weemadarthur - #135 #304

saenima (0 votes)
Fireblend - #68 #490

weemadarthur (0 votes)
saenima - #301 #708

Kopite (0 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #265 #681

Post Counts:
EzekelRAGE: 128 flatearthpandas: 102 Fantomas: 72 weemadarthur: 71 saenima: 68 Fireblend: 62 WhySoDevious: 51 Aeleus: 35 Kopite: 29 Vincent Alexander: 28 Ynnek7: 27 CaptainNuevo: 26 Z-Beat: 26 Lone_Prodigy: 20 Zippedpinhead: 19 Stuart444: 16

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The power is off. Phones are down. Nothing works, not the cars, the mowers, the radios. The street is abuzz with questions, but underneath an eerie silence reigns. One man splits off from the group; he'll go to the next street, to see if the crisis has spread, but here on Maple Street, the crisis has already become something else. Something worse. The monsters have come more quickly than ever before, and within moments, a body lies stretched out in the street.

Zippedpinhead has died!
Welcome to a neighborhood in a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind - an area we call The Twilight Zone. This episode is titled is The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street (Mafia) and you have been cast as part of the town.

You are Nelly, and you are nosy (a voyeur). Each night you may target another player by PMing me WATCH: <Player>, and you'll find out what was done to them - though not by whom.

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated. Good luck!

NIGHT 1 BEGINS

Night 1 ends in:
chlufwvw27

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

D2 Begins
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The sight of Nelly (aka Zippedpinhead) stretched on the ground seems to have brought everyone momentarily to their senses. The angry shouts subside. For a moment, it almost seems as though peace could return to Maple Street. For a moment, at least, and then power flickers on in one house, just one. "Hey!" Martin yells. "The power's on in Sarah's house!" Heads turn as everyone stares. "Why Sarah's house?

No one has died!

DAY 2 BEGINS

Keep up with votes:

https://vote.fireblend.com/106979/

3tjps025im

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I think FEP is still scum. Don't let him not moving to Zipped or Ynn eod fool you. As scum you can play those games of "These are horrible mislynches", because they know they are mislynches. Especially him not moving to Ynn. The reasons for voting Ynn were decent for D1 imo. FEP admitting that all he did yesterday is question me doesn't look good to me either. Especially since all he did was go around in circles gaining nothing.

My guess is, he is scum and thinks my chat claim is fake to cover a more powerful role. Rather than waste a NK on me, he pushes for a mislynch.

=====
Looking more at VA -
I'm a fan of the discussion. In my opinion, if Zeke isn't scum, he is at least slathering himself in honey. It makes him an easy target, but if the town doesn't pressure and turn on him, scum will have to dial up the heat themselves to turn the town. Who else are they going to have as easy of a time pushing on folks? He's made himself an easy scapegoat for scum. Can work two ways though as we get further in the game, depending on if/when Zeke dies, and if he really does turn up innocent. If so, we have pages of folks going in on him. Nothing in the last few pages will give us a straight up answer, but....it's all useful in the puzzle.
While I don't see Zeke as scum...maybe...he is absolutely on my Investigate list. After all of this, what kind of person could resist taking a peak to find out what the hell he is up to?
……. So while I read Zeke as town, it bothers me the other hasn't come out to defend him.
So basically he townreads me, him wanting to see me investigated makes sense.
For what it is worth, I don't think you're scum and protecting your neighbor who is scum. However, I do think it is a scum move of your neighbor to not come out and claim, and specifically because you have no clue if they are scum or not, you have reason to be against or for them doing such a thing.
Is certain I am not scum, but may be protecting a scum neighbor. Added this to show he still town reads me.

To the veterans...is curiosity EVER a good reason to take someone out? Because my gut has been telling me Panda was on the menu today, but my curiosity really wants to know about Zeke....I'm pretty deadset on one or the other at this point.
First time he has ever said he wanted to lynch me.
Gut says panda, but "curiousity" has him wanting to lynch me.

I did a quick search and he rarely ever mentions FEP btw. (from me searching FEP and panda)

Vote wagons are FEP-3/Ynn-2/CN-2
Not a bad take. They are both so heated at one another that it really is making me question whether they are both townies, and we have some scum letting the fireworks happen while they sit back.
He was already townreading me, so I guess this is him MAYBE townreading FEP?
About to head out for an hour. I'll be back in time for there to be a good 40 minutes left and figure out where the hell to drop my vote. I refuse to let a day go by with no lynching, so if need be, I'll vote on Panda. But...I'm not sure I feel good about it.
Says he will vote Panda, hesitantly.

