• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So close!

01366316-a541-4281-abtj3i.jpeg

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My highest place is #3. That was my first game.

Now I'm lucky to hit #8 x_x
The final 10 becomes vicious.

ColonelT

Oct 27, 2017
So wait.... when four pieces drop instantly from the top without me touching anything, that's not an attack, that's the crummy pro controller d-pad?

mntorankusu

Nov 13, 2017
I just won! Wow. It wasn't some silly fluke, either. I was going 1-on-1 with the final guy for what seemed like minutes. Crazy.

m4hASg5.jpg

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I just won! Wow. It wasn't some silly fluke, either. I was going 1-on-1 with the final guy for what seemed like minutes. Crazy.

m4hASg5.jpg
Had a similar experience. Took almost as long 1 on 1 than it took clearing out the other 97. Blocks were falling fast as fuck near the end, but managed to get 2 tetrisses in a row and than it was just a matter of time before the other dude messed up. Victory felt crazy sweet.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
What's the general strategy for targeting opponents? I feel like I've been doing fairly well, but I've barely even touched the right analog stick.
I start random, switch to ko after a while or when I have tetrisses lined up. If I am under attack I go into counteroffensive. It can be very effective when your being dogpiled. Never targeted badges for now.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Me when I slide undetected into the Top 20 with barely any KOs and everyone realises I suck at Tetris:

06f8385c93b5444045819dd9f7101845.gif

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Oh my god I would love to play in Team Battle. I'm getting excited.

But man this game stresses me out. I've got 3 wins so far, and a bunch of top 3's.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
The Switch's shitty d-pad making me fast drop pieces is driving me crazy. I have never hated this plasticky piece of shit more than now.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Damn the girlfriend is keeping the Switch for herself. I'm glad she doesn't really know you can undock it and continue playing.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
So far I'm liking it a lot. Haven't won any matches yet but I KO'd someone. I went into this game blind without knowing how the combat works so the first match I played I was so confused. All I heard was these gunshot/explosion sounds and my board getting stacked with grey blocks. I think I was being targeted by multiple people, I felt like Murphy at the beginning of RoboCop when he gets blasted by everyone.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Had several people (randomly?) targeting me at the start of a game, so I switched to attackers targeting for the first time ever. Won the game with 20 KOs!

Nov 27, 2017
California
There needs to be an unranked mode because I'm level 15 and my brother is getting destroyed because he's using my profile and not used to a ton of people attacking him due to the high level lol

Highest I've gotten was 2nd two times and lots of top ten finishes but no #1

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Won another match and then my pro controller immediately died before the results screen came up. Clutch controller, get your rest.

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
I have the game downloaded to my SD card, and yet my Switch says that it's storing around 300MB on the internal memory as "update data". I know save files are always on the internal memory, but it's not that, so what the heck could it be? Usually all update data would go to the SD card by default, and the game hasn't even had any updates yet.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Just had a 20-KO victory.

Sometimes I feel like being multi-targeted at the start of the match is advantageous, especially if none of those players are experts. I think I scored about 5 KOs with an opening 4-wide against those attackers, and the power boost I got from that was enough to steamroll through the rest of the match by building cleanly, never letting up on the pace, and wiping out garbage through Tetrises since everyone with Badge targeting had locked onto me by that point.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018

Sometimes I feel like being multi-targeted at the start of the match is advantageous, especially if none of those players are experts. I think I scored about 5 KOs with an opening 4-wide against those attackers, and the power boost I got from that was enough to steamroll through the rest of the match by building cleanly, never letting up on the pace, and wiping out garbage through Tetrises since everyone with Badge targeting had locked onto me by that point.

Yeah, this is one of the greatest things of this game.

To win is a 50% of skill playing Tetris.

And a 50% of skills creating a strategy against other players, by using the targeting system.

Normally, only by using a good strategy, changing the target of your attacks depending on the current situation and by not making mistakes, it's easy to reach the TOP 10.

And once in the TOP 10, only those with skills in Tetris will be able to reach the TOP 3 or a victory.

Normally, I struggle in this last part :)

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I reached 2nd last night. Never been good at Tetris and I'm not exactly sure what I did right. I do know that I switched my targets depending on the situation.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Just got 25 th my first time playing. I had no idea what attacking was or how to do it. The game became so fast towards the end it was insane. I need to figure out what I'm doing lol...

Last edited:

rafa

Oct 27, 2017
Just got 25 h my first time playing. I had no idea what attacking or how to. The game became so fast towards the end it was insane. I need figure out what I'm doing lol...
It definitely ramps up when you hit about 25 people left. I can fairly consistently get top 10 now, but going any farther than that is a STRUGGLE.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, actually managed to win. 9 K.O.s, and somehow got a T-Spin Mini when I can barely remember how to do one. Was definitely feeling the heat near the end when I was healthy and so few people left. Very intense on the final two when I realized I actually had a chance. At that point I was playing defense more than anything else, and I guess my opponent wasn't in a great situation. First Battle Royale I've ever won.

S2PID

Oct 31, 2017

4 wide is so good lol I've been rebuilding and spamming them all the way to the top 10. The damage output becomes so good with the badge boosts that you don't have to care about targeting or getting targeted anymore.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
4 wide is so good lol I've been rebuilding and spamming them all the way to the top 10. The damage output becomes so good with the badge boosts that you don't have to care about targeting or getting targeted anymore.

Would you mind breaking down what you mean?

I finally just got to play. 3rd place my first game. 4th place my second game. Then like 30+ the next six. I have no idea what the "strategy" is, and what the "damage boosts" mean.

I'm legit targeted by like 5 or 6 people at the very beginning of a match sometimes. I'll get 8+ lines dumped on me even if I get 3 Tetris in a row within the first minute.

Would love some guidance!

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I'm still poor at rebuilding c4w from a messy field, but then I realized that s4w is viable for a long time because you're just not likely to have many other competent players targeting you until the late game.

EDIT: I think the biggest handicap for 4w in this game is that it's impossible to see the bottom of the stack clearly when you have more than half a dozen people targeting you lol.

Would you mind breaking down what you mean?
S2PID actually narrates this tutorial. :V

Further reading:
https://harddrop.com/wiki/Combo_Setups#Four_Column_Combo_Setup_.28.224-Wide.22.29

Last edited:

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This game is legitimately addicting once you start playing; I wonder how many people are going to end up purchasing NSO or a Switch just for this game. People are big Tetris fans.

My older brother is thinking of finally getting NSO primarily just for this game. It's like the equivalent of Rocket League to PSN back when that launched. If only there could be a new Tetris 99 or Rocket League released every month for every platform.