• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
This is damage control buddy.

We know a 20% complete game doesn't look like that. It's an exaggeration but he meant to say the game didn't have much time in the oven.

You can't defend this. It's a travesty. An insult to the sport of tennis and it damages the possibilities of future quality tennis games.

Yes damage control indeed, clearly tried his best but there's only so much he could do without straight up lying.
It does say misrepresented and not mistranslated as well.

Last edited:

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Too bad it's such a disappointment.

I played a little bit Top Spin 4 today. Still great, but the backhand of Federer is too weak. I want to play with Neo Federer.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
That's crazy to hear, but makes sense. The game has a incomplete feel to it for sure. I must be insane though, because I have been enjoying the game a lot.

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
Yep, they meant it's only at 20% of planned content. In fact, they just officially announced the Roland Garros edition for 2019 ( a free content update) but people can choose to believe what they like.

OP
OP
Bazry

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/tennisworldtourgame/

Hello everyone,

We are sorry to inform you that, due to setbacks in the validation of the day one patch, we have to further postpone the digital Nintendo Switch version of Tennis World Tour and we aim for 26 July as the final release date. We will confirm the exact date as soon as we can.

The retail version of the game however might already be on shelves in some local stores.
Should you purchase a retail copy before the digital release, please be aware that the DLC included in the Legends Edition as well as the pre-order bonus will not work until the final release of the digital version.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you and we thank you for your patience.

Unbelievable

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
Time will tell if they keep their word on the continued support via patches , but one month in and it's not looking so good.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
The library bought a copy or two and had it the other day. I decided not to bother after reading this thread.

It's too bad, because good tennis games are few and far between.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The finished version in 2019 will fix everything. Right guys? Right?...

Even if it does, there's no fucking way I'm buying this crooks' game. Yeah, sucks for the devs and "regular folks" who just worked on the game and have nothing to do with the marketing decisions but at the end of the day you know you vote with your wallet, and I'm not supporting this outrageous behavior by giving a single dime to this publisher.

Last edited:

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
Even if it does, there's no fucking way I'm buying this crooks' game. Yeah, sucks for the devs and "regular folks" who just worked on the game and have nothing to do with the marketing decisions but at the end of the day you know you vote with your wallet, and I'm not supporting this outrageous behavior by giving a single dime to this publisher.

It's a catch 22 though....and i'd agree with you on any other franchise or series game, but there hasn't been a tennis game in 8 years and if we don't support them then chances are slim for ANY other tennis game.

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
June came and went, and no online addition. Another promise missed and nothing but radio silence from the team in a few weeks now.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just saw they released the game on the Nintendo eShop today at least in the US. $60 for the game or $75 for the Legends Edition. The nerves of these devs lol

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
It's garbage. They patched it a little bit but made no gameplay improvements or fixed the horrible audio/lifeless atmosphere. They mostly worked on making the online mode somewhat functional.

Considering it came out almost 6 months ago, we ain't seeing any "refined version" anytime soon.

Stick to AO if you're just too thirsty for a tennis game. Or Mario Tennis on Switch obviously.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Mario Tennis in simple mode is the best tennis simulator we have and even that game is struggling online. Absolute dogshit generation got tennis games.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey you might as well milk every cent you can out of the few people who will buy this.

Pretty much, I mean this news only travelled so far, even on this forum you had a few pages worth of discussion. Chances are most people buying it will not know how busted it is, so they'll try and milk some more people.

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
Well they claim that there was a reason for the lack of work and communication BUT now things are back on track ......