Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
How badly does the silver bezel and stand reflect light though? I'd probably pay for the C7 just to get the black bezel, and if the stand is identical to the B6, I'd just swap in the B6 stand too. No idea why they decided to change from a perfect color scheme to that.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
How badly does the silver bezel and stand reflect light though? I'd probably pay for the C7 just to get the black bezel, and if the stand is identical to the B6, I'd just swap in the B6 stand too. No idea why they decided to change from a perfect color scheme to that.
These were my concerns regarding the silver outline on the B7's bezel as well before I had the opportunity to view both the B7 and C7 in low-light conditions and honestly you couldn't even tell the silver was there.

What you could tell was there however was the silver stand on the C7, which reflected enough light off of the TV as to be distracting. The black stand of the B7 was less reflective.

Hopefully for the 2018 models LG will just stick to a uniform, all-black design for their OLEDs, but regarding this year's models, the B7 is completely not a problem.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't look as nice, but I don't even notice the bezel when actually watching the TV. Maybe I'd notice it more if it was against a black wall.

I don't use the LG stand myself so can't comment on that.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What you could tell was there however was the silver stand on the C7, which reflected enough light off of the TV as to be distracting. The black stand of the B7 was less reflective.

What? Is this just a US vs most everywhere else model issue? AFAIK the B7 not only had a fugly, cheapy looking crescent stand, it was entirely silver too. As far as the C7 goes (and I suppose the same applies to the B7), some people are just using black felt. I just looked at the B7A they have on Rtings, and it looks almost identical to the B6 stand, which isn't noticeable at all.

lg-b7.jpg

Is this only outside of the US?

Last edited:

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
Game Mode.
Brightness: Max
Contrast: 90
Colour: 50
Gamma: 0
Local Dimming: High
X Reality Pro (?): High
Colour temp: Expert 1
Smooth Gradation: Low
Everything else: Off

If its working the same as on the xe930 you should set local dimming to medium. On high it just reduces the light output for the whole picture with the same activated zones as on medium.

Edit: Dont know if im running juju but I got the impression yesterday, when I set picture mode to custom the picture becomes more clear for movies/apps.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Are the banding or grey uniformity problems of the LG Oleds overblown? I swear everytime I go into some LG Oled threads in other forums it feels like they aren't talking about anything else. Makes me kind of worry until my panel arrives.

And I am not someone who is looking for the ultimate flawless panel.

Me_Marcadet

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm interesting.

Please try the following:

Power on PS4 pro, select PS4 input, check if it works. If it doesn't, power off display and power back on.
Power on Switch, select Switch input, check if it works. If it doesn't, power off display and power back on.

I've had handshakes issue, but it's ALWAYS resolved by powering the display on and off. I think it's because the PS4 pro uses HDCP 2.2, whereas 1080p content is HDCP 1.4.

I did the update and tried what you said and it doesn't work.
Right now I have my pc working fine over hdmi, but I can't get any signal on the Switch.

It must be an hardware issue, I hope the replacement will come soon enough.

Edit: I waited a bit longer after turning off the TV before turning it on again and now the switch works, but I get signal cut every 20-30 secs...

If I need to do this every time I want to use a device it will be a huge hassle...

The signal cut are clearly not normal, I'm pretty sure the hdmi ports or board is faulty.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Are the banding or grey uniformity problems of the LG Oleds overblown? I swear everytime I go into some LG Oled threads in other forums it feels like they aren't talking about anything else. Makes me kind of worry until my panel arrives.

If all you do is spend time staring at near black (dark grey) slides, you'll notice uniformity or reverse vignetting issues. Sometimes you might also notice reverse vignetting issues in games where the entire screen is near black (which is very rare). Some of that is panel tech related and some of it is just panel lotto in general right now. My set has uniformity issues, but in the majority of games or movies I watch on it, it never comes up. If the screen is supposed to be black, it's black. The only time it really stands out is when a movie might be transitioning scenes, or the intro is just slightly above black (because the black bars remain completely black independently). I've also noticed similar issues on a 100% white screen (which pretty much never happens in games or movies) where there are "columns" that are not 100% white across the screen.

