• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
"The Senile Rapist That Isn't Racist!" isn't quite the campaign slogan that "Change We Can Believe In" was, but at least it's better than "Jeb!"

Not sure about the not racist party considering his history on segregation, being buddies with one of the vilest white supremacists in the recent history of this country etc

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does the DNC have to do with anything? DNC doesn't pick the nominee.

Don't want to veer off topic per the posting guidelines, what I meant was that I would be surprised if they (call it the DNC, establishment, whoever you believe organized Pete/Amy to drop out and endorse Biden) chose Biden over Pete if they knew about this situation beforehand.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hey, you know, you don't HAVE to vote for Biden. Like at all. Primary wise, it's still feasible if difficult to stonewall him and either get Bernie the nomination or go to a contested convention where we can get someone other than Bernie who ISN'T a sex pest if you're so opposed to him, there are more than enough states left. And general wise, you can abstain from the Presidential election with good conscience as certain states allow voting for a VP candidate without voting for the presidential candidate, and still go in November 3 to vote in important downballot elections, such as US Congress and more local races. But we're not at the general yet, people, we can still stop Biden!

But I guess for some, when it comes to supporting victims, it's more important to go the easy route and play team games. "Nah, we can't fight against this monster, it's too haaaaaard. Let's just consign ourselves to this fate because at least he's OUR monster. :("

Like fucking hell, I'm sure we could set up some sort of text banking operation to let people who aren't paying attention in the remaining states know they shouldn't vote for Biden in the primary, a lot of us are stuck at home with nothing else to do. I'd do it myself but I lack the technical and legal knowhow, the former for setting up text banking apps and such, the latter is important to ensure people's private info wouldn't get into random hands, and I don't know if individuals not a part of a campaign can actually do such a thing; and I'm very much a follower and advisor type, not a leader type, so to speak. But we can do something. Like, c'mon guys. Just something, anything.
Absolutely.

Blending out everything else.
If we collectively do not want a sexual predator in the white house that can happen. If the Democratic establishment decides enough is enough, they will find a way to give Biden the boot. Who then gets the nod is completely irrelevant in that discussion for now.
For that however we have to hold them all accountable and hold their feet to the fire.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to veer off topic per the posting guidelines, what I meant was that I would be surprised if they (call it the DNC, establishment, whoever you believe organized Pete/Amy to drop out and endorse Biden) chose Biden over Pete if they knew about this situation beforehand.
I don't understand what you are saying. Who chose Pete over Biden? Pete dropped out because he did terrible in SC. It was due to the voters. He made it clear that no one told him to endorse Biden, it was his call based on how he performed in SC.

Anywaya, I really don't think this is the thread for these sort of conspiracy theories....we should focus on the topic at hand I think.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure about the not racist party considering his history on segregation, being buddies with one of the vilest white supremacists in the recent history of this country etc
Not to mention still saying the crime bill was a good thing and repeating his nonsense about black mothers not being good enough for their children. And no matter how much weekend obama volunteers who watched his speeches want to argue he meant something different, he is absolutely a racist.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Trump will not. Even he recognizes that bringing this up will bring his own skeletons back out.

what might likely happen are republican operatives trying to spread this with the liberals and trying to depress our votes. Abstaining, basically.

Trump doesn't have to hide his skeletons because they are out in the open and his base solidly does not give a shit. If given the chance he absolutely will use it to his advantage. All he cares about is winning and the worst he will have to deal with is call the media corrupt on Twitter for the billionth time.

May 26, 2018
Trump doesn't have to hide his skeletons because they are out in the open and his base solidly does not give a shit. If given the chance he absolutely will use it to his advantage. All he cares about is winning and the worst he will have to deal with is call the media corrupt on Twitter for the billionth time.

Yeah. Trump is 100 percent immune. His base largely thinks rape is no big deal. It's people who give a shit about women who have quickly found themselves represented by, well, Joe Biden.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Absolutely.

Blending out everything else.
If we collectively do not want a sexual predator in the white house that can happen. If the Democratic establishment decides enough is enough, they will find a way to give Biden the boot. Who then gets the nod is completely irrelevant in that discussion for now.
For that however we have to hold them all accountable and hold their feet to the fire.
Yep agreed. My goal right now, from this point forward, is to keep Biden from the nomination. From now on when talking of Biden I'm always going to bring this fact up. Everyone needs to know this before making their decision. And I'll look into best how to spread this horrible thing.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am curious how much play, if any, this gets. National media typically won't touch it unless there is evidence or its been fully vetted.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously did we all somehow forget he brought out Bill Clinton's accusers right before a debate and didn't get punished for the obvious hypocrisy.

