Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
A day and a bit late, and I finally watched the last two episodes back to back.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and once I saw a glimpse of the black glove, I knew it was Luke Skywalker!

Felt quite giddy and childlike at seeing him go through those Dark Troopers with ease, after seeing Mando struggling to fend off just the one earlier in the episode.

My only grumble with this episode is that Bo-Katan was shot by Moff Gideon several times over at close range, only for nobody to react in surprise — was she actually hurt by the incident?

Looking forward to seeing what happens without Grogu next season, and if Mando will be able to use the Darksaber effectively, given that Moff Gideon couldn't use it to its fullest power.

p.s. Fuck me! Looking at the past couple of pages, folks on here are still harping on about 'The Last Jedi' in the most profoundly negative way, and how it destroyed Star Wars.

What if you're someone who liked The Last Jedi's Luke and also liked seeing him here too? Is such a thing possible?

That's me and a lot of people I think.

Rian himself liked this tweet.

It's completely possible. I think The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie after original trilogy and loved Luke in that movie. Also at the same time, really loved Luke in this episode of The Mandalorian.

Thank goodness there's some sensible people on this page...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm by no means any kind of super fan, but if you want to make a more dedicated fan out of someone who has only had a passing interest in the more expansive parts of SW as a whole... That episode and the ending is probably how you do it.

This show makes me wanna watch Clone Wars sooner rather than later, so it was certainly a success in that regard

What if you're someone who liked The Last Jedi's Luke and also liked seeing him here too? Is such a thing possible?

Yes, I exist

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
It's not unlikely that a traumatic event would turn someone confident and powerful such as post-RotJ Luke into Hermit Luke. That's literally the premise of the entire sequel trilogy! And we got to see both versions of him now! Really, where is the contradiction in liking both Luke?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
It's dumb that the discussion has once again devolved into The Last Jedi vs. the rest, since that isn't the problem with this scene. Both versions of Luke are fine because people change over the years.

The problem is that it's a completely empty scene. Luke is a school example of a deus ex machina. He just pops up completely unrelated to the actions of any of the protagonists this episode, solves all the issues and flies of again. It's boring, unrewarding for viewers invested in the story and actions of the actual main cast of the show and kinda lazy. At the very least Mando and the rest of the team should've gotten involved in the fight with the Dark Troopers instead of just staring blankly at a screen.

I saw a Twitter response this morning that felt very apt. It said "I love it when a show's conclusion would've been exactly the same if all the heroes went to have a drink". And of course, while that's not 100% true (there wouldn't have been the emotional trade-off of Grogu for example), it is kinda true for most of it since it can be assumed that even without Mando's involvement Luke would've shown up and saved Grogu.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that it's a completely empty scene. Luke is a school example of a deus ex machina. He just pops up completely unrelated to the actions of any of the protagonists this episode, solves all the issues and flies of again. It's boring, unrewarding for viewers invested in the story and actions of the actual main cast of the show and kinda lazy.

How is it a deus ex machina when the entire plot of the season was finding a jedi for grogu? He sent the call out in the previous episode so we knew someone hearing was possible. That critique would make sense if luke popped up in season 1 to rescue them from moff and said yo I felt a yoda in the force or something.

it is kinda true for most of it since it can be assumed that even without Mando's involvement Luke would've shown up and saved Grogu.

Or his x-wing would have been blasted out of the sky (space sky?)

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a cool moment, but sweet jeezus the performance of the CGI character was terrible.

It looked like a literal mannequin (no prequel jokes) come to life once the hood comes off.

Can they not use Avatar's 2008 era tech to get better facial performance at least? Or hire some Deep Fake expert off the internet for $200?

Did Mark Hamill even do the performance or just the voice?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a cool moment, but sweet jeezus the performance of the CGI character was terrible.

It looked like a literal mannequin (no prequel jokes) come to life once the hood comes off.

Can they not use Avatar's 2008 era tech to get better facial performance at least? Or hire some Deep Fake expert off the internet for $200?