The only negative experience I've had where banding was just gross was while playing RE7 on PC. I'm more prone to believe it was a PC issue and not being able to display 10-bit HDR though, but I haven't compared it to the PS4 version, so it could very well be the TV. However, I have played quite a lot of games on it, and initially I thought it was just a near black problem (or white), but then I've played Dead Space 1&2 since, and the game is fucking gorgeous, and I don't have similar banding problems with it.

You might end up with a bad panel, but then you should be able to exchange it depending on where you get it. But even with these minor annoyances that almost never come up, I'd still take them over the typical backlight bleed you get with LCD or IPS glow. Both of those are way worse.

I did the update and tried what you said and it doesn't work.
Right now I have my pc working fine over hdmi, but I can't get any signal on the Switch.

It must be an hardware issue, I hope the replacement will come soon enough.

Not sure why this should make any difference, but are you using the same HDMI input for the Switch as you are your PC, and did you change that input to be labeled "PC"?

edit: Are you getting your PS4 to work? Apparently there was a problem with the Switch for many users with newer TVs. It doesn't seem to be the same problem you're having, but it is an HDMI/Switch issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...itch_causing_hdmi_input_on_many_newer_tvs_to/

Last edited:

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Like, is VRR a feature that requires specific hardware that doesn't exist in current models? Is that feature that would potentially be firmware upgradeable?
It could be added to PC videocards 2.0 outputs with a driver upgrade but for TVs this likely requires new h/w so it's highly doubtful that any of them would support it with a f/w upgrade. It's also hard to say if this feature could be ported to console outputs.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if the 2016 LG OLEDs are on sale for BlackFriday? Seems like LG and stores are only pushing the 2017 models... which is understandable.

Me_Marcadet

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why this should make any difference, but are you using the same HDMI input for the Switch as you are your PC, and did you change that input to be labeled "PC"?

edit: Are you getting your PS4 to work? Apparently there was a problem with the Switch for many users with newer TVs. It doesn't seem to be the same problem you're having, but it is an HDMI/Switch issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...itch_causing_hdmi_input_on_many_newer_tvs_to/

It's not the same issue, my issue is that the TV don't easily get signal from any source. When it got the signal, it could work fine for some time, then it can lose the signal and it's another case of luck in order to get the signal again.

My unit seems to be faulty, well that happens some time.
I can still try to use it when it works. I would rather was very surprised by the quality of 1080p content on the switch and wii U.
The upscale is very good. Smash bros, Odyssey and Mario kart all look amazing on this set.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gat damn. I wish I had a Fry's electronics. Quite a few people on Slickdeals are reporting 55" B7A's for $1199 and 65" at $1799.

I put in a price protection request for my B7A at another site, but I somehow doubt it will be approved. The Fry's offer seems legit though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Friend is looking into a Samsung UE55MU6172, anyone know if it's any good or at least what the US equivalent model name is so I can look at reviews I understand and not just Polish reviews lol

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if the 2016 LG OLEDs are on sale for BlackFriday? Seems like LG and stores are only pushing the 2017 models... which is understandable.

Not sure if they are going to have any specifically on sale for Black Friday, but Cleveland Plasma is still selling them. You might contact them to see if you can get one for less than the 2017 models.

Or just hold out until 2018.

Arsebiscult

Nov 15, 2017
LG B7
LG C7
LG E7
Sony A1
Sony ZD9

I'm debating LG B7 65 inch (I think the C.E has same OLED panels, just the stand and the presentation of the Frame) or the ZD9

From what I have read ZD9 has the brightness to really make HDR pop and better for brighter rooms, LG OLED has better blacks and nicer in darker rooms

I can get a LG B7 65 inch for £2250 but now pay 12 months later (with a first order 10 percent off code) on Very.co.uk, but I don't see much discount on the ZD9..but still debating what suits my viewing room and environment for the best...

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered the 55" x900e. Should be here Saturday. I hope it's worth it.

Nice.

I'm still hovering over the 49" version.

