1. Bazry

Bazry
    Member OP

This is completely nuts

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/amp/news/8...es-de-sa-sortie.htm?__twitter_impression=true

Google Translated

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.jeuxvideo.com/amp/news/855297/tennis-world-tour-le-jeu-n-etait-termine-qu-a-20-a-quelques-semaines-de-sa-sortie.htm?__twitter_impression=true&xid=25657,15700019,15700122,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700191,15700201

Quoting from other thread

Snippets:

- Games was only 20% complete weeks before release
    - Couldn't delay the game because of marketing and to get it out during French Open
    - Refined version planned for 2019
    - NEW game planned for 2020-2021
    - Game will meet expectations and be profitable because 500k shipped to distributors of which some have no right to return them
    - They want to increase their Meta score gradually and be in the 80s in the next few years

This seems really scummy, its was a full priced £49.99 game and is also still due out on Switch in a few weeks in who knows what condition

EDIT: It seems they've said this was a mis-translation and they meant the game was 20% feature complete, which is what I took it as anyway

2. Savantcore

Savantcore

What an absolute mess. They got their money back from this title but lost out on almost every possible sale on future games due to being a scumbag company.

And no one is going to go back and re-review it 'a few years' from now, are they crazy?

3. 30yearsofhurt

30yearsofhurt

This is not how you run a profitable business.

4. Loudninja

Loudninja

How is this possible?

5. Braaier

Braaier

lol wut

6. Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Deadlines gone too far.

7. Shibata100

Shibata100

Least switch owners were lucky to see how bad this is due to the switch delay.

Sounds like a car crash

8. pld

pld

I don't even want to know how the Switch version will look like that is supposed to launch soon-ish lol. You better watch out WWE 2k18 :eyes:

9. Ge0force

Ge0force

This is nuts. Let's hope people vote with their wallets against this mess.

10. Beje

Beje

So we're finally back to the 80's way of doing software?

11. How is it possible the game is still only 20% complete? They revealed it at E3 last year, didn't they - had development even begun at that point?!

12. Puroresu_kid

Puroresu_kid

Disgraceful

13. unicornKnight

unicornKnight

lol awesome, good luck convincing future customers

14. bombshell

bombshell

Why even say that publically lol

15. GHG

GHG

Should have released it on gamepass.

16. Guardians

Guardians

I can wait for Mario Tennis Aces :)

17. Yerffej

Yerffej

Wha?

18. JetSetRadio

JetSetRadio

The esports tournament at RG made the national news here, you should have seen that 30 seconds footage. I almost spit out my drink.

19. RossC

RossC

That...seems like a pretty short sighted strategy. I can't imagine the retailers being too keen to order large amounts of copies of the next game.

20. DarkDetective

DarkDetective

Now what if I told you Bigben is a publicly listed company? In Europe even! What the actual fuck!

I hope retailers will survive this financial hit and many even can take them to court! What a bunch of bastards. Blacklisted.

21. Loudninja

Loudninja

So nothing about trying to fix the actual game just wait for the new version we promise we do better?

22. Lol this is new.

23. T-Rex.

T-Rex.

Wew, glad I can cancel my PC order.

24. get2sammyb

get2sammyb

Why would anyone do business with these guys again? They're basically admitting that they scammed distributors/retailers? Unless I'm misunderstanding?

25. Rolodzeo

Rolodzeo

[​IMG]

26. This is crazy. Waiting till 2021 then.

27. Early Access games being released at retail.

I can’t.

28. GusZamboni

GusZamboni

Well, this company is done probably, this is totally shade

29. Hadok

Hadok

NICE !
    ....wait what?

30. Blue

Blue

Or you could just not support a shitty company that doesn't care about quality....

31. Noppie

Noppie

What benefit could come from announcing this publicly, lol.

32. Hamchan

Hamchan

The retailers will remember this.

33. Geoff

Geoff

Why would you say this in Le Monde? Also, why would you name your company Big Ben if you are French?

34. Dr. Caroll

Dr. Caroll

The 007: Legends of tennis games.

35. Zippo

Zippo

Thank goodness for Mario Tennis Aces.

36. [Sigma]

[Sigma]

Finesse of the year. Calling it now!!

37. Why would any company do this? Wanted to release before Mario tennis stripped away what little market they could have gotten?

38. DarkDetective

DarkDetective

As it stated in the OP, they wanted to release the game in time for the major tennis tournament Roland-Garros.

39. darkwing

darkwing

they should have put something like Early Access, Fortnite Save the World is the same

40. Legacy

Legacy

20%, that's actually insane.

41. Or i could do that...but i'm so hungry for a more realistic tennis game. Hope someone else steps in soon with a quality tennis simulator instead.

42. DarkDetective

DarkDetective

Buy Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for the Wii U. You'll love it.

43. wrowa

wrowa

Lol. If a retailer orders enough copies of a single game to go bankrupt then they've got no one to blame but themselves.

But that's only 20% complete as well.

44. Bazry

Bazry
    Member OP

If you want to do me a post with problems with the game, I can put it in the OP

I remember them releasing a John McEnroe trailer where he was using the wrong hand

45. byDoS

byDoS

HAHAHAAHAHAAHA

20% of a game for 40 bucks.

Yeah, they know the game industry alright.

[​IMG]

46. That's like loving 20% of Mario Tennis Aces.

47. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief
    Banned Member

The temerity to not just do that but to announce that they did that publicly... whew lad.

48. noyram23

noyram23

They fucked with their costumer and they fucked with their distributor. Good luck with your next games and this game's legs

49. As of right now, this is the hottest mess of 2018. The PR has been so bad for Tennis World Tour, especially now that they just said that the game is 20% complete while selling it full price!