Did Mark Hamill even do the performance or just the voice?
When they showed Luke's bare hand it looked older so I am guessing they may have had Mark come on set. I am sure he would enjoy it. He like alot of people knew all the Old EU and the Tales of Master Skywalker going around saving the galaxy and was saddened to miss out on that.

Having Luke come in and kick ass was a bit of a love letter to all fans.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When they showed Luke's bare hand it looked older so I am guessing they may have had Mark come on set. I am sure he would enjoy it. He like alot of people knew all the Old EU and the Tales of Master Skywalker going around saving the galaxy and was saddened to miss out on that.

Having Luke come in and kick ass was a bit of a love letter to all fans.

The idea was cool, but man the CGI was really, really bad. There's no performance or emotion in the face at all.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
How is it a deus ex machina when the entire plot of the season was finding a jedi for grogu? He sent the call out in the previous episode so we knew someone hearing was possible. That critique would make sense if luke popped up in season 1 to rescue them from moff and said yo I felt a yoda in the force or something.

Or his x-wing would have been blasted out of the sky (space sky?)
Because within the confines of the episode it's still a very sudden conclusion to the situation presented. At no point during the episode is it mentioned that the Jedi they are looking for might show up. Sure, in the back of the mind of the viewers it's there as a possibility, but the show very much builds up towards a big final confrontation featuring the actual heroes of the show and no third party.

Then the final moment of confrontation seems to be there and... No wait, Luke is here and destroys every Dark Trooper without a sweat. Problem solved, our heroes are saved while doing nothing.

There are so many different ways that they could've resolved the whole "we're looking for a Jedi subplot", but for fanservice reasons they chose for the solution where the actual characters we've been following throughout the series do absolutely nothing and are completely overshadowed by a semi-random insert of fanservice.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea was cool, but man the CGI was really, really bad. There's no performance or emotion in the face at all.
Yeah they could have done much better on it. but yeah looking at the Episode again when Luke is standing there and Grogu is looking at R2 you can see the Ungloved hand is much older looking compared to earlier shots of the hand

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoy this show when it's just an adventure series that also happens to be advancing the plot towards a specific goal. I'd argue that episode 7 of this season was the best of the series because of that.

But then you get clunky shit like whatever the hell that scene with Moff Gideon and the mandalorians was. Just some contrived shit to try and create conflict with that whole "you must duel the Mando to get the dark saber back" (not to the death though I guess? Just set up for a cool fight coming up?). I'm glad they quickly moved on from that as the big fanservice moment subsequently stole all attention.

They wanted to give Luke a rogue one style Jedi scene. It looked very cool until he took his hood off, and I loved seeing him fight like that. It's fan wankery but whatever its just capping off the grogu arc and as long as it's never followed up on again then I don't mind it.

Still hoping we one day get some star wars properties very far removed from the Skywalker saga timeline tho. But the mandalorian clearly isn't so they were bound to pull the trigger on the big character. Solo is next prolly.

Action in this show is great and they've been stepping it up continuously, that's what will keep me watching because the writing sure isn't doing much of interest. Bill Burr is the only character in prolly the whole series that seems fully realized. Everybody else is just an entry from wookiepedia brought to life to do some cool shit and mention other names ppl might know.

Anyways rant over, despite all my whining I had fun with it.

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The problem is that it's a completely empty scene. Luke is a school example of a deus ex machina. He just pops up completely unrelated to the actions of any of the protagonists this episode, solves all the issues and flies of again. It's boring, unrewarding for viewers invested in the story and actions of the actual main cast of the show and kinda lazy. At the very least Mando and the rest of the team should've gotten involved in the fight with the Dark Troopers instead of just staring blankly at a screen.
Yeah this is a nonsense argument. At the point this story takes place there are single digits Jedi in the Galaxy, and one of them rejected Grogu and being a Jedi while also telling Mando to take the child to a giant homing beacon where he then spend an episode turning himself into one. Then, the only Jedi master in the existence in the entire universe looking to restore the Jedi shows up in response to said homing beacon to retrieve the child. It would have been weird if it was a random Jedi that we never met. And the few we do know of have other storylines that are important.

Oh and it turns out Luke is super powerful, who knew. After all he only defeated the most powerful Sith on the planet a little while ago. Bloody ridiculous he makes easy work of some robots.