Anyone who owns the XE9005 how does it do with HDR in games? Is it good? I've seen the demo in the local Currys but don't have a bespoke AV place to go and check it out for a proper demo.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Did Samsung ever do a follow up to the KS8000 from last year? If so, what's the model # and does it hold up as well as that TV in terms of dollar value? I was reminded by the other thread mentioning the TV firmware update that DF had highly recommended the TV as a mid-grade option last year, and I remember thinking it might actually be within obtainable range... Just don't know what the 2017 follow up would have been, if there ever was one.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Samsung ever do a follow up to the KS8000 from last year? If so, what's the model # and does it hold up as well as that TV in terms of dollar value? I was reminded by the other thread mentioning the TV firmware update that DF had highly recommended the TV as a mid-grade option last year, and I remember thinking it might actually be within obtainable range... Just don't know what the 2017 follow up would have been, if there ever was one.

From my research the follow up TVs from Samsung to the KS8000 are not as good sadly.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Best HDR is z9d.. Best blacks, any oled
True story

I'm debating LG B7 65 inch (I think the C.E has same OLED panels, just the stand and the presentation of the Frame) or the ZD9

From what I have read ZD9 has the brightness to really make HDR pop and better for brighter rooms, LG OLED has better blacks and nicer in darker rooms

I can get a LG B7 65 inch for £2250 but now pay 12 months later (with a first order 10 percent off code) on Very.co.uk, but I don't see much discount on the ZD9..but still debating what suits my viewing room and environment for the best...
Tough choice. Both are great.

Friend is looking into a Samsung UE55MU6172, anyone know if it's any good or at least what the US equivalent model name is so I can look at reviews I understand and not just Polish reviews lol
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6100

CptPusheen

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally hyped for LG C7, wish I didn't buy KS8000, but who knew OLEDs will become so cheap so fast. If only I could sell my current TV for a decent price, C7 would be mine. Real 1st world problems

Deleted member 10234

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does the OLED light setting work on LG TVs when displaying HDR content? I know technically you should keep the setting at the default value to get the most out of HDR, but when playing The Witness the screen was just constantly too bright for me. Infamous wasn't so bad, though even then longer combat sequences got a bit tiring with all the neon highlights. I haven't had the chance to check out HDR movies/shows yet to see if my experience with them is better.

I should note that I'm someone who keeps OLED light around 15-20 for SDR content and even then I sometimes find a near white screen a bit too bright..

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
How does the OLED light setting work on LG TVs when displaying HDR content? I know technically you should keep the setting at the default value to get the most out of HDR, but when playing The Witness the screen was just constantly too bright for me. Infamous wasn't so bad, though even then longer combat sequences got a bit tiring with all the neon highlights. I haven't had the chance to check out HDR movies/shows yet to see if my experience with them is better.

I should note that I'm someone who keeps OLED light around 15-20 for SDR content and even then I sometimes find a near white screen a bit too bright..

Everything that I've read is that you should leave the OLED at 100 when watching HDR videos. I do that, but I've also read that for gaming you should leave it at 100 also. I definitely do not do this, because my eyes are on fire after a few hours at that setting. I turn mine down to 70 or lower for games. If that's going to lead to incorrect highlights, then so be it. I'd rather preserve my vision.

But wow, 15-20 is extremely dim, even for an entirely dark room. I keep mine at 40, and have relatively light sensitive eyes. What do you have your contrast and brightness at?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm REALLY hoping Sony takes a big leap with their OLEDs in 2018 and beyond. They have insane processing technology.

I don't see it being anything but a repeat of this year since LG supplies the panels. In fact I think it's their LCDs that can take big leaps in 2018 if they go for a 2500+ nits FALD with more zones.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
The only negative experience I've had where banding was just gross was while playing RE7 on PC. I'm more prone to believe it was a PC issue and not being able to display 10-bit HDR though, but I haven't compared it to the PS4 version, so it could very well be the TV. However, I have played quite a lot of games on it, and initially I thought it was just a near black problem (or white), but then I've played Dead Space 1&2 since, and the game is fucking gorgeous, and I don't have similar banding problems with it.

