• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to find Apparel items ? It's one of my favorite activities in Division 1.

Also I already told my self I would put Division 2 on lower priority, but no...the addictiveness already starting to kick in.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What's the best way to find Apparel items ? It's one of my favorite activities in Division 1.

Also I already told my self I would put Division 2 on lower priority, but no...the addictiveness already starting to kick in.
Basically just open up those bags and suitcases and such in the world.
Most of the apparel is in the caches though. You get apparel cache keys from leveling up. Not sure if only after leveling once you reach lvl 30 or beforehand as well. You don't ALWAYS get a cache key for each level, but you got a chance. I think you also get keys for certain projects and for specialization progress.
They also recently added "textiles" which you get for receiving a duplicate apparel item and you can use to buy apparel (not all of it) from the store instead of using premium credits.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK

My fellow PS4 brethren! We can pre-order! This was driving me crazy lol

Did this last night, the police outfit it pretty neat.

Ran the raid last night for the first time in a while to knock out some commendations, had a blast so can't wait for the game to be abit more active with the expansion. Saving keys, hopefully they're the same keys for when the level 40 raid drops.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Basically just open up those bags and suitcases and such in the world.
Most of the apparel is in the caches though. You get apparel cache keys from leveling up. Not sure if only after leveling once you reach lvl 30 or beforehand as well. You don't ALWAYS get a cache key for each level, but you got a chance. I think you also get keys for certain projects and for specialization progress.
They also recently added "textiles" which you get for receiving a duplicate apparel item and you can use to buy apparel (not all of it) from the store instead of using premium credits.
I just realized there aren't citizen asking for supplies for apparel reward anymore. Are there ingame-cash apparel shop like the first game ?

Bit disappointing that after 4 hours I only found 1 apparel locker in the world :/

Edit : just read cosmetic list frim google. RIP there are far less variant ofor non-premium apparel compared to the first game.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I just realized there aren't citizen asking for supplies for apparel reward anymore. Are there ingame-cash apparel shop like the first game ?

Bit disappointing that after 4 hours I only found 1 apparel locker in the world :/

Edit : just read cosmetic list frim google. RIP there are far less variant ofor non-premium apparel compared to the first game.
in general the apparel amount isn't huge, but it's pretty much all free (and the stuff that isn't right now eventually turns free) so it's like whatevs.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm just starting out and im on a mission at the hotel and it pops up saying portable electronic device detected so I go looking for it as I see the symbol on the map but there's nothing to pick up? What gives am I just being blind?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

Four things:
- the game introduces elements slowsly in the game. I think it's around level 15-20 when apparel starts dropping more frequently, so as not to overwhelm players early on.
- there is a street in Northwest of the map, Foggy Bottom, with lots of buildings you can enter that has lots of suitcases. You can just farm that each day. I think its the street that intersects the buildings between 25th and 26th above K?
- most apparel comes from caches, most from keys you get from field proficiency caches. You'll get a lot. Once you start getting duplicates you earn textiles that can be used to craft items you don't have yet.
- some of the coolest items are the masks received from killing hunters. Do those!

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
Someone let me know what I'm missing: used UPlay points to get the 20% off coupon but can't find a way to order the expansion for Xbox One. I'm betting this is user error on my part but can someone point me to how to purchase.

Also: got to WT5 and gear score 500. I've ran all of the additional mission content available from the helicopter (except Kenly College with i guess will show up some day). Just cleaning up the classified assignments now. These stand alone missions have all been great, as a solo player it is exactly what I've come to both games for.

Looked into going for exotic weapons but it seems the crafted ones are behind the raid so I'll be happy with what I have for now.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Someone let me know what I'm missing: used UPlay points to get the 20% off coupon but can't find a way to order the expansion for Xbox One. I'm betting this is user error on my part but can someone point me to how to purchase.

Also: got to WT5 and gear score 500. I've ran all of the additional mission content available from the helicopter (except Kenly College with i guess will show up some day). Just cleaning up the classified assignments now. These stand alone missions have all been great, as a solo player it is exactly what I've come to both games for.

Looked into going for exotic weapons but it seems the crafted ones are behind the raid so I'll be happy with what I have for now.
only a single exotic is in the raid. Non of the crafted ones are in there

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Can you play with a friend right from the start of the game or do you have to progress to a certain point? My gf and I are considering getting this. Never played the first one

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

The raid nets you one exotic (the Eagle Bearer-you open the chest at the end and have a small chance to get it. I think I got my first on the 9th successful run with all members who could opening it).

You also get three blueprints per weekly reset upon completing the raid. The blueprints are for certain gearset blueprints, not exotics.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So I'm currently at World Tier 5 and around 450-ish gearscore.

Naturally I need to keep doing what I've been doing to get to 500 which is when the proper endgame starts (well, at least until the expansion comes out). I come from a Destiny background so if there's any comparisons to how it works there, that'd make things easier to understand:

(i)So is there any option to pull items out of your acquired list or something, similar to Destiny where once you got an exotic, you can always just pull it up from your collections (albeit at a lower power level)?

(ii)I still haven't gotten one dye slot for armor while I have 15+ for weapons, what gives!?

(iii)What's the limitations on Exotics i.e can you only have one exotic weapon and one exotic armor item like in Destiny or are the restrictions looser/tighter?

(iv)I'm assuming the High-End weapons/armor items that aren't Exotics can roll with random stats or perks? Not gonna focus on getting a god roll at this point but should that be something to target once the expansion drops?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I'm currently at World Tier 5 and around 450-ish gearscore.

