• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland
If you can't find groups in the official Division discord, try looking for some in the community discord.

Regarding the raid, it depends on the group. It can last up to 3 hours or less than 3 hours if you play with a competent group.

As for gearing, you should stock up as much DtE (Including the DtE attribute from masks), AWD, and HSD as you can.
Thanks, can you un-code some of those acronyms?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
My two fear about MM raid is that everyone will finish it with no reason to replay it, so I wont find a match. So hopefully its repeatable and gives better drops than normal missions. Like, if you can beat it fast enough itll be a better source of drops than other missions.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I only play the game occasionally now as there's nothing to really do. I got excited when I heard they added MM to the raid, but you can't get the raid gear. Like, wtf are they doing. If you can't get the reward from doing the thing, why would you do the thing? God this is so stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For The Raid + easier difficulty + matchmaking but no chance at the raid loot, I'm fine with it, honestly. Gives people a chance to learn the mechanics before jumping into the harder version to get a chance at the loot. I like that there's stuff to aim for still, like the Exotics at 500 Gear Score dropping from Heroic bosses and the raid on Heroic. The game on hard + challenging is pretty easy throughout.

Also excited about the new expeditions/missions and little quality of life updates the game is adding (like crafting table getting up to 500, telling you what piece of gear mods are attached to before deconstructing, flashlight on the pistol, blueprints being shared across characters, Cassie selling 500 gear score items, holding down to interact prioritized over reload etc).

Sounds like the skills aren't fully working out the way people wanted on the PTS due to the long default cooldown times. Lots of stories on reddit where, yes, the skills are able to do more damage, considerably more than they used to, but are unable to hit those numbers with a decent cooldown time, so that the DPS is actually similar or less than it used to be. I imagine that will be tweaked before it goes live, though.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to farm better green gear, is there any pattern to who can drop what? I've only received one green holster and it's my weakest component so would like to replace that but not sure if there's a specific mission I should be working on.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Trying to farm better green gear, is there any pattern to who can drop what? I've only received one green holster and it's my weakest component so would like to replace that but not sure if there's a specific mission I should be working on.
Invaded Missions and Black Tusk enemies in ODZ drop TP (True Patriot) and OD (Ongoing Directive). You get blueprints for HW (Hard Wired) pieces by doing the project that requires you to donate HW parts from certain missions. They drop regardless if they're invaded or not

Raid drops pieces and blueprints for Aces and Eights (Sharpshooter set), Tip of the Spear (Survivalist set), and Negotiator's Dilemma (Demolitionist set) on a weekly basis

Personally, I'd say don't bother with the Gear Sets as they're underwhelming atm. You're better off making high-end builds

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Invaded Missions and Black Tusk enemies in ODZ drop TP (True Patriot) and OD (Ongoing Directive). You get blueprints for HW (Hard Wired) pieces by doing the project that requires you to donate HW parts from certain missions. They drop regardless if they're invaded or not

Raid drops pieces and blueprints for Aces and Eights (Sharpshooter set), Tip of the Spear (Survivalist set), and Negotiator's Dilemma (Demolitionist set) on a weekly basis

Personally, I'd say don't bother with the Gear Sets as they're underwhelming atm. You're better off making high-end builds

I've got a full set of Ongoing Directive and have been liking the free magic bullets and auto ammo pickup, would just like slightly better gear. Haven't really explored high-end builds, but will consider it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
State Of The Game as posted by JokerUnique over on Reddit. Good changes on the PTS that should make it closer to what people want from the game on the skill side.

State of the Game
This week's State of the Game focused on the PTS and Title Update 5

Scheduled Maintenance Thursday
  • Fixed an issue preventing players to pick up Specialization ammunition.
Title Update 5 PTS

=> Changes Overview
=> Patch Notes
=> Phases Overview

Phase 1 Survey / Feedback
You can fill out the Survey about the two new missions here: Link

Phase 1 Feedback Thread: Link

Phase 2: Raid Discovery Mode - Washington National Airport
The Washington National Airport Discovery Mode Raid is now available on the PTS and we would like to gather your feedback regarding the new difficulty mode.

As a reminder, matchmaking will be available for this difficulty. Gear sets, as well as the Eagle Bearer Exotic, are not included in the loot pool for Discovery Mode. The exact rewards are still being finalized at the moment.