Just a FYI, the banding you noticed was due to a glitch in the current LG firmware. HDR while using the "PC" input label has serious banding issues. If you switch then input to anything else, banding will go away. (however input lag increase)

Hoping they fix in the next update. Otherwise the set is almost perfect.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just a FYI, the banding you noticed was due to a glitch in the current LG firmware. HDR while using the "PC" input label has serious banding issues. If you switch then input to anything else, banding will go away. (however input lag increase)

Hoping they fix in the next update. Otherwise the set is almost perfect.

I didn't change the label to PC, because the input lag skyrockets. On a B6. It's there when the input is simply labeled "HDMI input X" or "Game Console". I'm also not using the most recent firmware. I stopped updating after the judder fix. It's ridiculously bad too at the very start of RE7 when you're on the laptop watching the video from Mia.

It's like this left side of the image, except 3x - 4x as many (much thinner) rings:

It also does that in any section where there are bright lights shining into darkened areas, particularly near the end of the game in the mine, as well as a section of the house. I tried the game on my Plasma, and PC monitor just to see if it was an in game/HDR problem too. The game wasn't 100% banding free on any screen, but it was much less pronounced on the other two. It's also the only game so far where I've seen this kind of banding, and one of the only that I've played on PC that had HDR. Other games with HDR via PS4 Pro I've not really noticed any issues with (other than the black abyss nighttime in Horizon that only happens when staring at the ground), and no SDR game on PC has this problem either.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10234

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything that I've read is that you should leave the OLED at 100 when watching HDR videos. I do that, but I've also read that for gaming you should leave it at 100 also. I definitely do not do this, because my eyes are on fire after a few hours at that setting. I turn mine down to 70 or lower for games. If that's going to lead to incorrect highlights, then so be it. I'd rather preserve my vision.

But wow, 15-20 is extremely dim, even for an entirely dark room. I keep mine at 40, and have relatively light sensitive eyes. What do you have your contrast and brightness at?
Contrast and brightness are at default for the recently added Technicolor modes, 85 and 50 I think? To add to my weirdness I very rarely have the lights off and I still keep OLED light that low. I do sit fairly close to the TV, I think less than 2 meters from the screen to my eyes and it's a 55" set, but I know even that's not as close as some people.

OLED light 15 should be around 100 nits, at least based on the rtings settings.

But yeah, nice to know turning the OLED light down for gaming doesn't completely ruin the picture quality or anything.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017

Remember that a lot of people who post on AV forums are obsessives who stare at blank slides of different colours on their screens looking for flaws. My advice would be to NOT do this. I know when you've spent a lot of money on a new TV you want it to be as perfect as possible, but if you deliberately set out to look for tiny flaws on blank slides then you're never going to be happy. If you're happy with the picture when watching movies and playing games then why go looking for things to annoy you that you can't even see during normal viewing?

AV forums can be useful but take what you read on there with a hefty dose of salt for the average consumer.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017

Just battled through a banding mess with my 65" B7V model. I'd say it's very likely to end up with a shitty panel concerning uniformity and LG doesn't give a fuck (atleast LG Nordic). You can read my story here and see some pics of the problem. The whole thread is generally a very saddening read. That worst band was visible in almost every uniform image, so there it was taunting me in UIs, boots screens, menus etc. Even those normal and colorful scenes weren't safe if the camera started panning. You'd think that there isn't that much "grey content" in movies and games so you can live with the rare occasions. But there's constantly something revealing the banding especially while watching the tv in a dark room. I played the most of Dishonored 2 eyeing at that fucking band constantly. And after all this LG had the nerve to say that they found absolutely no faults in this set.

I bought the 65" Sony X900E yesterday and it's a huge step forward compared to B7 apart from inky blacks and viewing angle. That leads me to believe that the panel in my B7 had some other serious problems too, not just banding. The colors, motion handling and HDR are so much better in X900E. Although the X900E is professionally calibrated and B7 wasn't but I used all the recommended picture settings. So I guess my B7 was extraordinarily bad.

