• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Well...that was an episode...

Also, just lol @ the idea that our team needs some kind of plan to beat Cicada at this point. Just, you know, don't fucking stand there doing nothing every single fucking time you get him down. Iris could have killed him in his apartment! In this episode, Nora could have just stuck someone up on the roof with a gun. He goes to the same spot every time. Set something up! Ugh, this is so bad.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Nora, probably:

HarmfulSadBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb.gif

Are you some kind of fortune teller?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wow that certainly was something

They fucked the time loop episode up so badly compared to how Legends did it perfectly

It took Nora 52 times failing because apparently she didn't learn any lessons from the time loop even though that's the whole fucking point of the concept, it took the team to notice and call her out on her time travel.

And once Cicada got a dagger to the chest... Nora just stood there doing nothing. Didn't knock him out. Killer Frost didn't freeze him. Just let him recover enough to fly away.

The only good thing about this episode was the Jay throwback with the cup/timeline metaphor.

And yeah Captain Marvel looks awful

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Ok this was a MUCH better episode than the recent ones... however the "resolution" they came up with was a head scratcher and still... to ZeroX 's point, they still just stood there and let him fly away.

They really should have ended the Cicada arc before the break and then continued on with the future Wells arc for 2019.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Another infuritingly garbage episode!

Crisco being a toolbag? Check.
Complete waste of a time loop premise? Check.
Someone comes off as a huge idiot? Check.
Cicada the weirdo goof tools on the heroes, eventually gets shoved over, then just gets away while they all stand around? You'd better believe it!

Also, friggin' LOL at Barry lecturing Nora about changing the past. NORA'S VERY PRESENCE IS CHANGING THE PAST, BARRY. Everything she does is inherently changing the past because she is a time traveller from the future.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about the plan they came up with just to break the loop, the more upset I get lol

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
They let Cicada get away again after having him down.. again? I'm shocked. Shocked I say!

FuturamaNotThatShocked.gif

lso, friggin' LOL at Barry lecturing Nora about changing the past. NORA'S VERY PRESENCE IS CHANGING THE PAST, BARRY. Everything she does is inherently changing the past because she is a time traveller from the future.
Pretty much this.

If you gave a shit about not fucking up the timeline, you should've sent her home a long-ass time ago dummies. You can't give her a lecture about that shit and still have her stay in the past, literally changing things by the second.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I think Barry is an alright teacher, with Wally and Jessie but its like why does he never use his own advice lol? Have we ever seen Barry use Flash time to actually have time to figure out his situation and plan?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I know the 52 thing is a cute joke but fuck you it shouldn't take you that long to either tell them about the loop, use her reverse powers that she know she has or prepare for the obvious and predictable knife trap and just ambush him before hand

It's not like Tom cruise in Edge of tomorrow where he was an alien army and he was just some Joe schmoe so he needed years worth of training and save scumming to figure out their plan

Nora just being an idior

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
They really can't think of ways for Cicada to escape without making Team Flash look like imbeciles time and time again?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Its really stupid because most of the plans are actually good and work but then its like no we still need more episodes with Cicada lets have the team lose again.
Last week w/ Iris basically handling him with no plan whatsoever pretty much broke me
It what makes it annoying pretty much everytime they're actually prepared for him they win but Cicada gets the upper hand because they just stand there and let him do whatever

At least the other main villains could just run away or teleport faster than they could do anything I mean yeah he could fly but that feels like a lame version of a smoke bomb writers add so he can run away and sorry they can just follow him

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly imagine how could it would be if early on Barry did grab and run but the dagger was able to gain enough speed that he got tagged. So he can't just grab and run

That makes him an actual threat and gives more credence to curing him because you can't just grab hin

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It's obvious as hell the writers/showrunners just want to drag this out as long as possible even after promising shorter arcs. That, or in true Flash writer fashion, they forgot they even said that in the first place.

What I don't get about literally every time he's hurt and escapes is why they always just shrug and let him go without any effort.
- They have speedsters that can follow him at a distance to see where he goes.
- They have satellites and a million different tech means to follow him to see where he goes.
- They have a Meta who, using any of his stuff from the multiple old hideouts he's had that they know about, can vibe him and find him in two seconds.

In addition, everyone and their mother knows Killer Frost is his weakness. Why does she insist on fighting him hand to hand every single time? Just freeze blast him already. He either gets frozen solid or he has to block it with the dagger, freeing up possible attacks from literally everyone else.

I don't think they realize that dragging this out just makes Team Flash look worse and worse.

edit:
Also, a whole month to make the cure is bullshit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
People keep mentioning that they promised shorter arcs, but I don't think they did? This is the quote I found and it doesn't say they're doing a split season or pods, just that they'll have a few major stories at difference paces. Which so far is true (Cicada, Future Thawne, Metahuman Cure, Caitlin's stuff).

"One of the pitfalls that we ran into is that it's hard in 23 episodes to have one storyline play out so this year, while there is certainly a spine, we have two or three major stories that go on in different increments – like a first act, second act, third act. That's been helpful in a lot of ways. We learned a lot when Barry [Grant Gustin] was in prison – it was only three episodes but it really opened our eyes."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ew-todd-helbing-interview-dc-tv-watch-1149695

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure that's the only reference to it. It's the only one I remember at least. Everyone just expected Cicada's arc to be one of the short ones since he's, you know.. terrible.

Still, we're 14 eps into the season and it feels like no progress has been made and they're actively finding ways to stretch this out by making the team dumber.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
This is just stupid. How many times will they let Cicada escape like that? These writers have no clue whatsoever how to make Team Flash not look like complete idiots.

Cicada must be the most boring "main" villain of the entire series so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is some sick thought experiment to make each previous season appear better in comparison to the current?
And we're all getting roped in.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I like the way that they seemingly demonstrated that Cicada's powers were growing like eight episodes ago, and then promptly forgot about it.

Were they growing? Are they still growing? What is even happening?

One of the major complaints about Legends of Tomorrow season 1 was that Vandal Savage was a huge chump, and showing him almost get caught and just defeat/escape the Legends every episode made them look like even huger chumps. It's like the Flash writers saw that and said "Hold my Venti Cicada."

Also, I'm seriously alarmed that Jitters named one of their drinks a Cicada. Cicada STALKED AND MURDERED A LADY IN THEIR PARKING LOT.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty weird to have a named drink like that... Though... They have Zoom as a drink, and he killed plenty too. Soo...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I like the way that they seemingly demonstrated that Cicada's powers were growing like eight episodes ago, and then promptly forgot about it.

Were they growing? Are they still growing? What is even happening?

One of the major complaints about Legends of Tomorrow season 1 was that Vandal Savage was a huge chump, and showing him almost get caught and just defeat/escape the Legends every episode made them look like even huger chumps. It's like the Flash writers saw that and said "Hold my Venti Cicada."

Also, I'm seriously alarmed that Jitters named one of their drinks a Cicada. Cicada STALKED AND MURDERED A LADY IN THEIR PARKING LOT.

Jitters is the real big bad.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
It's one thing once the threat is gone (i.e. Zoom) but naming a drink after an active serial killer is just wow

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but laugh at every Poochie exit Cicada does lol. Like they ran out of ideas to how to make a villain escape without being a speedster

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's like the Flash writers saw that and said "Hold my Venti Cicada."

LMAO

You telling me you dont like a tall cup of Charles Manson or Ted Bundy from Starbucks?

How far are Jitters going to go, because at this point the only thing i can see stopping them is if The Flash gets a racist villain and they decide to come out with some Blackface product to sell based on him and they cause an outrage big enough it needs to be recalled.

EDIT*
Yeah it's like if I walked into a major popular restaurant and ordered a small Ted Bundy with almond milk, it's just odd. Raises a lot of questions about the management of the company.
Damn you, should have refreshed my browser before posting my joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.