• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
This post and all the others like it...

Goddamned

Years

Worth of salt. You'd think at some point they tire themselves out with the petty hate, but no

I don't see what's wrong with just "not liking" Go. I was never a big fan of the OG anyway, and I liked the sort of "Proto-TTG" from the DC Nation shorts but Go is just too dumb wacky hyper for me to really enjoy despite some moments I"ve seen that are pretty good.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Because the superior Teen Titans died for whatever the heck Go is and now they're dragging the rotten corpse out for a one time gig that is supposed to boost Go.

If anything, Go is boosting the 2003 series.

It's that popular.

Not to mention how Go goes out of its way to say that these TT indeed suck compared to their other incarnations

A.M.

Community Resettler

Goddamned

Years

Worth of salt. You'd think at some point they tire themselves out with the petty hate, but no

Plus, you'd think they'd actually take the time to process Go!'s episodes. Read between the lines—watch the episodes that outright call you out. It's very aware of how the fans react.

Not to mention, it stabs hard at the tropes the original fell into. Go! is much more brilliant than others think it is. Don't worry, they're not laughing with us—they're laughing at us, along with us. (And this is coming from a girl that loved the 'OG' more than Avatar.)

I really hope they have future plans for both series after this! 💗

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

Goddamned

Years

Bruh it's not even petty hate. Some people can just... not like a show you like
The post that you replied to was responding to this:

Oh I know. Go! ended up being more popular than OG ever was, shockingly.

I know it's a minority opinion, but I just can't do Go. Between the art style and the ADHD energy of it all, it just irritates me

People are allowed to dislike TTGo! without being petty. There's a lot of shit to hate about it. But boiling all criticism of the show down to "6 years of petty hate" is just stupid to me

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried watching GO and literally hated everyone. Not a fan of the way they color everything ether. The art in the original series hasn't aged the best but I'd still prefer it over GO.

I don't know if the OG Titans will be enough to get me to watch something GO related. I'm worried it'll pull a Turtles Forever and show blatant bias to the modern team.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Eh, I like both series on their own merits, so in for this. Always find the unending salt about Go hilarious though.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The animation of the originals is terrible in this movie. Its like all the budget is gone.

Because the superior Teen Titans died for whatever the heck Go is and now they're dragging the rotten corpse out for a one time gig that is supposed to boost Go.

Go is literally one of the best comedies on television. It does not replace the original either.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I like both series on their own merits, so in for this. Always find the unending salt about Go hilarious though.
There is nothing wrong about Go!. Who doesn't love fart jokes and making fun of people who don't like fart jokes?

It just doesn't to add to my enjoyment of DC characters, tv cartoons, or anything. I would love if they had a Superman/Batman show like TTGo. It wouldn't add to what I appreciate about their book counterparts, if that makes sense.

I guess there's Titans on DC Universe but that's not really my thing either.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Release date revealed

EAA5kYtU0AAQ9-3.jpg:large

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Does this confirm that the post credits scene for TTG to the movies was just for this? Not an actual return of the original Tern Titans?

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the series since this is releasing next week,
I completely forgot how much character they had and how different they actually were from their stereotypes and later GO versions(besides obvious Robin)
Raven has way more personality than I remember early on in the series
tumblr_oqobfsWaR31vvmsa1o1_400.gif

tumblr_oqodx8wkJO1vvmsa1o2_400.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Can we just get TT season 6?
Still holding out hope if this does well or renews interest that DCU or HBO Max will do a revival.
Honestly seems like it would be a good pick for DCU, fills a similar niche yet is younger targeted than Young Justice so they could effectively make a demographic chain,
Teen Titans Go(3-7/8)->Teen Titans(7/8-14 + original fans)->Young Justice (13-16~ + original fans)
->Titans(17+) if you want to include it.

Also gives Young Justice more development time between seasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy go haters are going to absolutely hate this movie
Its 100% an extended GO episode, far lower than GO To The Movies.