According to my experience, avoid LG altogether, wait until another manufacturer comes up with better OLED technology and get an LCD for now.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I have 30 days to test it and I will try to use it with various games and movies and will then decide.

If that TV isn't for me, I will probably wait some time until trying another TV again as this was a very special deal. I only jumped on it because I believe it's great from a price point perspective (1150€ for a B7 55"), not because I absolutely feel the need to upgrade. I play and watch on a 50" Panasonic plasma and I am still very pleased with it.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I have a B7A and the silver isn't noticeable once you actually watch tv or at night. Also the stand is not noticeable, I actually like the clear glass look. The silver stand on the C7 DOES reflect light from the screen and that annoyed me more than the silver bezel when I viewed both of them.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
According to my experience, avoid LG altogether, wait until another manufacturer comes up with better OLED technology and get an LCD for now.

Sounds like you had an abnormally bad experience. From that same thread:

Man, buying this TV and then coming here is such a downer. I haven't even received my TV yet and i feel like it's going to have terrible IR, burn in, banding and probably going to blow up and burn down my house and LG is going to kick me in the nuts afterward just to rub it in because they're jerks.

The bad cases stand out, and you hear a lot less, if anything at all from those who aren't really having any problems.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I have a B7A and the silver isn't noticeable once you actually watch tv or at night. Also the stand is not noticeable, I actually like the clear glass look. The silver stand on the C7 DOES reflect light from the screen and that annoyed me more than the silver bezel when I viewed both of them.

I guess black tape could fix that right?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I update my Sony? Many people are saying that the android is horrible and just to use Roku.

Oct 25, 2017
is there a list of the last good updates for the LG 2016 series ? I'm on 4.10.05 i think. It has handshake problems with the ps4 on occasion. And is there a list of sites you need to block ? I am in europe, so have the e6v. Worried someone will accidentally tell it to update when the pop up appears every time the tv is on.

Nov 11, 2017
I had this dilemma. The X900e still does some key things better.. Local dimming; 930E is edge lit (although it does a great job simulating LD).. The x900E has better color gamut coverage.
The 930E has a better build quality (also heavier) It does HDR better and is brighter... If that's worth $500 more I guess. I went for all around performance per dollar.
With the deals out there, I was able to snag a 65 inch 930e for $1999. I've owned the 900e, and the 930e is a vastly better tv. Although it's edge lit, the local dimming is better than the 900e , which is fald. The processing is better, it's much brighter, the hdr is so much better, it has better contrast, and black levels, it has lower input lag for 4k sources , and will be getting Dolby Vison.

I can also say , the 930e is a much better gaming set than my 65 inch Lg b7. I know everyone loves the black levels the oleds have, but the dimness of the hdr game modes on the lg oled , really ruin the experience for hdr gaming. Sure , on same games you can adjust black and white points , to get extra brightness , but not all games have this setting. I may be sending my b7 back. It looks great, if you have a great source, like uhd, or Netflix , for example. But the scaling chip is pretty subpar . Football games look like they are missing detail from the broadcast view, compared to the 930e. I'm not talking the close ups of players , this still looks really good , rather the side view they show each play at . I know broadcast tv , Is hit or miss , and with an oled, when the source isn't great, the picture looks pretty bad . Just some of my impressions. I do love my new b7 Netflix, Apple TV movies, and 4k uhd sources though. Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving today .

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Sony 930e in the UK is just around £250 more than the 900e, has been for a few weeks now. Seems worth it to go for the 930e but this might change on black Friday or cyber Monday.

Lack of dolby vision on 900e might make me wait for the 930e to drop a bit lower in a few months or just wait till next November for the next crop of LCD. I'd be using this for 24/7 PC use and some PS4 pro so would rather go LCD and OLED right now just looks too dim on occasions.

If the 900e has a mega drop I might just buy that and make do.

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
So, according to this site the LG B7A is considered the best television to play games on in terms of input lag atm:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/hdr-gaming

Anyone know of any BF deals featuring this TV?

