Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Untagged game spoilers are allowed in this thread. If you haven't played Part I and Part II, click here for the show-only thread.

BlTc8NC.jpg

The Last of Us (HBO Series) - Season 1

The ResetEra Game Spoiler OT

Credit to Fj0823 and NerevaRising for the thread title's inspiration
Welcome to the ResetEra game spoiler OT for season one of HBO's television adaptation of The Last of Us! The nine-episode first season kicks off on Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET/ 6:00 PM PT on both HBO and HBO Max (9:00 PM PT on HBO West), with a new episode releasing every Sunday thereafter until the season concludes on March 12, 2023.

Spoiler tags are not required when live-posting while watching the series on Sunday nights. Furthermore, spoiler tags are not required when discussing any story content from the games, including The Last of Us: Part II. This thread is intended for viewers who have already played the games that the series is based on. That said, leaks for upcoming episodes of the television series are not permitted in this thread, so if an episode leaks in advance, please do not discuss it until it airs on HBO. If you are new to The Last of Us and don't want to be spoiled in any manner, please click here to go to the show-only thread on the EtcetEra side.

Additionally, if you're watching on HBO Max rather than HBO, do not skip further into the episode and openly post spoilers for it before it has finished airing on HBO. Wait for people to watch the episode live before talking about ways in which it has changed or stayed the same.

I will be updating the threadmarks with links when new episodes release. If you're watching the series late, feel free to use the threadmarks as a way to catch up with the rest of us without being spoiled on any new / different stuff!

General Information
  • Original network: HBO
  • Based on:
    • The Last of Us by Naughty Dog
    • The Last of Us: American Dreams by Neil Druckmann, Faith Erin Hicks & Rachelle Rosenberg
    • The Last of Us: Left Behind by Naughty Dog
  • Showrunners: Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann
  • Writers: Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann
  • Composer: Gustavo Santaolalla
  • Directors:
    • Episode 1: Craig Mazin
    • Episode 2: Neil Druckmann
    • Episode 3: Peter Hoar
    • Episode 4: Jeremy Webb
    • Episode 5: Jeremy Webb
    • Episode 6: Jasmila Zbanic
    • Episode 7: Liza Jackson
    • Episode 8: Ali Abbasi
    • Episode 9: Ali Abbasi
Where to Watch (If any of this is incorrect or if you know of additional countries and services to add, please let me know)
  • Argentina: HBO, HBO Max
  • Australia: Binge
  • Austria: Sky TV, Now TV
  • Brazil: HBO, HBO Max
  • Canada: Crave
  • Czechia: HBO Max
  • Denmark: HBO, HBO Max
  • France: Amazon Prime Video
  • Germany: Sky TV, Now TV
  • India: Disney+ Hotstar
  • Ireland: Sky TV, Now TV
  • Italy: Sky TV, Now TV
  • Japan: U-NEXT
  • Mexico: HBO, HBO Max
  • Netherlands: HBO, HBO Max
  • New Zealand: Neon
  • Norway: HBO, HBO Max
  • Poland: HBO, HBO Max
  • Spain: HBO, HBO Max
  • Switzerland: Sky TV, Now TV
  • Turkey: BluTV
  • United Kingdom: Sky TV, Now TV
  • United States: HBO, HBO Max
Official Synopsis said:
The Last of Us takes place 20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal and heartbreaking journey as they both must traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

The Cast (Images link to IMDB)

Additional cast:
Review Averages
  • Rotten Tomatoes: 97% (Certified Fresh)
    • "Retaining the most addictive aspects of its beloved source material while digging deeper into the story, The Last of Us is bingeworthy TV that ranks among the all-time greatest video game adaptations."
  • Metacritic: 84 (Must-Watch)
Trailers
Supplementary Material
Social Media Accounts
Other The Last of Us OTs

lfv3Vks.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
It'll take a moment for me to add links to the other OT once I'm able to post it.

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
Why open spoilers for part 2? It's not part of the season and I'm sure there are many who have only played part 1 (hi!)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Cannot wait to watch! Excited to see how the game is adapted.

I do think spoiler tags should be used for Part 2 since the game is only two years old, and some may not have played it, even if the show isn't adapting it (yet).

