• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

who would you rather get into smash as the microsoft rep?

• banjo & kazooie

Votes: 210 43.3%
  • master chief

Votes: 235 48.5%
  • minecraft steve

Votes: 40 8.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
When even Microsoft is begging Sakurai. lol

That said yes the game needs more western rep.

They wouldn't have said this if he was actually in the Fighter Pass. Good.

I don't care what anyone says. Xbox's mascot has no place being in Nintendo's crossover.

If Joker is in it when we don't even have a mainline Persona game on Switch, i wouldn't mind one character from Microsoft, although i feel Cuphead would be more appropriate. In the past i'd have agreed with you, but now the process of how a character gets into Smash seems completely random.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Xbox's mascot has no place being in Nintendo's crossover.

After the Wii U installment, the series has gone from being a showcase for Nintendo games, to a celebration of the industry in general. An Xbox character, specially MasterChief would be a great and welcome addition for the game, representing a significant genre in this industry. I mean, if Joker is in...

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I'd argue that this is a very carefully communicated hint of this still being possible. A tweet like that doesn't go out without major sign-off from 343's handlers, and it's not responding to some rando account but rather the official "Twitter Gaming" one. Super interesting.

Or that we're really looking into this too much.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Chef is blood-thirsty. He must kill more animes after he cleansed Jump Force of their kind.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue that this is a very carefully communicated hint of this still being possible. A tweet like that doesn't go out without major sign-off from 343's handlers, and it's not responding to some rando account but rather the official "Twitter Gaming" one. Super interesting.
It tells us the opposite. Nintendo doesn't allow this at all. It means Master Chief isn't come to Smash for now.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
It's nice to want things.

Didn't somebody from Microsoft ask people to vote for Banjo in the ballot the last time around?

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather Banjo personally but Master Chief would be interesting to see too.

Anyways I think the tweet is just memeing. I don't think it means anything at all.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
this is a genuine possibility. Also there has never been a more obvious mechanical analogue than using the bubble shield from halo 3 for the "bubble block" every smash character has.

EDIT: im referring to the fact that it's extremely likely halo games will be playable on switch in the near future, through game pass.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how Banjo doesn't happen before Chief, but if MS does get a rep it should be Chief. Maybe they should make it a Splatfest. Banjo vs Chief. Winner gets to Smash.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Banjo and Kazooie would just be a Duck Hunt clone. Lets have an interesting character that is actually loved with a unique moveset.
giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Ubisoft and Nintendo have been on great terms for over a decade.

We have a real Nostradamus here.
Yeah they have been on good terms and we got Rayman in Smash 4 as an AT. I think he's a spirit now.

Microsoft and Nintendo working together is more meaningful. There's a bigger impact with these two companies working together and Sakurai would've put Banjo Kazooie in Melee if Microsoft didn't buy Rare at the time.

Banjo Kazooie is probably the most requested character right now and been highly requested for a long time. None of Ubisoft's characters can touch Banjo.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
They wouldn't have said this if he was actually in the Fighter Pass. Good.

I don't care what anyone says. Xbox's mascot has no place being in Nintendo's crossover.
This is a really bad hot take... Microsoft and Nintendo have a decent enough working relationship I could see this. Though let's all be honest, Minecraft Steve probably has the highest chance of all Microsoft properties.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
ewwww

no thanks!

Banjo and Kazooie would just be a Duck Hunt clone. Lets have an interesting character that is actually loved with a unique moveset.
I really can't see how Banjo & Kazooie would be Duck Hunt clones. The only similar thing going on would be the Up Special being the bird flying, with the rest of the moveset being completely different. Even if they used Kazzoie as a shooter for a move it'd be more like Fox's gun or Link's bow.
And besides, we haven't even seen clones between different franchises since Melee's Ganondorf.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Minecraft Steve and Master Chief get in with Banjo being relegated to an assist. Just cause.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
Eh not sure how you draw that conclusion unless you're saying they're similar because of shooting.
Four slots left, two FPS protagonists that look alike and would probably play alike aswell. Unless one slot is for a character and an echo, I don't see Sakurai wasting that instead of putting in a more different character.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
just realized that they have the potential to give him an energy sword and make him a fire emblem character clone. don't do this, pls

Deleted member 17952

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the latest XBox Direct two days ago, and I'm pretty sure Halo has been confirmed for Smash:

He seems like a pretty cool guy, punches Marios and doesn't afraid of anything.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would almost be as big as Cloud. Almost

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Never played Halo but I'd really like to see Chief in the game.

Not really interested in other MS reps.