Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, I listened to Unorthodox, The Spectral Sorrows and Purgatory Afterglow yesterday. Along with Crimson, I think I may consider Edge of Sanity to be my favourite death metal band now. I used to think of Entombed, because of Left Hand Path, Clandestine and Wolverine Blues, but I think they've been surpassed now!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So, I listened to Unorthodox, The Spectral Sorrows and Purgatory Afterglow yesterday. Along with Crimson, I think I may consider Edge of Sanity to be my favourite death metal band now. I used to think of Entombed, because of Left Hand Path, Clandestine and Wolverine Blues, but I think they've been surpassed now!

Now listen to Moontower. Only if you crave for more danswanism.

and Karaboudjan

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Monty from ASRA passed away. They were one of the best bands to come from here. If you like grindcore/deathgrind at all, check 'em out:

He also did this with members of Defeatist and Triac:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Just gave Reflections of a Floating World a full listen for the first time in quite a while. When it was new, I was somewhat taken aback by the more spacey, melodic sound, but it's grown on me in a big way. I'll probably feel the same about Omens eventually.

Jun 19, 2020
Wacken worldwide is live right now (replacement for the Wacken festival):

wackenkmjfz.png

Deleted member 57578

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
After several weeks of teasers, the new Imperial Triumphant is out. Streaming on spotify, but not available on Bandcamp, which... I don't get.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Cloudkicker has released the first song off his new album:

I think this is older song rerecorded.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

queuing this up for Bandcamp Day this Friday. Not sure how I missed these guys, but this is some ultra violent Blasphemy worship, up there with the likes of Proclamation and Bestial Raids. Absolutely barbaric chaos.

CaptainTrips

Nov 20, 2017
Going through Hells Headbanger's label artists (i think i was on a Shitfucker mood at the time), I picked up on Abysmal Lord.
Goddamn that some filthy Blasphemy worship

Oct 27, 2017

new Krallice full length to look forward to this Friday. I wasn't the biggest fan of The Wheel so I'm curious to see if the content will be more in line with that song or not

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I need to go back through Krallice's discography. The S/T is still amazing, as well is Dimensional Bleedthrough. I still throw both of those on quite often and I have the S/T on vinyl. I remember being underwhelmed by Diatoma at the time but it has been forever since I listened to it. I kinda stopped paying a lot of attention after that. I know they've done some experimenting with their sound so I should go back through and see what sticks with me now.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Also, from an album unlike any I've heard since:
Nexus Polaris is a classic in melodic BM. One of the best of the style.

Don't sleep on Animatronic by the follow-up band The Kovenant either. I'm usually not a big fan of industrial/electronic metal, but Animatronic is is a masterpiece of the style IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
I need to go back through Krallice's discography. The S/T is still amazing, as well is Dimensional Bleedthrough. I still throw both of those on quite often and I have the S/T on vinyl. I remember being underwhelmed by Diatoma at the time but it has been forever since I listened to it. I kinda stopped paying a lot of attention after that. I know they've done some experimenting with their sound so I should go back through and see what sticks with me now.
some albums have grown on me more than others. I think their much more recent work isn't as enjoyable for me as their earlier albums (like wolf EP, prelapsarian, loum) and they're one of my favorite bands... I want to like the new stuff.

everything else is pretty solid. diotima was a great follow up to dimensional bleedthrough but still not as good so we're kind of on the same page there. hyperion rules, and ygg hurr has grown on me a lot.

my likely controversial ranking
1. dimensional bleedthrough
2. hyperion
3. ygg hurr
4. years past matter
5. diotima
6. self-titled
7. go be forgotten
8. prelapsarian
9. loum
10. wolf

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Ygg Hurr the best one of those I've heard, by a very wide margin.

Nexus Polaris still rules and always will. Any The Kovenant not so much, for me it didn't stand the test of time.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
The new Avatar album is dropping today.

And the band put the entire album to listen on their youtube channel :

Sounds really good.

Oct 27, 2017

edit: song 7 on this album is pretty wild. granted I saw a couple of the songs live and completely forgot, but Colin switches guitar for bass and they do 2 x bass, 1 x guitar and drums. very geryon forward sound

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Orbit Culture is finally up and I am very happy.

Unlucky Morpheus' new album is up as well and its very good. Symphonic power/melodeath from Japan.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
just learned today that there will be a new Eternal Champion record out this November via No Remorse. SICK.