The rest of the team are there because they're setting up next seasons arc about Mandalore, Mando already defeated the main villain and a Dark Trooper on his own, something which wasn't easy to do. Of course he's not rushing out to find a dozen of them at once. Dark Saber or no.

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
This is quite frankly the worst episode of the mandalorian. Too much fan service and the implied result of all this is Grogu dies sometime in the future and likely by Kylo or the scrub previous leader of the knights of ren. It would have been better if it capped off with Grogu's call reaching Ezra and having Ezra return to train Grogu.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I agree with you here. It makes sense for a Jedi to show up, it's what the series was working towards this entire season.

From the last episode of season 1 up until now you knew that Grogu would eventually end up with a Jedi. And Luke makes the most sense with everything we know. I think he was handled perfectly in this episode, again like the Ahsoka episode, it shows that Favreau and Filoni have a much better grasp of incorporating these powerful characters while not undermining the emotional core of the story.

Luke in this episode is cold and distant (compare that with where he's at in TLJ where cut off from the force he's much more emotional from the first moment we see him, and ironically much closer to his OT counterpart) and while he brings the fireworks the show never forgets that the heart of this journey so far is Din and Grogu's relationship. The fanservice argument gets pushed around so fast as something that's always negative. But here it makes sense things played out the way they did.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show is basically turning the Star Wars universe into the MCU style of story telling on a TV budget, which if we're honest is a lot of fan service.

Whether you think that's good or bad or both I guess depends on what you like from Star Wars.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the next season is about restoring mandalore and also maybe some insight into the rise of the first order or something to that extent. Fine with just assuming grogu was a failed Jedi trainee (the downside of setting your shows in between a bunch of movies. More new stuff plz)

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Because within the confines of the episode it's still a very sudden conclusion to the situation presented.
But not with the scope of the season, the entire arc has been leading to finding a jedi.

At no point during the episode is it mentioned that the Jedi they are looking for might show up. Sure, in the back of the mind of the viewers it's there as a possibility, but the show very much builds up towards a big final confrontation featuring the actual heroes of the show and no third party.
They dont have to explicitly mention hey any jedis around" U see any jedis? No? That's nuts.

Then the final moment of confrontation seems to be there and... No wait, Luke is here and destroys every Dark Trooper without a sweat. Problem solved, our heroes are saved while doing nothing.
This is such an odd criticsm. The "here comes the troops" trope have been around forever. Just because someone gets rescued doesnt mean its a "deus ex machinima!" People really need to stop using literary terms they don't understand.

And the heroes didn't do "nothing." Luke wouldn't have known about baby yoda if not for Mando finding ashoka, getting him to the planet, sending the signal etc. Luke wouldn't have been able to board without the Mando attack. Even if he did, would he have got to baby yoda in time? Its so weird & pointless to speculate on all these factors.

There are so many different ways that they could've resolved the whole "we're looking for a Jedi subplot", but for fanservice reasons they chose for the solution where the actual characters we've been following throughout the series do absolutely nothing and are completely overshadowed by a semi-random insert of fanservice.

What is "fan service"? How do you depict well loved characters without the dreaded "fan service" critique? Please dont say TLJ, really please don't.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the next season is about restoring mandalore and also maybe some insight into the rise of the first order or something to that extent. Fine with just assuming grogu was a failed Jedi trainee (the downside of setting your shows in between a bunch of movies. More new stuff plz)

It's going to be interesting because for the "mass audience", Grogu/Baby Yoda is the star of the show, quite possibly the most popular new Star Wars character since 1980 when they introduced (well) Yoda. I don't think they can keep him out of the show for long.

You know Disney also is loving that sweet, sweet Baby Yoda merchandising bonanza too.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be interesting because for the "mass audience", Grogu/Baby Yoda is the star of the show, quite possibly the most popular new Star Wars character since 1980 when they introduced (well) Yoda. I don't think they can keep him out of the show for long.

You know Disney also is loving that sweet, sweet Baby Yoda merchandising bonanza too.