Votes are FEP-5/Ynn-3
I'm flip-flopping too much in my head. Re-reading thread and my gut wants to vote EzekelRage, but that might as well be a wasted vote at this point. My curiosity combined with his vague fluidity in some answers, "I could have..." "Perhaps" etc.

VOTE: EzekelRage
Now his "gut" is telling him to vote me? His reasoning for voting for me is fluidity in answers? I've been pretty firm in my answers imo.
For fun I searched myself for using "perhaps", I never used it.
I searched for "could". I used it a few times but not in response to a question regarding my claim.
With the biggest "could" is me saying my partner could be a she.
That's very weak reasoning. Especially with FEP being the only vote on me.
Basically parking your vote.

20 minutes b4 eod
Votes at this time is technically Zipp-5/Ynn-4/FEP-4
But to VA it may have been a 3 way tie since Saen voted zip around a minute b4 the above post.
Yeeeeep. That is why I'm avoiding Zipped. Just went through this exact thing Day 1 in our last mafia game, and we killed an innocent while letting scum go by that we pegged early on.
Doesn't want to vote Zipp due to feeling the zipped train is odd. Understandable.
I'm hoping people will sway, because Zipped isn't in my lineup of scum. That leaves FEP and Zeke.
Again he doesn't want vote Zipped, since he isn't in his scum lineup.
Votes me even though he outright townreads me, so I'm not in his scum lineup.
Still hasn't said a concrete thing about FEP.
5 minutes before EOD.

Votes Zipp. Which contradicts what he said earlier.
2 minutes before eod
We aren't NOT lynching someone today. I made the point earlier, and others have as well, that if Zip is town, it won't hurt us much because of tiny post count. Let's do it people.
This seems like him trying to excuse his vote for Zipped. Hiding behind not wanting to cause a tie. Also basically says that Zipp was low activity anyway so no real loss.That is very weak reasoning, especially in a role madeness game. Also if he didn't want to cause a tie, why wait til the last minute to move your vote to a wagon?

He also said earlier he would vote FEP to break a tie.

Vote: Vincent Alexander

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yay no deaths!

I swear I thought the day was ending one hour later than it did, btw >_> not that I could've done anything anyway since I was in a meeting, but that end did take me by surprise lol.

That was a weird EoD btw. What was that last minute swerve?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
No one has died and no more shall be said on that topic.

Anyone had any nice thoughts during the night (to be honest I just took a break and played some kingdom hearts)

I don't regret the train on Zipped

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
VOTE: weemadarthur

Lets get the conversation started.

Who were scum protecting? FEP or Ynnek?
Unless both are scum what does a scum weemad gain from this? She's just throwing her vote away no way she'd have known that it would lead to throwing Zipped out of a window, surely her's is the least suspect.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Anyone had any nice thoughts during the night (to be honest I just took a break and played some kingdom hearts)

You don't regret it because we now have more info, or don't regret it because you're fully convinced the other 2 alternatives were town and think Zipped was the better townie to lynch? Generally I wouldn't expect town to not be regretful about a mislynch :P

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Unless both are scum what does a scum weemad gain from this? She's just throwing her vote away no way she'd have known that it would lead to throwing Zipped out of a window, surely her's is the least suspect.
I was in Wee's position in the previous game.

I can see her not being responsible for the train that formed, just as I wasn't in that game.

You, though... parked a vote on Capt for most of the day... then gave steam to the Zipped train.

Ynnek's vote is also worth a look.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hello!

So, I mulled over whether or not to do this, but fuck it, it will help you all to see where I am coming from here.

I am Zeke's Neighbor, yeah.

This is why I was suspicious of people trying to get info from Zeke, especially regarding who his partner was, or trying to throw shade at them for not claiming.

If Zeke was Scum, then they already know I'm his partner, so what's with all this fishing? It looked highly suspect to me.

He said that if he were in my spot, he would not claim here, but I'm doing at anyways, so this is not a Zeke approved move from me.

I'll get my reads out here next.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

You are discouraging night discussion, and then encouraging it in the next line?

Statistically yeah we were probably hitting town, and Zipped had the lowest post count, but dying on D1 without an opportunity to defend yourself sucks to the nth degree. At least have some empathy for the dead.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect all trains may have been town, and scum was not moving. Therefore my main suspects at this precise time are capitan todd and febe my bae.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hello!