Though maybe that's a sick comfort for die-hard Biden supporters: America doesn't really care about rapists if you're popular and have clout

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Trump is 100 percent immune. His base largely thinks rape is no big deal. It's people who give a shit about women who have quickly found themselves represented by, well, Joe Biden.
The same way black people have been voting for mildly racist candidates just because the alternatives are kkk members and/or are outright for public lynchings.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Everything else aside this is a really bad look for Time's Up and I hope they investigate it internally and make whatever changes they need to here.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Seriously did we all somehow forget he brought out Bill Clinton's accusers right before a debate and didn't get punished for the obvious hypocrisy.

Though maybe that's a sick comfort for die-hard Biden supporters: America doesn't really care about rapists if you're popular and have clout

It's so fucking gross and if Biden is a lock in than he has PLENTY of time to make steps to mitigate, take responsibility for, and address these concerns before moving forward with the campaign.
It's not going to please everyone and they aren't obligated to care-- women have been told to put XYZ over their own feelings time and time again, but it's better than NOTHING.

May 26, 2018
The same way black people have been voting for mildly racist candidates just because the alternatives are kkk members.

Most voters can't even begin to understand that perspective, though. They still think it's a game instead of the life and death issue it is. By the time they realize that it isn't, it will be far too late.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Unfortunately, beating Trump is what people want and care about just like how in 2016 Trump's rapes and sexual assaults on women did not matter to voters who merely wanted to see Clinton defeated. It's the same thing this time around but against Trump.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what you are saying. Who chose Pete over Biden? Pete dropped out because he did terrible in SC. It was due to the voters. He made it clear that no one told him to endorse Biden, it was his call based on how he performed in SC.

Anywaya, I really don't think this is the thread for these sort of conspiracy theories....we should focus on the topic at hand I think.

Yeah, to rephrase my initial post to be closer to the topic, I'm wondering if people on the Biden campaign or those close to him in the Democratic establishment already knew about this stuff. And I'm wondering what their strategy will be to deal with it - ignore and deny or try to acknowledge? The audio description of what happened is so vile that it seems like denial would be the only thing they could do.

May 26, 2018
Even Fox usually stays away from this stuff without vetting.

It's one of the only things that could actually destroy Biden. You'll see hateful demagogues
become surface-level women's rights advocates overnight to signal boost this. No consequences if they're wrong, their viewers remain the same.

Apologies, though, this is getting off track. Thread isn't about this topic in particular. Just the story itself.

Last edited:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of the think it's no big deal, some think it's fake news.
But a lot of them think that winning the election is more important than this stuff, and I think this is also true for many people in the Democratic base.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
The DNC must investigate this fully.
If credible Biden must drop out.

fucking filthy rapist and people who Stan for him are depraved.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DNC must investigate this fully.
If credible Biden must drop out.

fucking filthy rapist and people who Stan for him are depraved.
If it came down to that he wouldn't drop out before the primary was over. It would be worked out so a like minded moderate like an Andrew Cuomo or something would be able pick up his delegates at the convention to respect the will of the voters to have a moderate nominee.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Please stop with the false equivalency. Biden has had an issue with "personal space" where people now come forward to say that they were "uncomfortable" with his close-talking. But, he is also from a different time and such behavior is more frowned upon today. What you have never heard is that he raped anyone. Or that he threatened anyone to "keep quiet". Or that he intimidated anyone into having sex with him. Or that he kept women down so that he could use his power to control them. It has been the opposite with him.
...uhhh
You can listen to the woman herself (trigger warning: explicit detail of sexual assault):

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fuck the people trying to pivot away from what is actually said in that tape. Jesus fuckin' Christ, that is straightup rape and sexual assault. Put this in the context of Anita Hill, Storm Thurmond and it makes a lot of sense.

This needs to be its own thread.

She described Joe Biden sexually assaulting her.

Afterwords (in response to her reacting to the assault), Biden even said "you're nothing to me" This guy is a piece of shit

supra

Oct 30, 2017
If it came down to that he wouldn't drop out before the primary was over. It would be worked out so a like minded moderate like an Andrew Cuomo or something would be able pick up his delegates at the convention to respect the will of the voters to have a moderate nominee.
Respect the will of the voters by nominating someone no one voted for, okay.

They didn't necessarily want a moderate (based on basically every exit poll that polled health care), they wanted someone that could beat Trump.