Im amazed they didn't make a joke about
the live action versions
seeing the animated movie, Night Begins to Shine and comic versions in the final fight were cool.

As someone that enjoys most things Teen Titans, I definitely had a good time with this

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was definitely more Teen Titans Go than anything. I hardly could even take the OG Teen Titans as the original ones, they still felt like they were written as their Go counterparts. Not to mention Tara Strong must have forgotten what OG Raven even sounds like.

The story was still... Fun? I guess. But I couldn't take it seriously, and I felt disrespected watching it as a fan of both the Original and Go! This should had been a celebration of Teen Titans, not some stupid one-off joke and a middle finger to fans of the OG team.
Like come on, I was one of the few adults who actually went to see the damn movie in theaters. And Go to the Movies was far more respectful in that little scene at the end of how the OG Titans may come back, then this crapfest.

People need to go in expecting Teen Titans Go shenanigans and nothing else.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I thought this was a ton of fun. Got plenty of laughs out of me. It reminds me of Turtles Forever as a love letter to the various versions of the Titans, with it grounded in the Go! verse/sense of humor.

Some cool action setpieces, though not enough musical numbers.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i watched TTG in theatres just to try and get teen titans season 6 going

i will not be fooled again, the original is dead and gone

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was a ton of fun. Got plenty of laughs out of me. It reminds me of Turtles Forever as a love letter to the various versions of the Titans, with it grounded in the Go! verse/sense of humor.

Some cool action setpieces, though not enough musical numbers.
Its weird how flat the musical numbers felt,
the movie had great ones and even the show has great music at times like Night Begins to Shine.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boy go haters are going to absolutely hate this movie
Its 100% an extended GO episode, far lower than GO To The Movies.
This was definitely more Teen Titans Go than anything. I hardly could even take the OG Teen Titans as the original ones, they still felt like they were written as their Go counterparts. Not to mention Tara Strong must have forgotten what OG Raven even sounds like.

The story was still... Fun? I guess. But I couldn't take it seriously, and I felt disrespected watching it as a fan of both the Original and Go! This should had been a celebration of Teen Titans, not some stupid one-off joke and a middle finger to fans of the OG team.
Like come on, I was one of the few adults who actually went to see the damn movie in theaters. And Go to the Movies was far more respectful in that little scene at the end of how the OG Titans may come back, then this crapfest.

People need to go in expecting Teen Titans Go shenanigans and nothing else.

Well that's a hard skip then. Shame since I was looking forward to seeing the original Titans again but I can't stand Go.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Ah well, I'll live. I am gonna doubt they'll ever bring back the OG Teen Titans without Teen Titans Go being involved...but time will tell.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me of Turtles Forever as a love letter to the various versions of the Titans, with it grounded in the Go! verse/sense of humor.
Turtles Forever works as a tribute to both series because it's easier to lighten up a more serious version of a franchise by contrasting it with its less serious predecessor than it is to darken a less serious version of a franchise with its more serious counterparts. You're always going to drag the darker versions closer to the center far more than moving the lighter ones. This is why the comic Turtles' appearance at the end of the film worked as a cameo and wouldn't have worked lasting much longer than that. And even then, the lighter team being the older version resulted in them being pushed closer to a comedic extreme than they actually were back in the day.

Basically, I don't think these kinds of crossovers can ever really please anyone who isn't a fan of the current incarnation of the franchise just due to the necessities involved in making them.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
In comparison to TT Go to the Movies, this film felt like a massive downgrade. Shame, as the prior film was genuinely hilarious & has some fun musical numbers.

This film, in comparison, wasn't as fun (or funny, aside from the bits with the two Trigon's bickering like an old married couple) & it felt mean spirited throughout.

I also missed the moments when the 2003 Titans went anime/chibi when it called for it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man everyone calling the final battle an Endgame ripoff around the Internet is getting incredibly annoying.
Even have people saying they used the Avengers theme when its clear as day an "orchestra" version of the Teen Titans theme.