skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the point of DOA anymore. The fighting system and balance is never deep for competitive level. We already have Tekken. In regards to fan service with the female characters well Capcom has jumped on that bandwagon so it seems there isn't anything left for this IP that make it unique.

DoA doesn't play anything like Tekken. You should think your posts through a little better.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I don't see the point of DOA anymore. The fighting system and balance is never deep for competitive level. We already have Tekken. In regards to fan service with the female characters well Capcom has jumped on that bandwagon so it seems there isn't anything left for this IP that make it unique.

As others pointed out, Tekken has nothing to do with DOA. The latter is also not unique just by TnA.
I mean, maybe you'd have a point if VF was still alive, but there...

I'd change it into more competitive style. Remove danger zones, remove the way holds can get you out of combos instantly and at least put a cool down on them so people can stop spamming them. I'm aware it's a triangle system and you can get a hi counter when you throw someone doing a hold but holds are way too easy to do and have next to no risk which creates boring as hell plays. Tune down the damn costume dlcs too and put more important things in the game. Fix the ranking system so that a rank a doesn't lose 1000 points for losing to a rank c just because he spammed holds. Am I bad for losing to holds? No, I'm not but it's really shitty that I learn big combos and one hold equals the damage I did. Fuck that noise.

I have no problems with the sexual characters but rather how they are portrayed when people want to play competitive.

Fair enough for the ranked system.
Danger Zones can be deactivated when choosing a stage though, it's not a game issue, but a tournament choice, a bit like Smash. Holds are part of the franchise and you can get stunned out of them, it's really not that easy.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Initial development of DOA5 was honestly super sensible, they even openly stated that they wanted to move away from the sexuality of the series.

I figured Ninja Gaiden 3's backlash spooked them big time because they backpedaled on that hard after 2012. They knew DOA's fanbase loves the sexual aspect of the franchise so they embraced it more than anything. Hopefully they do not go all out with that kinda stuff. I want DOA to be a big part of my life again and it is sorta hard when most people just see string bikinis everywhere.

Your opinion of Tekken is blasphemy sir. And with DOA6, they will lower the T&A for the initial PR drive and then turn it up later on with extra costumes and such.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Those weren't DLC characters I'm talking about Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu, Naotora, and Mai. not a single male character was sold as DLC
Yes, but Marie, Nyotengu and Phase 4 were released in a state where they did not expect a new home version of the game to be made.

You are technically right, but as I mentioned it is a bit unfair to state it directly like that. Honoka is one of the faces of the franchise now (on Marie's level) but was not technically DLC. Her, Momiji and Rachel were all significant selling points for later versions, but so were Raidou, Jacky Bryant, Ein and Leon.

Deleted member 35156

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Let's go Marie Rose/Sonic Fox! Would really like if one of my mains wins.... but Gen Fu is destroying her right now :(

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sonicfox plays DOA high level too? I've never seen anything like the natural adaption ability that kid has.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I've never watched competitive DOA despite being a fan of the series. This is fun to watch. I didn't know SonicFox played this.

Dr. Octagon

Nov 28, 2017
Not even the thread about an annoucement of a game is free from the ire against fan service, Jesus. Im all for less of it but the barrage of criticism on all threads is a continous downer. Not all games have to be picked apart, specially DOA, a game into its 6th iteration which has not changed since its inception
I feel your pain. They infiltrate every thread. All you can do is just roll your eyes at this point.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Your opinion of Tekken is blasphemy sir.
I learned it from the pro.
DQNT1pmUMAAsfiL.jpg:large

I really genuinely respect and enjoy Tekken, I just happen to prefer all major 3D fighting game series more.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
No goddamnit! If the VF characters return, it's time to find them some new voices.

Have Team Ninja remodel and revoice everyone, then Sega can just take them and use them in a VF6 later.
That would be awesome if something like that happened. VF6 would be the best thing ever

Maybe have the glorious old voices be unlockable or something haha

I'm no pushover, sweetie :p
Literally my favorite line in the game haha.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I feel your pain. They infiltrate every thread. All you can do is just roll your eyes at this point.

Come on now. Of course that's going to come up in a DOA thread. Especailly when discussing a possible DOA6. For the general audience that's still the main defining characteristic of DOA.

They already toned that down for the marketing of 5 though but IMO they still need to do more if they really want people to take it seriously as a fighting game. Systems-wise the game is fine.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
The only DoA game I've ever played was the one on the 3DS, to be frank. But I'm getting addicted to FG's so I'll definitely be picking this up if it happens.

Dr. Octagon

Nov 28, 2017
Come on now. Of course that's going to come up in a DOA thread. Especailly when discussing a possible DOA6. For the general audience that's still the main definining characteristic of DOA.

They already toned that down for the marketing of 5 though but IMO they still need to do more if they really want people to take it seriously as a fighting game. Systems-wise the game is fine.
I agree with you on toning it down. I just get so tired of same complaints in every single thread. You don't have to die on every hill.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like watching DOA tournaments but I never understood why they would take off hit effects ? The game loses its oomph without it

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That stream chat complaining about the commentary team not shouting makes me sad.
Great commentary from them.