So, I mulled over whether or not to do this, but fuck it, it will help you all to see where I am coming from here.

This is why I was suspicious of people trying to get info from Zeke, especially regarding who his partner was, or trying to throw shade at them for not claiming.

If Zeke was Scum, then they already know I'm his partner, so what's with all this fishing? It looked highly suspect to me.

He said that if he were in my spot, he would not claim here, but I'm doing at anyways, so this is not a Zeke approved move from me.

I'll get my reads out here next.
And your crumb was when you used the precise mafia term in a really weird way?
You were my second choice for his partner, but you WERE second.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Reading my role and zipped's role makes me believe this is themed around cooperation and that all action-results will be needed to piece together the stuff, rather than there being any particular single item that will be unequivocally helpful.

So please crumb those results, townfolk, while I'm saying we should mass claim, we'll need to look over your posts posthumously to see what you got when you were quick.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Boy if ever there was a time for a ninja edit that woulda been it.
If only the game runners weren't mods.

Lol.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

So the fishing is coming from scum, yeah? Where does Zeke fall into this? Is he also scum and told his scum buddies to do some noisy fishing for easy participation points? Or are you the scum, defending Zeke for town cred?

Ok, fuck this shit.

You're all very perceptive.

If FEPs is Town here, then all he has done is argue with fucking Zeke about his role claim and get pissed at people. It's a big fucking mess.

Ynnek is not the worst vote here, I've already said I could see myself voting there and nothing has changed that thought.

So let's do this.

Vote: Ynnek7

We should be tied 4-4 now. Let's make a decision.

Yet your vote yesterday did not mirror that perspective, as you switched off FEP onto Ynnek.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Town Leans:
Zeke
Weemadarthur

Nullish Thoughts:
Fireblend
Kopite
Z-Beat
WSD
Aeleus
CaptainNuevo
LP

Scummy Thoughts:
Flatearthpandas
Ynnek7
Vincent Alexander
Saenima

The Null Zone is large, I realize this, but I've had some back and forth thoughts about a lot of people.

Scummy section is definitely people who were asking questions of Zeke that I felt were not very good to be asking. Just felt like wanting as much info about his role and/or his partner as possible, and since I knew he was not lying about his role, they all seem pretty suspect to me.

I'll put a vote on FEPs to start things here.

Vote: flatearthpandas

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Unless anyone comes out and counterclaims being the other neighbor, I trust Fantomas and EzekelRAGE a lot more today.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I was in Wee's position in the previous game.

I can see her not being responsible for the train that formed, just as I wasn't in that game.

You, though... parked a vote on Capt for most of the day... then gave steam to the Zipped train.

Ynnek's vote is also worth a look.
Not only that but through my previous conversations with L_P I knew he'd switch back to Zipped if it picked up steam, so I knew it would become a valid train, you should definitely note that down.
------------------------

You don't regret it because we now have more info, or don't regret it because you're fully convinced the other 2 alternatives were town and think Zipped was the better townie to lynch? Generally I wouldn't expect town to not be regretful about a mislynch :P

You are discouraging night discussion, and then encouraging it in the next line?

Statistically yeah we were probably hitting town, and Zipped had the lowest post count, but dying on D1 without an opportunity to defend yourself sucks to the nth degree. At least have some empathy for the dead.
Yeah regret is probably the wrong word to use, I think my vote on Zipped was the best play I could have made at that point (I found the Ynnek vote incredibly lazy and didn't like the voters on FEP) but I admit it gave us less info than throwing out FEP and it's a shitty move to target someone who wasn't present (though I don't think Zipped had let us known he wouldn't be around), sorry about that Zipped, didn't mean to be an arse, I really like muppets: most wanted.

Also to adress the point about night discussion, town gains nothing from theory crafting reasons for no kill right now, but thoughts relating to whose scum (such as Zeke's read on Vincent) is completely different.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So the fishing is coming from scum, yeah? Where does Zeke fall into this? Is he also scum and told his scum buddies to do some noisy fishing for easy participation points? Or are you the scum, defending Zeke for town cred?

Yet your vote yesterday did not mirror that perspective, as you switched off FEP onto Ynnek.
I'm Town reading Zeke, and I know I'm Town.