It's so wack to dump grogu back into the show after this ending but yeah I guess, they backed themselves into a corner with him since he might be what keeps most viewers watching and the merch sales are prolly hot too

Also I hate to invoke The last Jedi in yet another star wars thread but fan reception to this episode has proved that all Rian Johnson had to do was give Luke a super Saiyan Jedi action scene at the end and the movie would be beloved lol.

This episode had a fucking stunt double in a robe doing cool Jedi shit and then some creepy CGI face of Mark Hamill and people are calling it the best star wars content I don't get it. But yeah ima keep watching if they keep the action up. Second season was a big step up in that regard.

Last edited:

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Luke isn't space Jesus or some Sith whisper. Luke being able to bring Vader breifly to the light side before his death was directly related to him being Vaders son. If Luke is just repeating the mistakes of the past and separating force powerful younglins from their loved ones Ahsoka is right on this one. Nothing we've seen from either the new EU or ST show us that Luke is creating a new type of jedi order.

Whoa, interesting thought. It fits.

The tie fighter launch sequence was incredible.

DeadlyThirstyArrowcrab-small.gif

Yes. I'm right here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so wack to dump grogu back into the show after this ending but yeah I guess, they backed themselves into a corner with him since he might be what keeps most viewers watching and the merch sales are prolly hot too

Also I hate to invoke The last Jedi in yet another star wars thread but fan reception to this episode has proved that all Rian Johnson had to do was give Luke a super Saiyan Jedi action scene at the end and the movie would be beloved lol.

Yeah narratively they're going to probably have to do some backflips. I was shopping at the Disney Store in my local mall like a few weeks ago and the Baby Yoda merchandising section is like practically the entire Star Wars section, lol. Baby Yoda dolls, back packs, t-shirts, plushies, etc.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
I really dug the season. What really impressed me was the overall quality of the show, mostly because I'm currently watching Star Trek: The Original Series (the '60's one) for the first time and it's pretty nutzo to see how far TV budgets/production have come since then. To think we're getting (MULTIPLE!) movie-quality Star Wars TELEVISION shows is still pretty darn impressive to me.

Seeing fan faves like Boba and Luke return was a little hokey, but I'm cool with it. However, if we see less Baby Yoda, I'm gonna be super sad. That dude made this show and it'd be foolish for them to simply end his story by sending him to Jedi pre-school. But I know I'm not the only who thinks this, so I reckon he'll be back on some form or fashion. Or at least I hope. BRING HIM BACKKKKK!

As far as the end credits scene... I thought for sure, Bib Fortuna was gonna drop Boba into the Ranchor pit, only for Boba to jet out and then throw his ass in there. Missed opportunity! Lol.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
This entire debate is between reactions of Android 17 and Android 18.

Luke is the Rocket Punch.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Also the CG in the space battle and the set piece inside of the imperial transporter when they capture the clone scientist looked absolutely terrible .

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah narratively they're going to probably have to do some backflips. I was shopping at the Disney Store in my local mall like a few weeks ago and the Baby Yoda merchandising section is like practically the entire Star Wars section, lol. Baby Yoda dolls, back packs, t-shirts, plushies, etc.

If they have a high quality model of baby Yoda I'm tempted to buy it tbh

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
At some point I think the only thing that would satisfy some fans is for a Star Wars series not called Star Wars and also not set within it's universe. Not saying the show is perfect and that it can't improve. But honestly, I think some people just don't want Star Wars because anytime Star Wars shit shows up in Mando, they get angry.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Luke isn't space Jesus or some Sith whisper. Luke being able to bring Vader breifly to the light side before his death was directly related to him being Vaders son. If Luke is just repeating the mistakes of the past and separating force powerful younglins from their loved ones Ahsoka is right on this one. Nothing we've seen from either the new EU or ST show us that Luke is creating a new type of jedi order.

We really don't know much about Luke Jedi order in Canon.

But Bloodline Novel say that Han and Leia still keep Contact Ben.

Safe to assume that he allow student parents met them.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the jedi reveal moment and how it mirrored Vader's arrival at the end of Rogue One. I also think it was the perfect time to showcase this portrayal of Luke, which did not make any sense to show at the ST.

