BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans in Texas standing over their BBQ grill on day 6 without power: Cruz had to leave, because those libs caused all this!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Ok this is pretty fucking bad even for Republican standards. Reminds me of

chris-christie-beach.jpg

Christie's day at the beach during Sandy

Edit: actually not during Sandy, but during budget impasse where he ordered beaches to be closed
www.theatlantic.com

Chris Christie's Day at the Beach

The New Jersey governor was photographed at a beach after he’d ordered the state’s beaches closed over a budget impasse.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure that wasn't day at the beach during the beginning of the pandemic when the date closed public beaches?
it was actually due to budget impasse, not Sandy

Governor Chris Christie, New Jersey's least-popular governor ever, was photographed Sunday on Island Beach State Park with his wife. Trouble is he'd ordered the state's beaches closed because of an impasse over the state's budget. Even worse, when asked Sunday afternoon at a news conference if he'd gotten any sun, Christie replied: "I didn't. I didn't get any sun today."
www.theatlantic.com

The New Jersey governor was photographed at a beach after he’d ordered the state’s beaches closed over a budget impasse.

Mar 3, 2018
I love seeing comments on social media attacking the people who took the photos and everyone else in the plane, as a way to distract from Cruz being there. One comment was "I bet liberals won't say anything about everyone else on that plane"

like really? That's your angle and line of thought?? 🤡

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If you're wondering how the GOP is responding, just check out the GAF defense force:

"I'd do it too!"
"What about Cuomo! (?)"
"What can one Senator do??"
"Dems think Ted Cruz controls the weather!"

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to cast a ballot in an attempt to vote this asshole out again.
Lets hope it actually happens in 2022. Fuck

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Watch as Republicans simply don't give a shit.

As long as the GOP remains the party of fundamentalists Christians, many Americans will simply never go against god and vote for a Democrat.

Jan 29, 2018
Must be nice. I haven't been able to vacation in over a year thanks to this out of control pandemic...

Also Senators are vaccinated, but what about his family? This sort of travel is irresponsible even if Texas wasn't a mess right now.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The people of Texas don't want government help anyway remember. Ted is fine! This is fine!

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This will come off as devil's advocate even though of course this is slimy shit on so many levels, but....what role does the senate play in a situation like this right now? Does that level of govt plays a key role in aid right now?
Beto, who doesn't hold any elected office, was organizing calls to senior citizens to make sure they have heat and such and to get those items to them if they don't have them.

Beaten by bwoog

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
He barely beat Beto.

This is true, but this was also in 2018 when Trump wasn't on the ticket and there was a larger than normal amount of cross-party voting from people who wanted to punish Trump for his behavior, but Trump wasn't on the ballot so Republicans took the hit.

Cruz is historically unpopular for a senator, and 2024 is a presidential year so there will be much higher turnout, but it could go either way, really. It's too far out to predict, one way or another. With all that said I want whomever runs against Cruz to clean his fucking clock, as I am tired of being represented by that loathsome man.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Beto, who doesn't hold any elected office, was organizing calls to senior citizens to make sure they have heat and such and to get those items to them if they don't have them.

Beaten by bwoog
Ted Cruz only makes calls for people who call his wife ugly

57f6bf9b9bd9786f018b5609

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
This is true, but this was also in 2018 when Trump wasn't on the ticket and there was a larger than normal amount of cross-party voting from people who wanted to punish Trump for his behavior, but Trump wasn't on the ballot so Republicans took the hit.

Cruz is historically unpopular for a senator, and 2024 is a presidential year so there will be much higher turnout, but it could go either way, really. It's too far out to predict, one way or another. With all that said I want whomever runs against Cruz to clean his fucking clock, as I am tired of being represented by that loathsome man.

Yep, all this.

Though I am absolutely afraid that we'll somehow end up with a Crenshaw replacing him, or worse- a Boebert or other kind of Q-nut. Even if they win by a slim margin, the difference between an (theoretical, for the sake of argument) incompetent democratic senator/governor/etc. and one of the trumped up psycho's needs no explanation.

(to be clear I am not absolving cruz for all of the shit he's done and his role in adding fuel to all of that fire, just pointing out that he's still not all-in on everything, and is just a snivelling little weasel coward)

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Oh what is that, a Republican that believes that government shouldn't really do anything is not doing anything? /s

I am not shocked whatsoever by this turd's actions. I won't be shocked when the people who are getting screwed over during this "cold snap" vote this turd into office again.

What would have been shocking would have been seeing Turd up at a podium in whatever city he calls home talking about how he is working with the local power companies, water companies and his "connections" to get things turned around for his constituents.

Beto needs to run for governor or something.

It would be a step in the right direction for the under-served citizens of Texas!

My rich Republican brother-in-law that lives in Texas called Beto a flash in the pan. I would greatly enjoy it if that opinion turns out to be wrong.

Don't worry, Beto just scares your BIL.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine voting against this human garbage In your state along with over 4 million others, just to have ERA post that you deserve this to happen to you...

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think, considering Cruz' past statements, that disappearing from the public eye for the time being is the best thing for authorities in the state to work on the problems. The last thing anybody wants is Cruz drawing more shit.

He should have just stayed at home and shut up, though, now it's going to blow up in their faces.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
And watch as millions of shitty Republican voters still support him.
Was it Iowa, where they experienced massive flooding or wind or something along those lines, and Trump openly mocked it like it was no big deal and was mad because the media wasn't talking about him?

Iowa still voted for Trump.

Nothing an elected Republican will do will change the minds of 95-99% of Republicans. You just have to hope an election is within a point or two, and then maybe, maybe there will be an effect. If Cruz was up for reelection in 2022, this might matter but since it's 2024 and Texas tends to be about 5% over for Republicans, I don't see how it does.

It's the reason fuckers like Cruz are so blatant like this, they know they can be.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Ok this is pretty fucking bad even for Republican standards. Reminds me of

chris-christie-beach.jpg

Christie's day at the beach during Sandy

Edit: actually not during Sandy, but during budget impasse where he ordered beaches to be closed
www.theatlantic.com

Exactly what I thought of. This is the type of shit that even pisses off your base.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
all these twitter fuck boys saying "what can he do?! hes not a power generator" are scum of the earth. in my part of town, we have resorted to catching melting icicles off our roof for WATER. this mother fucker is fleeing to cancun. he doesnt even care about appearing like he cares, because guess what, he fucking doesnt. people are dying, starving, cold, have no water, cant get water/food because all the stores are closed or out of stock.

we are suffering. he is on the beach.