• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
uDqY97w.gif
Thank you! my first thought was this is so sickly sweet it should be in the Truman show

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully this will soon be considered spam, by law.

Oh shit! I never thought of reporting them for spam!

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
Next week they will find out about chain mail.
It's already happening big time in my family circle. Every now and then I have those Whatsapp will shut down if you don't send this message to x contacts to prove you are an active user you will not have access.

It's like when people first got used to email, oh boy. At least at that time, it was dial-up so images and video was a no-no. But Microsoft lottery was gold (didn't helped me at all, I was working at Microsoft and got constantly calls from family/friends about how to claim their win).

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indians and Pakistanis are the worst. I get long 5-6 minute videos from my aunt's and uncles every few days and like ten fucking pictures of two word greetings instant messaging was invented for.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
This remind me that I have to delete a lot of useless photos in my phone.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like these people need to set their family members straight. Told my dad to stop forwarding garbage to my email or I'd route everything he sends to spam.peoblen solved. Have a family group chat going in WhatsApp and we all seem to understand it's for points 9f interest not saying good morning everyday. Holidays, birthdays, deaths, snow pictures, pictures in general of the kids, events, event planning or checking in (but not a worthless good morning everyday). I mean just because they're old doesn't mean they can't be taught.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
My buddy confirms this is a real thing. He has a dummy email account for exactly this. No family members know his real email lmao.

Doesn't use whatsapp, tells relatives work doesn't allow it, LOL. Luckily no one thinks to text anymore because "texts are for flip phones, and we have SMART phones"

I laugh just typing this out

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
This is basically the entirety of my family group chat, alongside chain mail, which has been rediscovered and reinvigorated by WhatsApp it seems.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i get into relationships just so i have good morning texts on my phone when i wake up
would be weird tho if i got them from friends and family

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If I see even a glimpse of anything like this in my feeds it means the person is blocked for life :b

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Millions of people sending each other happy greetings instead of dank memes and death threats. We're glimpsing best-timeline Internet.

Pila

Oct 31, 2017
Lol, if Italians were a billion, we would make the news every day. #buongiornissimo #ciaone

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am Indian. Can confirm.

It was a little annoying to have like 10-12 good morning images every time I checked my phone after waking up. But I never really replied to any of them and I think they lost interest after not getting anything back.

Now I feel kinda bad.

i bet the average age of the users there is 70yrs old. old people like to send stuff like that

Nope. If I had to bet, its the 35-50 category just based on my experience.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Boomers moving from stories made on power point to motivational videos and pictures.

I don't understand old people's love for sharing lots of saccharine-ridden messages. But if that employs lots of graphic designers, good.

The storage filled by media (quicker in low to mid ranged phones) is quite an epidemic. Services such as Google Photos should smarten up and appear right at the moment the storage is being filled by good feeling Tweety pictures and whatnot. It's a necessity that plenty of old people don't know about or don't realize what benefits bring to the table.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The average consumer doesn't want single player video games- they want to send good morning messages.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This sounds like the modern equivalent of getting a Geocities page and putting up a ton of shitty little GIFs on it and sharing their "website" with people.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Part of the deal is that the group texts among family and extended family can be massive. And the participants feel rude if they don't send a good morning text.

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the creators of these images were not playing around, some serious Corel Draw skills on display.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I just received this from my Uncle on whatsapp...

Code:
If
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z =
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

H+A+R+D+W+O+R+K = 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
K+N+O+W+L+E+D+G+E = 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
L+O+V+E=12+15+22+5= 54%
L+U+C+K = 12+21+3+11 = 47%
That's all don't score full mark...but

:
:
: