• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions?

• 95-99 (Same as Uncharted 2, The Last of Us)

Votes: 639 46.6%
  • 90-94 (Same as Uncharted 4, Uncharted 3)

Votes: 599 43.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 90 6.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • <75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

Its honestly annoying seeing people say "paid reviewers!!" when a game gets effusive praise and then when a game gets trashed "that check didn't clear huh"

Like yea bias is in everyone. But I think a vast majority critics genuinely do feel the way they about a game in a review.

But the paid reviewer shit is just a big ole myth that I hope dies off someday.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018

He seems to dislike the positive reception the game got lol.

From his article👀
Yet there are also those developers, some of whom still work at Naughty Dog today, who say that there's a part of them that actually wishes this game would fail. A critical flop might help show Naughty Dog that this isn't the best way to make games, that this level of sacrifice isn't necessary, that maybe the project isn't worth losing all of these people. That perhaps, no matter how many Game of the Year nominations they win or how high their Metacritic scores climb, all the individual hairs on Joel's eyebrows or the grains of sand in a burlap sack just aren't worth the cost.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Everyone let's use common sense. Why on earth would Schreier be salty about tLoU's reception? Because he wrote an article criticizing Naughty Dog's labor practices? He has been consistent on that topic. I know this thread really doesn't have much to talk about until the game comes out without getting into spoilers and leaks but are we really going to have to nitpick every single tweet by these journalists? We're all better than that.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone let's use common sense. Why on earth would Schreier be salty about tLoU's reception? Because he wrote an article criticizing Naughty Dog's labor practices? He has been consistent on that topic. I know this thread really doesn't have much to talk about until the game comes out without getting into spoilers and leaks but are we really going to have to nitpick every single tweet by these journalists? We're all better than that.
Because the only possible explanation is for there to actually be a deep seated hatred and wishing for the game to fail, that's the only reason anyone can ever be critical.

Honestly a lot of the posts calling Jason a crybaby or salty are absolutely ridiculous and gross. Y'all are supposed to be better than this

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone fill me in on what the deal with skill up is?

I remember ERA kinda discovered him with his GOW review and we all thought he seemed like good people.

Cory interacts a lot with him on twitter

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
Because the only possible explanation is for there to actually be a deep seated hatred and wishing for the game to fail, that's the only reason anyone can ever be critical.

Honestly a lot of the posts calling Jason a crybaby or salty are absolutely ridiculous and gross. Y'all are supposed to be better than this
you're either a paid shill by sony to praise the game or someone with a seething hatred of all things popular and must spread the gospel of this games vile narrative, there are no inbetweens

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018

I have no problem with Jason, I think he's an amazing journalist, those doom and gloom articles before release just seem a bit bad faith to me in context now, (and I'm sure he was joking in the tweet).

Oct 25, 2017
So instead of trying to explain to me the situation you just mock me because I'm asking a question? This game is making a lot of noise, that is a fact. I don't know if he is joking or not I just wanna know what is happening.
Because you can easily take the time to read the thread and form your own opinion instead of creating a conspiracy to hate AAA games.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
......wat

schrieier is obviously making a silly joke about peach putting luigi in the firendzone.

yall are way too invested.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Because you can easily take the time to read the thread and form your own opinion instead of creating a conspiracy to hate AAA games.

Nah, you seem angry and I don't know why. I was asking question not spitting facts about Jason. The only thing that I suggested was that this game is making a noise from across a lot of media outlets, youtubers, journalist, etc. The game is a love or hate situation. I took the time to read. It reminded me of RDR 2. A game that people love or hate.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Like at some point playing TLOU2 you are going to stab a dog to death and a trophy notification is going to pop up. A game which simulates violence as a core, repeated mechanic can muse a bit on the impact of violence, but ultimately it does ring a little hollow. Making analogies to other media that deal with violence and suffering is tricky because a movie like Schindler's List is inherently anti-violence. All of the action it depicts is sorrowful and pathetic and sad.

Francois Truffaut said, "There's no such thing as an anti-war movie." What he meant is that a war movie can narratively be anti-war, but
......wat

schrieier is obviously making a silly joke about peach putting luigi in the firendzone.

yall are way too invested.
probably are too invested, but to be fair after going at Jeff pretty relentlessly yesterday for what was, in my opinion, a clumsy but ultimately harmless tweet, he just seems to have a chip on his shoulder about this game

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ahead of its release, this game is giving me conflicting feelings of on one hand being very excited to see it, but that excitement coming completely from being eager to see how much emotional strain it actually puts on me...

The hell is this???

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an OT title suggestion yet? I was thinking

Last of Us 2 OT | Not Okay.

That's the last thing Ellie says in the original

Feb 23, 2019
From his article👀

He seems to really have a bone to pick with the way Naughty Dog operates as a company, and I don't know why. He can report the facts (as he's been told by sources), but ND is a team of high achievers and have a very high work ethic and it's not something to be ashamed of in my views. Not every job/profession/career is going to have 30 hour work weeks. What Naughty Dog does is a labor of love, and even the guy that criticized ND said he never worked a week over 45 hours, so I'm not really sure why that paints a bad culture at their office when many people are working so much because they want to.

That's no reason to wish the game shouldn't get praised. Seems really childish.

Oct 25, 2017
Only in an Era review thread: people taking a joke that Paper Mario is brutal and emotionally harrowing and reading it as someone being salty over TLoU2's scores.

You guys are wild lol

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Only in an Era review thread: people taking a joke that Paper Mario is brutal and emotionally harrowing and reading it as someone being salty over TLoU2's scores.

You guys are wild lol

The wait for this game is bringing out the most weirdest comments I've seen in a review thread in a long time lol.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Do we have an OT title suggestion yet? I was thinking

Last of Us 2 OT | Not Okay.

That's the last thing Ellie says in the original
How about:
The Last of Us Part II IOTI Divided By Hate

The theme is about hate and after looking at this Game's reception over last couple of months, it sure as hell fits this game and its not even out yet XD

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
People really getting into more arguments over Twitter stuff? Just chill people.

(I mean, I made a dumb comment but didn't continue with it)

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I already gave my og ps4 to my sister few months ago and this game and Ghost is tempting me to buy a pro while it is still on sale.

Its either get the pro now and play these on launch or wait for the ps5 this holiday.
Damn choices..

Side question : if I buy it digital I can use it with my 2 ps4s using my own account right? How does local save game work on that?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
It's truly an agonizing wait until Friday. Had the game preordered for like 9 months already, and had initially selected mail as delivery method. But the store (Webhallen in Sweden) are having midnight openings for the game due to the Midsummer celebrations, so hoping they acknowledge my change so I can pick it up between Thursday and Friday.