=> Feedback Thread

Pending PTS Updates
Skill Changes
Not all skill changes are active at the moment – there will be an additional PTS patch that will add the following Skill changes:

Lowered the base cooldown of the following skills
  • Scanner Pulse from 90 seconds to 40
  • Remote Pulse 120 to 60
  • Jammer Pulse 120 to 90
  • Assault Turret 120 to 60
  • Incinerator Turret 120 to 90
  • Sniper Turret 240 to 60
  • Artillery Turret 240 to 60
  • Restorer Hive 240 to 90
  • Stinger Hive 240 to 90
  • Booster Hive 240 to 90
  • Burster Firefly 90 to 60
  • Demolisher Firefly 90 to 60
  • Explosive Seeker Mine 90 to 60
  • Cluster Seeker Mine 60 to 40
  • Mender Seeker Mine 180 to 60
  • Striker Drone 180 to 60
  • Bombardier Drone 120 to 60
  • Fixer Drone 180 to 60
  • Tactician Drone 180 to 60
  • Bulwark Shield 240 to 40
  • Crusader Shield 240 to 40
  • Deflector Shield 240 to 40
Shield
  • Increased base health of all Shields by 15%
  • Changed the shields regeneration to now be percentage based (base 5% hp/s while holstered and 2.5% while deployed).
Sniper Turret
  • Changed the base ammo for sniper turret from 5 to 15 and mortar turret ammo from 4 to 10.
Bombardier Drone
  • Increased bombardier drone bomb blast radius from 4 to 5 meters.
Seeker Mine
  • Increased base damage of Explosive Seeker Mine by 14%
Firefly
  • Decreased base damage of Burster and Demolisher Firefly by 25%
Brand Set Changes
  • Increased Alps Summit Armament 1-piece Skill Haste bonus from 10% to 20%
  • Increased China Light Industries Corporation 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from 10% to 30%
  • Increased Petrov Defense Group 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from 10% to 30%
Gear Set Changes
  • Increased Tip of the Spear 3-piece Skill Haste bonus from 20% to 40%
Gear Attributes, Mods and Skill Mods
  • Increased the amount of Skill Haste gained from utility attribute rolls by an additional 25%
  • Doubled the amount of Skill Haste provided by all Skill Haste skill mods
  • Increased Hive Network Firewall Radius from +60% to +100%
  • Increased Turret Cyclone Magazine Mortar Ammo from +4 to +20
  • Increased Turret Ammo Box Extra Mortar Ammo from +4 to +20
  • Increased Turret Ammo Box Extra Sniper Ammo from +6 to +30
  • Increased Firefly Tungsten Compound and Guiding System Max Targets from +3 to +5
Other Title Update 5 Changes / Clarification
Crafting bench Upgrade
  • You can now craft at GS 500 – so all crafted items are GS 500
  • You will need to upgrade the Crafting Bench for that
  • Players already on World Tier 5 will get that Upgrade just by login in
  • Players that still have to get to WT5 will need to find a gear and weapon item with GS 490 or more to use in the upgrade process. (This way it does not go too fast)
  • So crafting is now viable in the endgame gear economy
Recalibration
  • You can now use crafted items to recalibrate from and to
Crafting Materials
  • Every time you deconstruct a branded item, you will also get 1 guaranteed branded material from that.
  • So even when you don't use an item, it will still help you in the crafting progression
  • Deconstructing Gear Sets will give you specialized (blue) materials
How to get Blueprints
  • Blueprints are now shared between all activities that grant Blueprints.
    • This means you can get all Blueprints from Control Point Alert Level 3 + 4, there's no longer a limited pool for that activity.
    • You can still buy Blueprints from Inaya and get them from Projects.
Blueprints can be shared between characters
  • Once you hit World Tier 1 you can buy a perk from Inaya that will allow you to share the blueprints between every character that also has this perk.
  • So it is optional to share blueprints between your characters
Clarification: Exotics dropping from Heroic bosses with TU5
  • The Eagle Bearer cannot drop from Heroic bosses, even if you already own it. It's exclusive to the raid.
  • The player must have the blueprint for the crafted ones before they drop
    • Liberty
    • The Chatterbox
    • Nemesis
    • Dodge City Gunslinger's Holster
  • The Discovery mode of the Raid will also not drop the Eagle Bearer.
  • You also have to get the Diamondback Rifle the intended way before it can drop from Heroic Bosses.
Shotguns
  • They got feedback that Shotguns are a bit weak in PVE, so they plan to address that.
  • In PVE they will get stronger and on PVP they will get a bit weaker.
  • Specifics have not been revealed yet
Exotic Buff
  • They removed the random armor and damage value on the Exotic weapons and items
  • Now when you get (or already have one) it will be buffed to the max
  • So you will no longer get strange or lower damage values when you change the GS of an item – once you have an exotic, it will be your companion.
Gun Runner
  • Will now sell GS 500 items (also Exotics and Named Items)