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Why open spoilers for part 2? It's not part of the season and I'm sure there are many who have only played part 1 (hi!)
There was some discussion about that in the review threads. Because we were already splitting discussion between two OTs, there were worries that enforcing a spoiler rule for Part II in this thread might be making things a bit too granular.

If enough people decide it would be best to require spoiler tags for Part II content, then it can be changed. Ultimately it's whatever the community decides. I don't really mind either way, speaking personally.

Vaern

Fallen Guardian
Jan 9, 2023
There was some discussion about that in the review threads. Because we were already splitting discussion between two OTs, there were worries that enforcing a spoiler rule for Part II in this thread might be making things a bit too granular.

If enough people decide it would be best to require spoiler tags for Part II content, then it can be changed. Ultimately it's whatever the community decides. I don't really mind either way, speaking personally.
I say keep open spoilers, thread will not only discuss the current season but future seasons as well.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I would be okay with asking people to mark spoilers for TLOU2, if there's enough people that would be helpful for. One tricky part is that even just saying Ellie is in part 2 already 'spoils' that she lives through part 1

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
I would be okay with asking people to mark spoilers for TLOU2, if there's enough people that would be helpful for. One tricky part is that even just saying Ellie is in part 2 already 'spoils' that she lives through part 1

If you are on this forum what are the chances you don't know that there is a second game and who is in it?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
To me this is why it is not worth trying to enforce part 2 spoiler tags in this thread. If people are worried about part 2 spoilers, they can just go to the other thread to discuss the show without mentioning spoilers from the first game either. I think the people who have played the first game, are interested in the show, but havent played the 2nd game and are not going to in the next 2 months is a tiny demographic. The game has been out for almost 3 years, if they are gonna play it there has been plenty of time.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Even IF we decide to spoiler tag Part II stuff I feel like this should be fair game to talk about since it was obviously part of the game's marketing. I feel like anything which is part of a game's marketing shouldn't have to be spoiler tagged to begin with.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you are on this forum what are the chances you don't know that there is a second game and who is in it?

Even IF we decide to spoiler tag Part II stuff I feel like this should be fair game to talk about since it was obviously part of the game's marketing. I feel like anything which is part of a game's marketing shouldn't have to be spoiler tagged to begin with.

Both good points.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Can't wait. My most anticipated show like ever. Hope it gets renewed so we get part 2 adaptation

Netsuke

Dec 3, 2019
I've watched the entire show, so I can confirm the list of directors:

Epi 01: Craig Mazin
Epi 02: Neil Druckmann
Epi 03: Peter Hoar
Epi 04: Jeremy Webb
Epi 05: Jeremy Webb
Epi 06: Jasmila Zbanic
Epi 07: Liza Jackson
Epi 08: Ali Abbasi
Epi 09: Ali Abbasi

Last edited:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Not ready for Henry and Sam.
no one is...lol

Lot of praise for part 3, so probably going deeper into the Bill/Frank fallout, I hope we get a lot more Henry/Sam as well, even though it's gonna hurt.

Also, if part 2 is a thing, I hope we get a LOT more years of part 1 --> Part 2 before the golf club. It would really help some of us in letting go of our favorite characters, and of course, with the show, they can flesh out Abby and her friends more. During the game, I can't say that I cared for any of them all that much tbh. Only character that's likable is Lev lol.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Despite loving both games I still didn't manage to replay them even once. Even though I have the remastered version of 1 and played the start again a couple years back.

Will definitely try to play through it between episodes 1-3 of the show. Thankfully though I remember the whole story pretty well.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
no one is...lol

Lot of praise for part 3, so probably going deeper into the Bill/Frank fallout, I hope we get a lot more Henry/Sam as well, even though it's gonna hurt.

Also, if part 2 is a thing, I hope we get a LOT more years of part 1 --> Part 2 before the golf club. It would really help some of us in letting go of our favorite characters, and of course, with the show, they can flesh out Abby and her friends more. During the game, I can't say that I cared for any of them all that much tbh. Only character that's likable is Lev lol.

They've Indicated a Season 2 would jump right into Part 2.