeassssseeeee.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Dragon's Dogma is Team Itsuno so I'm not expecting it until after DMC5.

Of the list above I think Dino Crisis is a great fit for the RE engine. Though I wonder if it's too similar to Resident Evil.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Its finally time

New Chaos Legion

Chaos_Legion_Wallpaper_HD_1.jpg
I'd actually like that. Alicia (I think that was her name) had some awesome stylish moves she could do. Would love to see the evolution of that.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Just to add speculation and flavor to what he said a bit, the surprise title he's talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after.

From what I know as well, their next title is the Onimusha reboot.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Here's another interesting quote from the interview, from when Takeuchi was asked if it was a coincidence that RE:2 and RE7 have such similar release dates:
OK that basically confirms a new big Capcom Title for next January. Not necessarily from Div1 since this probably refers to the whole Company (this year it was MH:W) but man i hope it's true....and Dragon's Dogma. 2.....
But also a release in January 2020 would make an announcement in the near Future very likely. on the one hand i can see them wanting to focus on RE2 and DMC for now, but i also don't see them waiting until basically 6-8 months before release which would be the case if they wait for E3 etc. for everything other than MH:W G.
Sooooo Game Awards announcement! :)

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man last year it was just hopes and dreams when I said Capgod's release for the next few years was gonna look like this:

RE3R
Dino Crisis Reboot
Onimusha Reboot
MHW2
Megaman Legends 3
RE4R (20 year anniversary!)

But the madmen are actually doing it hahaha

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I am ready to do a blood sacrifice in order to have an AAA Breath of Fire game with cel-shaded REngine.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Dino Crisis. Jesus, imagine DC remake on RE Engine. Holy craaaaaaaaaap.

Seriously, what else would make me think "Wow, they are making THAT?"

Maybe just Okami 2 :P

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Well, it fits the conversation going around a few days ago. Certain aspects of DMC V look better than RE 2, so it had to be an stylistic approach or the engine used was actually more modern.

On the 4 AAA games at the same time, I only hope they don't go too big, too soon. There's excitement in the air with these projects, yet they still have to be careful. Contrary to other companies, nothing would sustain them if a bad string of results happens. They were already at such point in the past, surely mistakes made them wiser.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Also, in addition to that, we're currently working on a title that will make our fans think, "wow, they're making that?"

A new Zelda lol.

I would love a new Resident Evil Outbreak though, I can dream.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've realized he makes no mention of what the release timeframe is. So this could literally be something soon or years off lol.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
And one more. Here's Takeuchi's answer to what the most memorable moment of his 30 year Capcom career was:

This warms my heart a lot.

I love RE7 and was so happy when i saw an interview with Mikami, where he mentioned the game without even it being the subject of the topic. Can't wait for RE8 <3

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Just to add speculation and flavor to what he said a bit, the surprise title he's talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after.

I can see them going back to cinematic games like Onimusha

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Basara is Dev 2 so don't hold your breath on it moving to RE Engine.

So either Dragon's Dogma 2 or Viewtiful Joe 3 (since rumors indicate that Okami 3 didn't work out).
I think probably DD2 from the DMC5 team given we onow Dev 1's also doing RE8 (RE7 team) and RE:3 (RE:2 team). I think we'll see VJ Remasters to test the waters there first before any new title.

Oct 25, 2017
Onimusha and Dino Crisis would be what I'd want. Since RE has pivoted back to horror for the time being bringing Dino Crisis back to fill the action void would be a good shout. Plus you could retrofit Onimusha to be more Souls/Nioh like and it wouldn't feel odd.

We're never gonna get any more Viewtiful Joe/Lost planet/Asura's Wrath/Haunting Ground/Maximo/Chaos Legion so I hope Capcom keep going ham with the Remasters.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think I would have words to express my joy at a RE ENGINE Dragons Dogma 2.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh my gosh, how the heck are Capcom pumping out these amazing titles one after the other? Whatever changed after 2016, hope they keep it that way, I'm loving the new Capcom.
As someone with a large amount of grey hair, it's refreshing. Capcom *used* to do this back in the day. Look at their output on PS2 and Gamecube. REmake, Godhand, Okami, RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, DMC3, MvC2... I could go on obviously.

Arguably they were still doing it early on last gen (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4, RE5). Something went very wrong somewhere last gen, but they've seemingly got their swagger back and I couldn't be happier about it.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I am loving this "let's not announce things until closer to release" thing that Capcom is doing. It's just so refreshing.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice to see things are going well at Capcom. I also want to highlight not that big, but still great, work they have been doing: Mega Man 11, Mega Man and Mega Man X compilations, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, Capcom Beat 'Em Up bundle and all the Street Fighter V improvements and aditions they continue adding almost 3 years after release, the game started weak but it's awesome right now and they keep adding a lot of great free stuff frequently that doesn't require grinding.

We have been told RE3 REmake is already well into development using RE Engine.
After the success of RE7 and next gen ports of older RE games, plus all the hype behind RE2 remake it makes sense to remake RE3 (and maybe even RECV too) after RE2.

Last edited:

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
After the success of RE7 and next gen ports of older RE games, plus all the hype behind RE2 remake it makes sense to remake RE3 (and maybe even RECV too) after RE2.
Yeah from what is being said, RE3 is currently underway. Code Veronica may or not get the same treatment, it all depends on how RE2 and RE3 do, and though CV is super rad, it may not be as wise a choice as, say, making a whole new game. RE2-3 are the only two not to get HD ports or Remakes/remasters. So Capcom has them at the top of the list. I am personally curious where they go from there.

I would honestly say no game in the mainline series needs a remake more than Code Veronica, as it was just so good, but broken in so many ways. Guess time will tell, but I am over the moon that RE3 is already locked in!

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like Nemesis, and it makes sense, but RE3make would be so low hype by comparison, kind of an underwhelming move.
THEN MAKE IT HYPE!

After the success of RE7 and next gen ports of older RE games, plus all the hype behind RE2 remake it makes sense to remake RE3
Considering that both games use similar assets and have the same setting, it would be funny of REmake 3 also had a similar development to the original.
"wow, they're making that?" is Dino Crisis, isn't it.
Jawmuncher alone has been being vocal about it's return so it would have to be something nobody has mentioned or talked about in a long time.