• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a hypothetical:

Say Disney decides to release the original trilogy in its original theatrical presentation. What special edition changes would you like to see retained if any? For me, the only positive change I can think of is the emperor's appearance in The Empire Strikes Back.
None. All that people want is to have access to both versions. There's no need to mix the two. The special editions can continue to exist.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
None. All that people want is to have access to both versions. There's no need to mix the two. The special editions can continue to exist.
They could do a cut of A New Hope that replaces Luke with a talking cat for all I care, as long as the original version is available.

I'm not sure what about that is so difficult

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Article detailing all the specific changes to ANH 4K: https://thedigitalbits.com/featured/articles/sw-new-hope-disneyplus-4k-2019/page-3

Drew of Star Wars Visual Comparisons gave it a look through.

(I still think it's totally weird that Lucas thought the only solution to R2 being too obvious/visible in that scene was to put rocks in front of him instead of just like...moving him back deeper into shadow. Which is way easier and also way less disruptive.)
((or he could have done nothing at all because it was fine))

MACLUNKEY

TheBahaBlast

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this because it didn't occur for me to check, but "maclunkey" is in the Google Play version as well. I had bought that version maybe 3 years ago and now its there. So this affects everybody's digital streaming copy.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I think the redone effects shots actually bring the colour pallette of the film closer to the originals'. I personally don't mind about the Gredo scene as I grew up on the 97 version but if I could have all of the 4k effects and take out the Hayden Christian force ghost out of end of return of the Jedi I would be at peace with the force