I enjoyed the season but I think they are going to ruin the magic of SW again pretty soon. This show hit pretty good because it was the only piece of good SW for a while and an original story for the most part. If we're going to start getting spin-offs for every character available, the quality decreases as the series fatigues and we know none of this stories even matter at the end of the saga, I can see the next batch of stories being a mess. Seems like going forward we're going to have three separate shows diverging from this (Ashoka, Book of Bobba and Mandalorian S3), along with the other announced projects.

They are getting too cocky with the series again, I thought they would have learned their lesson with Solo's reception.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I do think it's a bit weird that Luke never told Mando his name.
Surely Luke is one of the more famous people in the universe. He's still one of the top military commanders of the rebellion and the one that rid the universe of the emperor even if the Jedi are a mystery. I'd assume Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando are all pretty much in "let me get a selfie with you" fame territory.

Last edited:

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
This episode did next to nothing for me :(
I'll be curious to see how this show is viewed in later years, once the novelty has worn off and it's evaluated on its own merits.

I think my favourite episode of the season was actually last week's. As awesome as it was to see Ahsoka and other characters in live action, last week's ep felt like it had a good amount of everything: character development, world building, tension, great action. This week's had a couple of neat set pieces (I liked the stuff with the TIEs coming out of the launch tube, and Din's 1v1 with the darktrooper), but the dialogue and pacing just felt off to me, and Luke's face was super distracting.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn. I loved it.

I don't het have half you can call yourselves star wars fans... But hate everything about star wars 😂.

'' I love star wars... But only the first three movies original theatrical addition. And really only Empire... And even in empires it's really only scene X Y and Z. ... "

Oct 27, 2017
Surely Luke is one of the more famous people in the universe. He's still one of the top military commanders of the rebellion and the one that did the universe of the emperor even if the Jedi are a mystery. I'd assume Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando are all pretty much in "let me get a selfie with you" fame territory.

I'm sure his battle with the emporer is pretty much a secret and Wedge/Landon get credit for the DS2, but surely Cara would recognize the guy who avenged Alderan.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this is a nonsense argument. At the point this story takes place there are single digits Jedi in the Galaxy, and one of them rejected Grogu and being a Jedi while also telling Mando to take the child to a giant homing beacon where he then spend an episode turning himself into one. Then, the only Jedi master in the existence in the entire universe looking to restore the Jedi shows up in response to said homing beacon to retrieve the child. It would have been weird if it was a random Jedi that we never met. And the few we do know of have other storylines that are important.

Oh and it turns out Luke is super powerful, who knew. After all he only defeated the most powerful Sith on the planet a little while ago. Bloody ridiculous he makes easy work of some robots.

The rest of the team are there because they're setting up next seasons arc about Mandalore, Mando already defeated the main villain and a Dark Trooper on his own, something which wasn't easy to do. Of course he's not rushing out to find a dozen of them at once. Dark Saber or no.
I don't think it's such a ridiculous argument, as it's IMO a very boring way too end the storyline of Grogu and Mando. It completely strips the main cast of the show from any agency. I get that Mando and co. weren't going to rush out to fight them, but Luke could've showed up while they were battling the Dark Troopers or they could've gone out to fight them along with Luke. Your argument of "Mando doesn't want to fight a dozen" is a bit silly anyway, because he's not on his own anymore, he's got four others to help.

Imagine if in The Two Towers Gandalf and the Riders of Rohan would've soloed the Uruk-Hai army with Aragorn and the others watching from a window or if in Endgame Captain Marvel would've just showed up in the climax and killed Thanos no problem while the rest did nothing. That would've been lame as hell and those appearances were more expected in those movies than Luke's was in this episode.

And your last paragraph is actually a huge issue I have with this kind of modern blockbuster writing mainly from Disney-related franchises (but also some others). When the only reason stuff happens in your tv episode or movie is "well, this is clearly set-up for the next part" then IMO you have failed as a writer. Especially in a season finale, you shouldn't spend a huge part of the episode on something that will pay off in the future.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
This episode did next to nothing for me :(
I'll be curious to see how this show is viewed in later years, once the novelty has worn off and it's evaluated on its own merits.