If you have a Fry's Electronics near you the 55" B7A is $1200 on Black Friday (tomorrow) and the 65" B7A is $1799 but you do need the Fry's offer code, you can sign up at the link below this paragraph. That price applied yesterday as well and a whole lot of people picked up their sets yesterday, I got the 55 B7A and they covered the tax as well so $1200 OTD was a steal. LG did bring up a new manufacturing plant this year so I'd expect more units to hit the market next year driving prices down. The big difference I noticed between the B7A and the C7 (brother has that) is the brown box packaging, the slightly different stand color, and some levels of ATMOS support in the B7A but I believe it still sends ATMOS to receivers.

Fry's daily spam email but includes discount code:
https://www.frys.com/workflow/AcctMaint/fryspromocom/subc.jsp

For the person having input problems, definitely try different HDMI cables. I had the worst problems with one set of HDMI cables I bought from MonoPrice, like flickering and cut off and all kinds of issues. Switched to a different set and everything works perfectly. And really isolate stuff so you aren't going through switches, receivers, etc first so you know the source (console) and the TV work together just fine before you start putting new stuff into the chain. But yeah, if after a few cables its still fucked then you probably got a bad TV :(

I'm very happy with my LG B7A, I think the HDR darkness issue can be tweaking by switching from game mode to cinema and getting more granular control over HDR but not sure if that effects input lag.

Nov 2, 2017
If you have a Fry's Electronics near you the 55" B7A is $1200 on Black Friday (tomorrow) and the 65" B7A is $1799 but you do need the Fry's offer code, you can sign up at the link below this paragraph. That price applied yesterday as well and a whole lot of people picked up their sets yesterday, I got the 55 B7A and they covered the tax as well so $1200 OTD was a steal. LG did bring up a new manufacturing plant this year so I'd expect more units to hit the market next year driving prices down. The big difference I noticed between the B7A and the C7 (brother has that) is the brown box packaging, the slightly different stand color, and some levels of ATMOS support in the B7A but I believe it still sends ATMOS to receivers.

Fry's daily spam email but includes discount code:
https://www.frys.com/workflow/AcctMaint/fryspromocom/subc.jsp

For the person having input problems, definitely try different HDMI cables. I had the worst problems with one set of HDMI cables I bought from MonoPrice, like flickering and cut off and all kinds of issues. Switched to a different set and everything works perfectly. And really isolate stuff so you aren't going through switches, receivers, etc first so you know the source (console) and the TV work together just fine before you start putting new stuff into the chain. But yeah, if after a few cables its still fucked then you probably got a bad TV :(

I'm very happy with my LG B7A, I think the HDR darkness issue can be tweaking by switching from game mode to cinema and getting more granular control over HDR but not sure if that effects input lag.

You're a good man. Don't anyone tell you different.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up the LG 55' OLED C7p last night, but I can not use it until Christmas. My mother put in some of the money for us, and she asked that my wife and I hold off on using it until Christmas because she wants to be able to have something for us under the tree... lol!

So, now I have to stare at this thing for a month...

Are there any youtube videos or sites out there that offer up some nice calibration settings for gaming?

Edit: Saw you have until January to return. I would still take top box off and plug in just to make sure no screen cracks or bends. I'm sure your mom would be fine with that.

Also my settings are: technicolor expert for both SDR and HDR.

-Leave everything off except DC on low for HDR.

-Dolby Vision don't touch anything

-SDR I use oled light around 60-70 default for technicolor is 80 but that's a bit bright for me. When I darken room turning it down to 40 works as well. Leave all processing off with SDR.

-Turn off TV eco mode ASAP as well

Also for the recommendations I apply each mode to all inputs. So all hdr is technicolor etc.

Technicolor OOTB has a real nice look and I've been sticking with that for my 65 E7. Just gorgeous.

This may be a late reply to you but it got my attention quick.

Please, under no circumstances don't leave it that long unless you bought it with an extended warranty or have that long to return.

If you don't have those tell your mom you need to at least boot it up and check if it works. Cause if there's a cracked screen or any other issues you will be stuck on Xmas calling lg support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.