I switched off FEP onto Ynnek because I did think there was a chance he was Town there still, discussions Zeke and I were having in our chat being part of that.

I still think both Ynnek and FEP could be Scum.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with weemad that the other wagons could be town and scum just chilled while one or two of them gleefully jumped between wagons (I mean, the whole Zipped wagon started from scratch).

Aeleus, Ynnek, saenima, and Vincent? Yeah I can see it.

Oct 26, 2017
If VA is scum, it also reflects on FEP. Since VA didnt want to vote FEP, when he had the opportunity to do so.

VA came out looking scummy eod as well with contradictions on voting zip.
Yep. Not happy with the Zipped vote. If you're scum, it's wise to come after me because you and Panda still have my attention:

Here is the language you use that gave me pause.

All the indifferent shrugging:
Discussion
Paranoia
*shrug*
Lp your "questions"
*shrug*
Obviously I still feel some type of way about fire since my vote is still on him.
*shrug*
^again meaning playful Kanye shrug.not dismissive or anything.
Also chat partner could be a she.

Or in response to a line of reasoning why your Neighbor might or might not come out, you state the below, which isn't a strong stance at all:

And if you are town, posts like the below don't help the town at all:
I didn't answer because it was a dumb question to begin with in a role madness game when I have a partner.

It was obvious what answer you were looking for and you you try and twist it to fit me.

And finally, when stating that you and Panda could be townies just going at it while scum sit back and watch:

With 3-4 scum one of us could be scum while the others sit back.

It's the language you're using. The word choices. The early shrugs. "...could be scum..." with no concrete, "by the by, I'm not scum." It makes me go hrmm.

Oct 26, 2017
Scummy section is definitely people who were asking questions of Zeke that I felt were not very good to be asking. Just felt like wanting as much info about his role and/or his partner as possible, and since I knew he was not lying about his role, they all seem pretty suspect to me.]
I still think it was a good move for town to ask Zeke those questions. I absolutely wanted to know who his neighbor is because if one of you die, and your role isn't neighbor, that makes the other look purty darn suspicious.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No one dying is kinda fitting considering the theme.

So you're saying we should mass claim?
Lol

But every time I questioned WSD, he gave off "i know nothing about chats especially zeke's" vibes, which left me wondering if he was being disingenuous. So I got closer and closer to opening linking them in my posts, only that didn't irritate zeke at all, so I thought, hey maybe I got the wrong end of that stick.

Basically it left me NOT voting in the realm of zeke, fanto [my 2nd pick of neighborino] and wsd because I seemed off base and wasn't reasoning properly.

Ima have to reread wsd but i'm not really going for "ignorance means not scum", because the wiki exists, and other people have gone and researched things. But without thinking i have a clue where his puzzle piece fits in the jigsaw, i'll try to get a better handle on him.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Fanto thinks anyone fishing for Zeke's partner is scum.

If Zeke is scum, Fanto thinks his scum buddies wouldn't fish because they already know Fanto is the neighbour.

But Fanto thinks Zeke is town.

So he finds the fishing highly suspect.

Despite that, I think that scum Zeke could just tell his scum buddies to fish for participation points. Or, Fanto is the scum (since he suspected the fishing and then switched off FEP). He then claims and comes to the aid of town Zeke, because double neighbour town is a thing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some of your points seem to rely on Zeke being elusive with his claim but fant already confirmed that role so unless you think they're a scum team I don't really get your reasoning

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Yep. Not happy with the Zipped vote. If you're scum, it's wise to come after me because you and Panda still have my attention:

Here is the language you use that gave me pause.

All the indifferent shrugging:
you are reading the shrugging wrong. Even in one of the posts you quoted I stated its a playful shrug.

Y

Or in response to a line of reasoning why your Neighbor might or might not come out, you state the below, which isn't a strong stance at all:
I don't know my neighbor's alignment. So yes it's possible they could be scum. I can't definitively say whether or not they are town.

And finally, when stating that you and Panda could be townies just going at it while scum sit back and watch:
Uh, yea it is possible. As I had my vote on FEP, obviously I didnt think so.

And if you are town, posts like the below don't help the town at all:
If we are talking about aggressive posts, FEP wins that hands down. And as I stated, I knew what path he was going down and knew it made no sense in my situation.

So your like 0/4 currently on your rebuttal.

What? When did Panda have your attention AT ALL.
And you townread me ALOT.
And if FEP was on your radar, why didn tyou vote him earlier?