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
LUL still no word on the barber bug from months ago, So new players dont create a character than use the barber feature as theres a chance you'll turn into something completely different and won't be able to do anything about it.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
LUL still no word on the barber bug from months ago, So new players dont create a character than use the barber feature as theres a chance you'll turn into something completely different and won't be able to do anything about it.

Pretty sure they addressed this right? As in it won't happen to new players, issue was for people who were already effected by the bug.
I've gotten used to my weird new character by just using masks ;)

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
So i recently picked this up again and reached World Tier 5 the other day. But how do i get better gear score? I have a rough time to get gear better than around 460 right now. So im currently sitting at 460ish gear score on my guy.

When i picked the game up i was sitting at world tier 3, and got up to 5 rather quick from gear drops that quickly advanced my gear score so i could just proceed. When i reached 5 i was around 445, so i have slowly progressed to 463 doing the daily hard and challenging missions and completed the invaded strongholds.

So i guess it just takes a "long" time to get to around 499-500 where most people are at these days?

I am also sat at 95%, 35/37 progression on side missions, with nothing more showing up in the side mission menus.

Liberations is also at 9/10 with nothing new showing up.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Gearscore don't matter much. What matters more is your build.

Once you reach 490+ GS, you should put focus on your build

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Have they clarified this next expansion? Is it just missions or is there a random element to it ala underground

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Have they clarified this next expansion? Is it just missions or is there a random element to it ala underground

- 2 new story missions
- A new game mode called Expeditions which centers around exploring three branches of Kenley College (Puzzles, mechanics, loot, you name it)
- 3 new weapons (2 are named high-end weapons and one is an Exotic rifle)

And its free, along with Episode 2 and Episode 3

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Tried the Zoo level on PTS last night and thought it was ok if a bit long but one thing that stood out was you see alligators in an enclosure but when you get chance to enter they are gone was hoping they would attack...
Anyone know when the new stuff goes live on PS4? (Yes I supidly bought the gold edition).

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Yes it has an easy mode with matchmaking but does not drop raid gear.
They have yet to decide on what to do to story mode for the raid when TU5 releases.

From current PTS impressions, it looks like raid gear sets drop in em.

I think the bigger issue we're facing for raid discovery mode is lack of communication and callouts

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Did anything get sorted with Era clans with regards to still active players merging in one clan on PS4?
As mentioned above I'm in an Era clan but its dead.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Nice that they are finally addressing shotguns!
Right?! I've been having fun blasting fools with the double barrel, but, while my shorty takes both rounds to take reds out from mid distances with 156k damage, those purple dudes have no problems one shotting me from like, 100 yards out. Hopefully those NPC shotties get a little nerf to balance range drop off damage.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
The hype for D2 was very low on my radar because Anthem (lol) was the game I planned on playing.

Played a bit of Anthem then decided to board the wait train and hope it'll land somewhere good and we started playing D2 instead.

The dynamic UI, the gunplay, never a dead moment, the endgame, 4 players mayhem, all these factors explain why we're still playing today.

I want to do the 8-player raid one day!

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Right?! I've been having fun blasting fools with the double barrel, but, while my shorty takes both rounds to take reds out from mid distances with 156k damage, those purple dudes have no problems one shotting me from like, 100 yards out. Hopefully those NPC shotties get a little nerf to balance range drop off damage.

I hear ya! I love using the shotguns myself, but was really dissapointed when I found out that they weren't great in the DMG department. :(

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
At the very least, we could see more people join up once TU5 rolls up with skill changes, new content, and other QoL changes

Not like the game is lacking in terms of player population

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Were there always firework explosions on the roof of Grand Washington or is that because of the 4th?