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
was there more to this story besides Biden doing his sniffing hair and touching shoulders thing? reading in this thread makes it sound like he committed a full blown rape

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, beating Trump is what people want and care about just like how in 2016 Trump's rapes and sexual assaults on women did not matter to voters who merely wanted to see Clinton defeated. It's the same thing this time around but against Trump.

The Democratic Party is supposed to be the party of social rights, ignoring rape accusations is the opposite of what this party ostensibly stands for.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

People didn't care about Bill Clinton's behavior either. He was super popular with women even as the scandals were being reported on. Maybe it will be different here.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden has always been a scumbag.

But nobody cares going by the primary.

Such a shame that woman will never see justice. But that's the way things are in this country. A Nation where the people happily choose rapists over someone who fights for real change because they are comfortable with the status quo.

To think I may actually have to vote for this piece of shit in November... I know what's at stake and I will vote Democrat but... God damn it! It feels like if I vote for him, I am telling this poor woman that what happened to her doesn't matter and that I am condoning his behavior.

Utterly disgusted. Is there truly nothing we can do?

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Power will protect its own at the end of the day. Doubt any of the DNC will confront Biden about this.

Depressing stuff.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This broke yesterday and there's nothing on Times Up's twitter about this. I wonder if they'll address it at all.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
was there more to this story besides Biden doing his sniffing hair and touching shoulders thing? reading in this thread makes it sound like he committed a full blown rape
Even if it was "just" that, it'd be disgusting and unacceptable.
But, look at the threadmark. He's a rapist who spat "You mean nothing to me" at his victim. He's a monster.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen this story getting picked by any big media outlet so far, and I suspect as long that it stays true they will try to ignore this issue.

Sadly this is probably the best time for this story to break if you're Biden or Time's UP. There's so much taking the focus right now that it's likely to just be a drop in the bucket.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The Democratic Party is supposed to be the party of social rights, ignoring rape accusations is the opposite of what this party ostensibly stands for.

You know very well this is not what the democratic party stands for. They claim to stand for that. This is why November will be such a tragedy. I have no choice but to vote for a rapist because they other rapist is even worse. This is why a lot of people are angry at Biden. Our standards have plummeted so low after 2016.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know very well this is not what the democratic party stands for. They claim to stand for that. This is why November will be such a tragedy. I have no choice but to vote for a rapist because they other rapist is even worse. This is why a lot of people are angry at Biden. Our standards have plummeted so low after 2016.

Yea we're in a shitty place as a country, no idea if we can come back from this.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true, I'd say that's disqualifying for Biden. I'm not 100% on the veracity of it. Curious that not even Fox News wants to touch the story though.

Has Time's Up funded anything against politicians before?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
At this point it's time to burn the Democratic party down. I'm tired of this shit. I'm tired of having to vote for people that either attack women for coming forward (Hillary Clinton) or are sexual predators (Bill Clinton, Joe Biden). Fuck. This. Shit.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still shocked that America chose this guy with his many flaws and fuck-ups over someone like Bernie.
I remember we had exactly the same concerns being raised a couple of months ago when Biden announced his campaign: his very problematic history with women. Unfortunately our memory span, and I include myself too, is really fucking small and everyone forgot about it again

Because the alternative was Sanders. An awful candidate who surrounds himself with even worse people. Honestly both Sanders and Biden should have stood down this year but this is what we have now. Also fuck the Intercept, not necessarily because of this story but rather because they are Russian propaganda.

I will start rationalizing everything bad happing to me by labelling it as Russian propaganda/interference

Also, The Intercept does top notch journalism, you tool

Written summary of how Tara Reade says she was raped. Based on her interview.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I did a summary of the rape allegation:
She is asked by someone else to deliver a gym bag to Biden, down towards the capitol. She arrives, they end up alone in a side area, there wasn't even any exchange or delivery. He immediately pushes her up against the wall, starts kissing her, then penetrates her under the skirt with his fingers. He said "do you wanna go somewhere else" while it was happening. She pulled away once he was finished, clearly upset. He then said "come on, man! I thought/heard you liked me!" He looked annoyed. He then pointed his finger at her and said "you're nothing. Nothing" Then soon afterwords attempted to console her by grabbing her by the shoulders and said "you're ok, you're fine". She says that the "you're nothing" exchange has stuck with her ever since. "People wanna know why women don't come forward.. that's a good example why"
Fuck Joe Biden

Deleted member 10224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All it takes is one Trump tweet and everyone will start talking about it and Biden will be forced to answer questions. Unless Trump says something the story probably goes away. How fucked up is that.