TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Thought this was Callisto Protocol, the Dead Space spiritual successor, when I first saw thread title. Anyone else?

Anyway, game looks neat, I'll check out the demo

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
Plays great with mouse and keyboard. The menus aren't slow at all, same with loading times and overall gameplay style, I don't feel like I'm playing a traditional JRPG in the good sense of the phrase. The story looks interesting although I'm confused, but I imagine that is normal with the set-up it has. Great combat as well. Might play it on PC, might play it on Switch if it looks good there and there's a physical version, it depends.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Plays great with mouse and keyboard. The menus aren't slow at all, same with loading times and overall gameplay style, I don't feel like I'm playing a traditional JRPG in the good sense of the phrase. The story looks interesting although I'm confused, but I imagine that is normal with the set-up it has. Great combat as well. Might play it on PC, might play it on Switch if it looks good there and there's a physical version, it depends.
I found a ps5 physical version online, although not from my own country. Seems like it's not physical everywhere. And maybe not every platform either?

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Runs great on PS5 in perf mode, havent tried the other yet. Really dig the gameplay, reminds me of Growlanser.

The 3D models are definitely lacking though unfortunately.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I think I'm going to enjoy the game a great deal. Hopefully the utterly generic setup gives way to an interesting story, but at least the characters show promise and the gameplay is fun.

Biggest gripe so far? The brief audio clips they pair with text are often hopelessly inappropriate. Waltaquin saying "tee hee hee hee" as she talks about getting a signed death warrant? Ummm. Either she's a really broken individual or they just didn't care what went with what. There have been plenty of immersion-breaking examples elsewhere, too. "No no no no!" exclaims the individual who is agreeing with you, and so forth. It's ... bizarre.

finchy

Oct 27, 2017
U.K
Played the demo on ps5, seems really fun will pre order soon as i can. Is the narrator Geralts voice actor?sounds like him.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
It's crashing every 10 minutes for me on PC. 3 crashes to desktop in 30 minutes. No other game I have does that.

Is it happening to anyone else? I'm using a 5900x and a 3080 with 512.95 drivers

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
This game has the same bug with the Oculus Software installed that Stray had. If you have Oculus installed on your PC, you need to open it first, then run the game, or else it will not start.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think I'm going to enjoy the game a great deal. Hopefully the utterly generic setup gives way to an interesting story, but at least the characters show promise and the gameplay is fun.

Biggest gripe so far? The brief audio clips they pair with text are often hopelessly inappropriate. Waltaquin saying "tee hee hee hee" as she talks about getting a signed death warrant? Ummm. Either she's a really broken individual or they just didn't care what went with what. There have been plenty of immersion-breaking examples elsewhere, too. "No no no no!" exclaims the individual who is agreeing with you, and so forth. It's ... bizarre.

This bothered me at one point two. Was talking to a dude with a plague mask and every box of dialog had him saying something but it wasn't what the dialog box said at all. It was really throwing me off since it was more than just the usual throw away noise.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Someone yesterday said the KBM controls are not good... strongly disagree. I played through the demo on PS5 yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit, and I'm trying it on PC now, and the KBM controls are exactly what I want. Real mouse support, with dragging and clicking. Some of the default binds are a bit strange, but they are all changeable in the menu. Having units on the numkeys is wonderful, as well.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy with the game on Switch đź‘Ť played on handheld mode and feels better than some Switch exclusives. I wonder if it was the lead platform
VBXOL09.gif

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit on PC:

- No wonder the Deck suffers with the first cutscene, because i had 100% gpu utilization on my desktop.
- The resolution is locked to your desktop resolution (1080p for me), so no supersampling for me. I only could change it in windowed mode, and only to 720p.
- There isn't a CA option, but the config file can be edited so not a big deal. I also disabled dof in the same config file.

1711500_2022081023490pocq9.png
1711500_2022081023495ojf57.png

(These screenshots look blurry because i used TAA)

Funny that i just noticed that the game rendered at 2160x1080 (i have a 2560x1080 monitor).

I have the same problem (on pc, that is).

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I just played for a little more than the first two missions and this seems super cool? I am kind of shocked. I knew nothing about this game before the demo. I will finish the demo first but this might have shot up as a day 1 purchase.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it.

Took me quite a few restarts to get the game running at 4k. It doesn't seem to behave well with the overclock mode of my monitor, same as Valorant which is also a UE4 game.

The initial cutscenes drops to 50fps in my 3070, gameplay is 90fps and the first area in which you control the character outside battle 120fps. 4k maxed minus RT, no FSR. It's a DX12 game and it seems to have shader stutter.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Level 15 is the cap for the demo.

You can play the entire Chapter 1. The demo will ask you to save once you finish it. At this point, if you load up this save, you won't be able to continue until the full game. Instead, an auto save is made during the last fight. Loading this up, you can exit the fight and go back to base. Then, you can do whatever else you want to do. Just remember to finish whatever grinding you wanna do before the last fight if you're trying to be extra prepared for the full game.

The skill tree doesn't unlock new skills but rather, you level up the skills you have on your weapons.

AP points, (used to unlock character abilities) are earned when leveling up. 10 AP is the max you can earn in the demo. Costs 5,000 G to reset and refund points.

SP points (used for the Skill Tree) are earned after a mission if you complete certain objectives or as unit rank rewards. Costs 10,000 G to reset and refund points.

Someone can confirm but I think each character gets the full amount of XP after a battle? Only the secondary character in a pairing gets lower XP.

Things to do in the demo?

-Level up everyone.
-Grind for Gold to reset your skill tree/abilities (if you wanna try different things out), buy different pieces of equipment or just stockpile a bunch of gold for the main game. (Just an fyi, the most a mission will give you is 800G.)
-Do each Practice Battle and complete each objective.

Speaking of Practice Battles, I wish you could skip all the cutscenes/text right away. Annoying to go through it each and every time. I also wish you can speed up battles a little more.

Overall, really really impressed with this game. Got a good 3 and a half hours out of it. Definitely there day 1!

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Mouse and Keyboard controls, but I definitely feel the game LOOKS better on PS5. Menu assets were sharper and more vibrant, and the PC version for me keeps having this weird shadow-ish effect on hair in cutscenes that is really distracting (With everything maxed out and RT turned off).

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Got a freeze move for the healer and then used the archers formation move and unloaded

Some pretty cool combos already

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
KB/M controls are good. someone said it wasn't? IDK if they they are used to it but it felt
intuitive. Doesn't feel clunky.

It's crashing every 10 minutes for me on PC. 3 crashes to desktop in 30 minutes. No other game I have does that.

Is it happening to anyone else? I'm using a 5900x and a 3080 with 512.95 drivers
nope. but im also running 516.94

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019
This wasn't on my radar until today. Tried the demo on the Switch and was pleasantly surprised. From the opening cutscene I thought I was getting into a Fire Emblem clone, then it sharply diverges into something else entirely. The tone and pace of the story has also garnered my attention so far, so this is looking like a day 1.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit on PC:

- No wonder the Deck suffers with the first cutscene, because i had 100% gpu utilization on my desktop.
- The resolution is locked to your desktop resolution (1080p for me), so no supersampling for me. I only could change it in windowed mode, and only to 720p.
- There isn't a CA option, but the config file can be edited so not a big deal. I also disabled dof in the same config file.

1711500_2022081023490pocq9.png
1711500_2022081023495ojf57.png

(These screenshots look blurry because i used TAA)

Funny that i just noticed that the game rendered at 2160x1080 (i have a 2560x1080 monitor).

I have the same problem (on pc, that is).
Where's the config file located in the game directory?

Annoying that the resolution locks to your native. Really wish more games would let me super sample without any tinkering.

How to remove chromatic aberration and depth of field on PC

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the config file located in the game directory?

Annoying that the resolution locks to your native. Really wish more games would let me super sample without any tinkering.
<User>\AppData\Local\DFC\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

If you want to remove the chromatic aberration and the depth of field add these lines to Engine.ini:

[SystemSettings] r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
And i dont really know if it locks to your desktop or just 1080p, but yeah, you can't change it.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Played for about two and a half hours. The combat is pretty good and the battle environments are nice. Characters and story aren't landing for me so far though. It all just feels like it's retreading ground from other games rather than being its own thing. There isn't any hook so far that's reeling me in. It really just feels like Fire Emblem Three Houses with faster paced combat, which will be appealing for some people but personally it just feels a little too familiar but without the interesting assortment of characters that Fire Emblem has. The combat in this is fun though, and there seems to be quite a bit of depth to it. You can see how chaotic and quick battles will get towards the final few missions of the chapter. Seems like it'll be a decent game to pick up later on sale but I wouldn't get it day one.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Thread Mark is wrong .

It was 4k(prioritize graphics) by default on ps5 for me. I don't have any system preferences set either.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017

If you want to remove the chromatic aberration and the depth of field add these lines to Engine.ini:

And i dont really know if it locks to your desktop or just 1080p, but yeah, you can't change it.
Thanks! It locks me to 1440p too so yeah, just locks to whatever resolution your desktop is set to I guess.

Anyone else getting some weird hair shimmering specifically in cutscenes in the briefing room?

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting some weird hair shimmering specifically in cutscenes in the briefing room?
Yeah. Other than supersampling, try with TAA, but drop the quality a little bit, because TAA tends to blur the image.

EDIT: You can also add some sharpening to the image by adding this to the same file as before:
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1

Last edited:

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah. Other than supersampling, try with TAA, but drop the quality a little bit, because TAA tends to blur the image.

EDIT: You can also add some sharpening to the image by adding this to the same file as before:
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1

Nvidia folks don't forget you can Alt-F3 and use the nvidia sharpener and get even more granularity with the level of sharpness.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The name of your archer: Iscarion Colchester
The name of your tank: Izelair Wigen
The name of your gold: guld

lol I hate this

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Played an hour, game is great. They bombard you with story, but the gamplay is awesome. A weird JRPG RTS I never knew I wanted. And it's really stylish considering the clearly low budget they had to work with (even though the overdid it with the chromatic abberation).

Dumb question, but should this game really be using 99% of a 3080 at 4K?

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

Any idea how to get there on Deck?

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Yeaaaaaaah, this game is really fun. Weird combination of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics, but everything is in real time. Beat a bunch of levels, had a good time. Will keep an eye on this one.

Trigger