• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
lol gg BAMCO.

so the GC version is the only one with 60fps then?

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
WHY? I just don't understand why the fuck they can't get it right this time. How hard could it be?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't they patch it/it was modded on PC to be 60 right? Why re-re-release it without this given how much stink was made about it last time?

not to mention the price

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
What in the flying fudge?

Also, this relewased on PC, right? What changes does this remastered has? Didn't the PS3/PC version had all the extras from PS2 or so?

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Gonna hunt down a used Gamecube copy I think

It'll look nice on my component port ready CRT at least

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Why can a 60fps GameCube game not be run at 60fps on Switch, let alone Xbox Series X / PS5?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
30fps??!??

pacspit.gif

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Straight port of the PS3/PC versions for 40$/€, what a scam.

We want Destiny R, not this for the fifth time.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
For those wondering why it's because the PS2 version added new content but had to downgrade to 30fps, all ports have been based on this expanded version

It's hard coded in now and even modders haven't been able to unlock the 30fps cap

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
For those wondering why it's because the PS2 version added new content but had to downgrade to 30fps, all ports have been based on this expanded version

It's hard coded in now and even modders haven't been able to unlock the 30fps cap

Thank you for that explanation. Jesus Christ Bamco 🥴

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK

If anything It's surprising that they couldn't get this to match the GCN version on PS2

It's not like the GCN was much beefier in terms of specs over the PS2

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I knew it was going to be a slapdash port of the PS3 version. The texture work does appear to be a little better, though.

PS3 version:

tos-ps340drk.jpg

PS4 version:

tos-ps4oicad.jpg

Not sure if they just went over the textures with a sharpening filter, or if it's just due to the higher screen resolution, but the building in the back looks a lot sharper. One thing I noticed is that the PS3 version removed the thick black outline from the character models that was in the Gamecube original version, but there was a bug where weapons still had that thick outline. You can see that bug is still in the PS4 version. I would wager to guess the god-awful buzzing of the roller coaster in Altamira won't be fixed, either.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
And there goes my excitement for the announcement... welp, I'll stick to the GC version on Steam Deck :')

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Tales of Symphonia Demastered

Loved this back on the Gamecube and they extinguished my excitement for the steam release and then when i heard of this I should've known better than to get excited haha that'll teach me

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I remember hoping for 60fps back for the ps3 release. Crazy that it's coming out again with the same issue.

I want to play it on my switch, but I'll wait for a sale. This game deserves so much better. One of the all time greats.