Naturally I need to keep doing what I've been doing to get to 500 which is when the proper endgame starts (well, at least until the expansion comes out). I come from a Destiny background so if there's any comparisons to how it works there, that'd make things easier to understand:

(i)So is there any option to pull items out of your acquired list or something, similar to Destiny where once you got an exotic, you can always just pull it up from your collections (albeit at a lower power level)?

(ii)I still haven't gotten one dye slot for armor while I have 15+ for weapons, what gives!?

(iii)What's the limitations on Exotics i.e can you only have one exotic weapon and one exotic armor item like in Destiny or are the restrictions looser/tighter?

(iv)I'm assuming the High-End weapons/armor items that aren't Exotics can roll with random stats or perks? Not gonna focus on getting a god roll at this point but should that be something to target once the expansion drops?
1- for exotics you can get blueprints to upgrade em to max gear score. On March 3rd you won't be able to bring em to level 40 but shortly after you will.
2- Field proficiency caches (level ups after 30) start rewarding them, so you'll have a lot soon.
3- yup, one exotic weapon, one exotic gear piece.
4- correct, no point in hunting specifics now. Once the expansion drops there'll be bars under each attribute showing how close to a god roll it is. You can save god rolled attributes for recalibration. Basically, March 3rd will make it so that gear can drop with all god rolls and make it so that you have a library of godrolls to find and then have the chance to roll onto other gear. On March 3rd talents, some attributes and max gear score/level change, so the only thing worth farming until then is:
- exotics
- blueprints
- credits
- resources

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
1- for exotics you can get blueprints to upgrade em to max gear score. On March 3rd you won't be able to bring em to level 40 but shortly after you will.
2- Field proficiency caches (level ups after 30) start rewarding them, so you'll have a lot soon.
3- yup, one exotic weapon, one exotic gear piece.
4- correct, no point in hunting specifics now. Once the expansion drops there'll be bars under each attribute showing how close to a god roll it is. You can save god rolled attributes for recalibration. Basically, March 3rd will make it so that gear can drop with all god rolls and make it so that you have a library of godrolls to find and then have the chance to roll onto other gear. On March 3rd talents, some attributes and max gear score/level change, so the only thing worth farming until then is:
- exotics
- blueprints
- credits
- resources
Got it, thanks for the help!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So how does the armor regen attribute work, I mean does it start to regen once you lose armor, or do you have to be using an armor pack to replace yours etc, before it kicks in?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
...What armor would it regenerate if your armor is undamaged?
That's what I was wondering lol.

So a 38 next to the health sign = 38 armor per second right?

Also, I'm level 15 but haven't upgraded my level 6 knee pads because they have armor regen. Is it better to keep using them, or replace them with something that adds like almost 800 armor? Honest question.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That's what I was wondering lol.
giphy.gif

Yeah so armor regen will regen the armor you have lost. Full armor can't regen cause it's full XD

Also, I'm level 15 but haven't upgraded my level 6 knee pads because they have armor regen. Is it better to keep using them, or replace them with something that adds like almost 800 armor? Honest question.

While leveling just replace with highest level. Armor is better than armor regen too. More armor = stay alive easier.
Armor regen isn't gonna keep you alive while under fire.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Had it confirmed raid keys are shared between level 30 and 40 so if you're wanting EB2.0 at level 40, stock up on keys now to give yourself more chances at opening the chest when you're lvl40 if you've still got a regular squad you run with.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So how does the armor regen attribute work, I mean does it start to regen once you lose armor, or do you have to be using an armor pack to replace yours etc, before it kicks in?
Heads up, armor regen is changing come March 3rd. It'll now be "always on" not just kicking on after a set amount of time after receiving damage. Thylander says that a 1% armor regen stat now actually means you've healed a free medkit every 100 seconds.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm only level 9, but at this point I take it I just upgrade to the highest number in my armour and be done with it.

I never got into the end game in the D1 so what happens here? I'm a total noob at raid like games like this for end game stuff, what's all this raid stuff people are talking about? Is it something that unlocks when your level 30 and you team up to do?

so many questions

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I'm only level 9, but at this point I take it I just upgrade to the highest number in my armour and be done with it.

I never got into the end game in the D1 so what happens here? I'm a total noob at raid like games like this for end game stuff, what's all this raid stuff people are talking about? Is it something that unlocks when your level 30 and you team up to do?

so many questions
Level 1-30 and world tier 1-5 just equip the highest level item with more emphasis on armor than any other stat.

Endgame before the raid, there's lot of viable builds. World Tier 5 high ends have more talents and attributes than what you are seeing now so you can get into builds that like, cause enemies to bleed, then do extra damage to bleeding things or have insane seeker mines, etc.

Match 3rf the systems are being simplified, so it'll be easier to make builds. Don't worry for now.

As for the raid, it's the most challenging content and there are like 3 builds that help you to fly through it. As it stands though, any build with high dps and a baseline of survivability can beat it with team coordination. Again though, may change come March 3rd.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

so many questions
there is one raid which is one piece of content. the ENTIRE other catalogue of content can be done solo. Also the raid drops one special exotic but outside of that you do not need the raid for anything. You also don't "need" that exotic. You can basically play how you want and make "builds".

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So what's the deal with Cassie Mendoza? I ran into a random guy out in the world who gave me a bounty and I looked it up, and apparently this is what leads to this game's version of Xur, the weekly vendor of high end items.

But she wasn't there when I got there. How does her time table work? Does she only appear on a certain day?

Matchew

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started this again after dropping it soon after completing the main story. What should I focus on to increase my gear score? Also how do you start the DLC episodes? Taking a long break from the game as left me completely lost.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. I gotta do a bunch of quest stuff to unlock this rad minigun spec?

Should I just buy the year 1 pass? Haha