• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Did they mention this anywhere, I haven't seen an tweets regarding it...

I haven't seen mentioned officially but people are posting about it on the subreddit.

Unfortunately, reading some of the more recent posts it sounds like the mission shows up on the map but people can't get it to start so maybe it wont be active after all. =(

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Chem launcher skill is on the technical test, hopefully it'll be in the beta next week.

A sucker for a trailer and for anyone wanting to go in completely blind there is possible spoilers in this endgame trailer.
It also looks 99.9% certain the raid location is confirmed as well in the first few seconds and later throughout the trailer you see areas relating to it for split seconds. Black tusk have got some proper op shit :) there's quite abit in this we haven't seen.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The complete lack of public demo/beta seems weird to me, always every game of this ilk has one these days.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

First (brief) look at specialization skill trees from IGN. Skip to 2:30ish.

I feel like we need a Division 2 pre-launch megathread for all the tidbits that keep dropping.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The pvt beta got updated for open beta

JPEG_20190223_103413.jpg

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where are your guys' hype levels at for The Division 2? I'm more excited for it after seeing Anthem bomb critically - I've now decided to sell my copy of Anthem instead of playing it.

I really enjoyed The Division for its single player content. I've been on media blackout for The Division 2: have some pretty big improvements been made since the launch of The Division (I sold it after beating all of the single player stuff at launch)? Has even more focus been placed on story, increased content, etc?

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Where are your guys' hype levels at for The Division 2? I'm more excited for it after seeing Anthem bomb critically - I've now decided to sell my copy of Anthem instead of playing it.

I really enjoyed The Division for its single player content. I've been on media blackout for The Division 2: have some pretty big improvements been made since the launch of The Division (I sold it after beating all of the single player stuff at launch)? Has even more focus been placed on story, increased content, etc?
Regardless of Anthem bombing or not my group of friends was going to get the division 2. After the beta, it feels like more of the same in a good way.

The story is still a strong part and the end game has it's own unique story that's kinda directly tied into the main plot. If you sold the original after the launch content, then you missed a ton of new stuff from the first game. If they bring that over to the 2nd game then the amount of content they'll have should give you plenty to do. However, some of the more exciting stuff is the multiplayer content.

Last edited:

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the story with the division 1 plus the soundtrack went so well with it so yeah bring on number 2

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

After playing the private beta and the technical test, I'm very hyped.
I was going to get The Division 2 anyway regardless of how would Anthem do, because I really like the previous game, but the betas were so much better than I expected. There are improvements everywhere, movement, combat, loot, activities on offer, skills, setting... I expect this to be a great game.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
i didnt get into the techtest :(
I got in, but the only time I had to play I got Mike_01 errors every time I tried to log in so I didn't get to play. :(

The beta has done great at getting me hyped up for the game. Had a lot of fun with the first game, but I hadn't played since before 1.8 and the beta reminded me of what it was like. Still prefer the snow covered New York over summer sun Washington so far, but after 10 minutes or so I forgot about it and was just having fun shooting people again.

Really hoping that the "adjusted difficulty" listed above isn't just nerfing everything. I thought the difficulty was in a good spot and was definitely easier in a group.

Jan 20, 2019
Im really happy for massive.

I stuck with the Division 1 for a long time and the team really diserves another win, i hope the game sells well and gets good reviews.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
The exact start/end times for the public beta aren't up yet it seems?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna hold off from the beta anyway, makes the full game feel fresher come release...

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
The exact start/end times for the public beta aren't up yet it seems?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna hold off from the beta anyway, makes the full game feel fresher come release...

I'm at the same point... I don't want to keep playing the same area and quests as I did in the private beta.

