Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just to be sure, next episode starts in...

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:00 PM

...right?

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
My daughter spent the entire week with me after the episode asking me questions about TLOU and the fungus. It was so fucking cute and it reminded me of how obsessed I got with viruses and Resident Evil back when I was playing RE2 on N64.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
One scene was a bit confusing but just rewatched it and maybe makes sense. When Joel and his fam are fleeing thru that downtown area and the airliner crashes, is that the landing gear that gets launched and ricochets off the building at collides with the car? I think the HDR made that scene so bright and right afterwards it was hard to tell what happened.
Yeh it's exactly what you thought, if you pause you can see it pretty clearly but in the madness it's easy to miss. I had no idea until just now, I just presumed it was a random bit of shrapnel.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Hey 50 minutes isn't that bad; honestly was expecting half the length of the first episode all things considered

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Keep any comparisons, and discussion or mentions of any similarities or differences to the game, out of this thread. Period.

I'm reposting the spoiler policy for anyone who hasn't read it yet before the new episode drops. If you haven't read the full thing or if you need a reminder, please read it before posting about the new episode.

Spoiler tags are not required when live-posting while watching the series on Sunday nights. However, as mentioned at the top of this post, spoilers from the games are not allowed in this thread whatsoever, tagged or not, and already adapted or not. This thread is intended to be a safe place for people who are only watching the show and have not played the games, or simply people wanting to experience it divorced from the source material, to discuss it amongst themselves and speculate about its future without worrying about being spoiled on any story content from the games. If you are caught "hinting" about what's to come based on your knowledge of the games, you will be reported. Furthermore, leaks for upcoming episodes of the television series are not permitted in this thread, so if an episode leaks in advance, please do not discuss it until it airs on HBO. If you want to freely discuss any content from the games that this series is based on, please click here to go to the game spoiler thread on the Gaming side.

Additionally, if you're watching on HBO Max rather than HBO, do not skip further into the episode and openly post spoilers for it before it has finished airing on HBO.
Spoilers or references of any sort from the games are not allowed in this thread, and that includes comparing different story beats from the show against ones from the games, saying things like "Oh that's new," "That's different from how it was in the game," "That hit just as hard as it did in the game," "That was just like the game," or just generally talking about things that may have stayed the same as they were in the game or changed in the shift from game to television. This thread is meant to be friendly towards anyone who hasn't played the games by way of being 100% spoiler free in regards to them, as those folks may be interested in playing the games after watching the show in order to find out what ways they are the same or different on their own.

If you want to discuss how the series is the same as the games or different than them, or talk about how a scene affected you similarly or differently than it did in the game, then please post in the game spoiler OT instead-- that thread is specifically made for you. In regards to this thread, please be mindful and keep your posts spoiler-free for people who are only watching the show.

I repeat:

Keep any comparisons, and discussion or mentions of any similarities or differences to the game, out of this thread. Period.

AN2GwIv.gif

Last edited:

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm reposting the spoiler policy for anyone who hasn't read it yet before the new episode drops. If you haven't read the full thing or if you need a reminder, please read it before posting about the new episode.

Spoilers or references of any sort from the games are not allowed in this thread, and that includes comparing different story beats from the show against ones from the games, saying things like "Oh they kept [thing / moment] from the game!", "That hit just as hard as it did in the game," "That was just like the game," or just generally talking about things that may have stayed the same as they were in the game. This thread is meant to be friendly towards anyone who hasn't played the games by way of being 100% spoiler free in regards to them, as those folks may be interested in playing the games after watching the show in order to find out what ways they are the same or different on their own.

If you want to discuss how the series is the same as the games or different than them, or talk about how a scene affected you similarly or differently than it did in the game, then please post in the game spoiler OT instead-- that thread is specifically made for you. In regards to this thread, please be mindful and keep your posts spoiler-free for people who are only watching the show.

AN2GwIv.gif
That gif going to get some serious use. Love it.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
How bleak is this show? I played the games and loved them but since I've developed some serious triggers to depressing content and am afraid I'll hate it.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I love "right before shit hits the fan" flashbacks in post-apocalypse shows. Wish shows would go into the collapse of society more, instead of skipping ahead to where it already happened

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
How bleak is this show? I played the games and loved them but since I've developed some serious triggers to depressing content and am afraid I'll hate it.
It is bleak, yeah. Arguably a bit more than the games in some respect, we actually see how the settlements are run and the human interactions. The outbreak day sequence is particularly harrowing.