• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Wodosssssssss

20240323_213913.jpg

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
A new lyric video for the upcoming Rhapsody (of Fire) album is unfortunately filled to the brim with AI bullshit.

7lqZyQX.png

Even the thumbnail has an angel with six fingers

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Elder mentioned that they are "coming out of a songwriting hibernation" to play at Sabertooth Festival, meaning a new album must be on the way. Maybe later this year or early next, depending on the details and how far along they are. I'm excited to see where they go after Innate Passage, I thought it did a good job of bringing back a bit of their earlier heavy sound (compared to Omens) while still being very spacey and psychedelic.

View: https://www.facebook.com/elderofficial/posts/pfbid0rKeufxsWtDwST6vTS9KnuTGRbc2oGgjGks61bsDWagqm9XkDpKVuvMW4ddu7ip4el

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020

View: https://suffersd.bandcamp.com/album/grand-canvas-of-the-aesthete?from=embed

If you're a weirdo like me who thinks Necroticism was peak '90s death metal, boy, do I have the album for you.

Winding, not-quite-progressive, songs that trade between the melodic swagger of latter-day Carcass and the churning groove of Covenant/Domination-era Morbid Angel. Mid-paced DM is normally my kryptonite, but the songwriting here is a definite cut-above.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Man, didn't even realize Vulture had a new album out.

Anyone check it out yet? Gonna listen to it on my commute later.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I'm booking a show for an international band next month and the amount of money they've spent on visas (including paying for an expedited decision because of how long it was taking) on top of travel expenses vs. how much they're going to make playing a handful of small bars is absurd. I can't imagine they'll bother touring here again. It's such a dumb system.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
dceb95_8ae2f4bc6e6d450c8f601ed5a142ab4b~mv2.png

went to this USBM show last night in Oakland. Carrion Bloom were new to me. Local guys with a solid showing. Lamp of Murmuur I had "seen" already but this time I could actually see them. Amazing as expected. Gudsforladt put on an extremely tight show. I already vouch for their LP but their live performance was really something else. Catch them if they come through your town. I just wish I caught them in LA with Ebony Pendant.

View: https://youtu.be/bcvswcxpiBs

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
dceb95_8ae2f4bc6e6d450c8f601ed5a142ab4b~mv2.png

went to this USBM show last night in Oakland. Carrion Bloom were new to me. Local guys with a solid showing. Lamp of Murmuur I had "seen" already but this time I could actually see them. Amazing as expected. Gudsforladt put on an extremely tight show. I already vouch for their LP but their live performance was really something else. Catch them if they come through your town. I just wish I caught them in LA with Ebony Pendant.

View: https://youtu.be/bcvswcxpiBs

good stuff. Ill try to keep an eye out for gudsforladt shows in LA but boy do I hate using IG to find shows.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

View: https://www.facebook.com/MyDyingBrideOfficial/posts/pfbid02w2ugAQEHjsheQhgYjtarABEJVtNx64s7TYgbMmTVHp9iQn2eEfamGFqbq5EXeRDul?ref=embed_post

Announcement:
The production of this latest album was arduous and challenging to such an extent that it has revealed fractures within the band. These tensions had already been observed during the creation of the previous 2 albums and were only exacerbated during the Covid period. Over the past few months, they have intensified, causing a profound sense of discontent among the band members. The resulting stress and the pervasive feeling of burnout, along with the physical and mental malaise it creates, necessitated a period of time off which unfortunately impacts on live shows.
The reason for the lack of an official statement until now is because the band has truly hoped to resolve these internal issues and perform some shows this year while trying find a resolution in time to satisfy all parties involved. Sadly, this resolution is yet to be found.
Regrettably, a lack of understanding and poor communication from our professional partners has resulted in an untimely and chaotic mess from which a recovery is challenging. However, the promoters have now been officially contacted and it is hoped that steps can be taken to minimise the impact on you all.
We apologise for keeping you in the dark, but these are indeed challenging times.

Welp, It looks like it's end of MDB for now.
Shame, it was always big part of my metal journey, even 34.788%...Complete.