I will just wait for release, and it feels like it is taking forever to get here.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm super hyped for The Division 2. Played and completed the first game in 113 hours as a solo lone wolf. Will do the same with the sequel. Division 2 is more of the same but just way better. Everything seems to have been improved from the first game. Game will be picked up on day one and can easily see myself putting 100+ hours into the game. Looking forward to March 15th.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Here's to hoping they fix the connectivity issues so my friends and I actually can buy this lol

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017

Played and enjoyed the original and the promo videos for this have me hyped. I really want a loot game to play and this looked very good - especially when I ran through anthem and got bored already. This looks like the first one of these loot shooters that is gonna be packed with stuff to do right out of the gate

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear I don't have to pre order the game to get into the open Beta correct? and I really haven't been keeping up with the game a whole lot but I hope we get to see or hear more about Aaron Keener because not seeing him in The Division 1 really bum me out.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
in the beta i found voice messages from him

He has a lot to answer for with the division he created between agents in the first game so I'm hoping I will eventually get the chance to put him down for his crimes in the first game thou I suspect they will keep him around as a Boogeyman for the franchise.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to jump back into The Division 1 again, and I very quickly remembered why I quit playing. Whatever they did to the spawn system is 1.8 is so incredibly bad. Mobs will just spawn right behind you moments after you cleared out an area and the spawns are also infinite until you complete certain objectives. Completely and utterly fucked.

They didn't seem to do this in TD2 and I genuinely hope it stays that way, because I uninstalled TD1 about an hour after starting it again.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to jump back into The Division 1 again, and I very quickly remembered why I quit playing. Whatever they did to the spawn system is 1.8 is so incredibly bad. Mobs will just spawn right behind you moments after you cleared out an area and the spawns are also infinite until you complete certain objectives. Completely and utterly fucked.

They didn't seem to do this in TD2 and I genuinely hope it stays that way, because I uninstalled TD1 about an hour after starting it again.

what mission is this? incursion?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
what mission is this? incursion?

Just in free roam. Once when I was retrieving a phone recording in the club at the pier. Walked in, empty building, then on my way out I got taken by surprise when I turned around and the building was suddenly full of mobs. And again when I was trying to disable a jamming device in what looked like a mall, also in the new LZ area. Enemies kept spawning constantly and also right behind me when I walked a few steps forward or turned away.

Just booked it to the jamming device to destroy it since I was literally running out of ammo after about 10 minutes of non-stop assault, died right after because I was totally overwhelmed, returned to collect drops, and tried to stop the hacking attempt. Then, I was suddenly encircled even though I checked + cleared the area and was covering the only point of entry. I kept checking my radar to be sure I wasn't being flanked and I was fine until suddenly there was a dude unloading on me. It was on a rooftop and I couldn't find a way they could've gotten up the side of the building while I was checking the one entry point to the roof.

I distinctly recall something very similar happening to me several times when I played it around 1.8's release, and I got really frustrated then too.

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just in free roam. Once when I was retrieving a phone recording in the club at the pier. Walked in, empty building, then on my way out I got taken by surprise when I turned around and the building was suddenly full of mobs. And again when I was trying to disable a jamming device in what looked like a mall, also in the new LZ area. Enemies kept spawning constantly and also right behind me when I walked a few steps forward or turned away.

Just booked it to the jamming device to destroy it since I was literally running out of ammo after about 10 minutes of non-stop assault, died right after because I was totally overwhelmed, returned to collect drops, and tried to stop the hacking attempt. Then, I was suddenly encircled even though I checked + cleared the area and was covering the only point of entry. I kept checking my radar to be sure I wasn't being flanked and I was fine until suddenly there was a dude unloading on me. It was on a rooftop and I couldn't find a way they could've gotten up the side of the building while I was checking the one entry point to the roof.

I distinctly recall something very similar happening to me several times when I played it around 1.8's release, and I got really frustrated then too.

West side piers as a new area was designed for 'geared-up' players. The mobs are relentless and spawn everywhere, and often.

If you're not running a classy gear set at WSP on tier 5, you're not going to have a good time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
West side piers as a new area was designed for 'geared-up' players. The mobs are relentless and spawn everywhere, and often.

If you're not running a classy gear set at WSP on tier 5, you're not going to have a good time.

Yeah, I noticed. World tier 5 but I was running a set of 2x predator, 2x striker, and the ninja backpack (one or two of those might have been classified but not all). It's just the west side pier then where that's happening? Was trying to explore the area since I hadn't spent as much time in it as the rest, but it was hellish because of the spawns.