I think my favourite episode of the season was actually last week's. As awesome as it was to see Ahsoka and other characters in live action, last week's ep felt like it had a good amount of everything: character development, world building, tension, great action. This week's had a couple of neat set pieces (I liked the stuff with the TIEs coming out of the launch tube, and Din's 1v1 with the darktrooper), but the dialogue and pacing just felt off to me, and Luke's face was super distracting.

last week's was the best episode of the series and also Bill Burr's character is probably the only one so far that feels really fleshed out and fun to watch outside of the novelty factor.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I exist. I think?
giphy.gif

I knew this response was coming 🤦🏻‍♂️ "Future" means beyond anything we've already seen.
It could just mean the future of the franchise, it doesn't have to mean that it's the "chronologically future" inside the universe. 🤷‍♀️
We will find out sooner or later. It would just feel a bit strange to me to attach a name so heavily connected to the OT to a movie that takes place after the sequels. But who knows what this movie will be and how Disney is handling the movies in the future.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Surely Luke is one of the more famous people in the universe. He's still one of the top military commanders of the rebellion and the one that did the universe of the emperor even if the Jedi are a mystery. I'd assume Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando are all pretty much in "let me get a selfie with you" fame territory.

Nothing in that room showed that though. Some of them have to know who he is, but nobody said anything. From Mando's point of view this guy is an unknown mysterious dude. He says to Grogu he will see him again, but never asks Luke for his name if he wants to find him again someday.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
And your last paragraph is actually a huge issue I have with this kind of modern blockbuster writing mainly from Disney-related franchises (but also some others). When the only reason stuff happens in your tv episode or movie is "well, this is clearly set-up for the next part" then IMO you have failed as a writer. Especially in a season finale, you shouldn't spend a huge part of the episode on something that will pay off in the future.
Continuing TV shows setting up arcs in the final episode of a season is neither an issue, nor a fialure of a writer. It is expected.

This happens not just in TV, but in any kind of continuous storytelling.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Nothing in that room showed that though. Some of them have to know who he is, but nobody said anything. From Mando's point of view this guy is an unknown mysterious dude. He says to Grogu he will see him again, but never asks Luke for his name if he wants to find him again someday.
Again, if Barack Obama walks into a room, would you both not need to ask his name and treat the man with some reverence? Luke is so famous everyone will know who is, and he is so mythical a figure you wouldn't bombard him with a million questions.

Shado

Oct 26, 2017
I'll never understand fans who want their heroes to fail.

Seems like a lot of people who be happy if Ahsoka ended up drunk and dead in a ditch somewhere because it's "more realistic".

I read and watch fantasy tales because these are people you strive to be, Heroes out fighting for good forever, not someone I want to see reflect the real world. If I wanted that I'd just read and watch historical documentaries and autobiographies.

Agree with all of this. Imagine something like this in one of the sequel movies...Alas.

Mandalorian seems to have people who know how to mine the Star Wars lore and do a better job than the big budgeted sequels did. Jon Favreau really knows his stuff. Immense respect to him having been the one who really set off MCU and then following up with this. Give the man a bigger budget.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn, relitigating TLJ in here, ugh, that just can't be me in 2020. Some people really gotta get over that shit

For me, the show reveals what it is very clearly and plainly in the pilot. It really hasn't veered too far off of being a popcorn adventure series, and I came to terms with that very quickly.

I understand that doesn't work for everyone, but Mando has been very honest and upfront about what it is since day 1 (though the marketing was very misleading about its tone, which initially was very disappointing).

Obviously it's not a perfect show and its got it's missteps and shortcomings, but one thing it has down: fun. This is not a series that was created to be picked apart.

If you go into it looking for a good time, chances are you're going to be entertained, that's how I approach it, again, I understand if that doesn't work for everyone, but if you're expecting a deep show with fleshed out characters at this point, you're going to be disappointed.

Hopefully there will be more SW shows to fill that void, and I think one or two of them will accomplish that well. It's just not Mando people.. it likely never will be. And that's ok.

Last edited: