OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone recommend a carry case/sleeve for the NGPC? The Gameboy Color case I've been using for decades rubber has perished so I've had to throw it. The GBC is very close in terms of dimensions so a case for that would probably do.
For my first and probably only playthrough for CFV,should I go SNK or capcom ? I like both sets of characters equally
There's honestly not much difference. They both have different starting decks, and about 5 unique cards. Otherwise identical.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend a carry case/sleeve for the NGPC? The Gameboy Color case I've been using for decades rubber has perished so I've had to throw it. The GBC is very close in terms of dimensions so a case for that would probably do.

There's honestly not much difference. They both have different starting decks, and about 5 unique cards. Otherwise identical.
How timely! I was going to ask about a case. I'll have a look on eBay for GBC cases over the weekend.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hello. My NGPC came back in the post today, with the backlight installed!

My system also had the sensors installed on the top, so I have a sensor on left and right above the screen to adjust the brightness and the colour pallette. There's also an on-screen menu I can activate by pressing option + A and B.

It looks great! Played a bit of MOTM. When I first played it for a few mins, it switched off completely for some reason, and I switched out the AA batteries with some new ones. But turning it on after that asked me to set up the system again (language, date etc.). This shouldn't have happened if the AA batteries died, right, since I'm assuming the watch battery would keep the settings saved on the system?

After choosing the settings, instead of the game booting up, the system would switch off. I switched it on again, and again it asked me to choose system settings. I had to go through this cycle about 5 times before I took the cart out and blew it like we did for old cart consoles back in the day. It worked after that and didn't switch off. Gonna have to keep an eye on this.

I'm playing on the lowest brightness setting but I have a feeling this thing is gonna eat through batteries like there's no tomorrow. I've got some Eneloops already and have a battery charger coming in the post!

OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Hello. My NGPC came back in the post today, with the backlight installed!

My system also had the sensors installed on the top, so I have a sensor on left and right above the screen to adjust the brightness and the colour pallette. There's also an on-screen menu I can activate by pressing option + A and B.

It looks great! Played a bit of MOTM. When I first played it for a few mins, it switched off completely for some reason, and I switched out the AA batteries with some new ones. But turning it on after that asked me to set up the system again (language, date etc.). This shouldn't have happened if the AA batteries died, right, since I'm assuming the watch battery would keep the settings saved on the system?

After choosing the settings, instead of the game booting up, the system would switch off. I switched it on again, and again it asked me to choose system settings. I had to go through this cycle about 5 times before I took the cart out and blew it like we did for old cart consoles back in the day. It worked after that and didn't switch off. Gonna have to keep an eye on this.

I'm playing on the lowest brightness setting but I have a feeling this thing is gonna eat through batteries like there's no tomorrow. I've got some Eneloops already and have a battery charger coming in the post!

That looks great! Seems like they did a good job installing it; almost certainly better than mine! MOTM is a fantastic game, and once you get used to the stick it really plays so well. I'm probably better with that stick than I am my Sanwa arcade sticks!

Yeah the battery situation is really starting to worry me. So we know that it won't power the screen if there's not enough juice in the batteries. Bit disconcerting, but OK. However I had exactly the same thing happen to me last night, twice: the console just switched itself off without warning.

Both times it lost my system settings so I had to configure the clock etc again. Eventually I got back on and working with new batteries and everything seems fine, but it was a little scary.

I'd like to get other people's experiences with these screens and battery power/life. I must have been playing CFC2 for a fair few hours (easy to lose track of time) so it was probably low on battery, but the sudden loss of power without warning is something to watch out for I guess?

Maybe if you have the battery sensor soldered in it gives you some find of on-screen visual warning?

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
That looks great Pancakes R Us! I

NGPC errors are weird, like, my unit before the mod had this issue where if a cart is dirty, the screen won't turn on, but audio would play. And after the mod, it still has that haha, but I'm hoping tomorrow to clean both the cart and the unit to see if it goes away completly.

Also, noticed with the mod that sometimes it may take a few seconds for the screen to actually turn on. Like, it may take the whole start up song before displaying anything. All my batteries are old rechargables, but I may get new rechargables soon to see if this has any effect.

Edit: The original NGP titles look so good on the screen:

Last edited:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
That looks great! Seems like they did a good job installing it; almost certainly better than mine! MOTM is a fantastic game, and once you get used to the stick it really plays so well. I'm probably better with that stick than I am my Sanwa arcade sticks!

Yeah the battery situation is really starting to worry me. So we know that it won't power the screen if there's not enough juice in the batteries. Bit disconcerting, but OK. However I had exactly the same thing happen to me last night, twice: the console just switched itself off without warning.

Both times it lost my system settings so I had to configure the clock etc again. Eventually I got back on and working with new batteries and everything seems fine, but it was a little scary.

I'd like to get other people's experiences with these screens and battery power/life. I must have been playing CFC2 for a fair few hours (easy to lose track of time) so it was probably low on battery, but the sudden loss of power without warning is something to watch out for I guess?

Maybe if you have the battery sensor soldered in it gives you some find of on-screen visual warning?
Good to know I'm not the only one that has had issues. How many times did you have to reset the clock, was it just the once? I kept having to go through this loop about 5 times before blowing the cartridge helped sort it - I don't know if this was completely unrelated though.

I do have an option to have the battery indicator show up on the top right side of the screen, so I'll let you know if I get a low battery warning when I'm playing.

Did you find a case for it? I tried my GBC case which has a Velcro strap and whist it fit, the Velcro patch/lid didn't completely attach (it was half attached). I then tried a case I have for the regular sized n3DS and it fit in there. It's a little shorter in length, so there's a very small space for it to slide in the case, but the case is well-cushioned anyway and it hasn't got much space to move.

That looks great Pancakes R Us! I

NGPC errors are weird, like, my unit before the mod had this issue where if a cart is dirty, the screen won't turn on, but audio would play. And after the mod, it still has that haha, but I'm hoping tomorrow to clean both the cart and the unit to see if it goes away completly.

Also, noticed with the mod that sometimes it may take a few seconds for the screen to actually turn on. Like, it may take the whole start up song before displaying anything. All my batteries are old rechargables, but I may get new rechargables soon to see if this has any effect.

Edit: The original NGP titles look so good on the screen:

Thanks for the info. I've got some Eneloops and a charger coming in the post so I'll see I get on with those.

That image with the original game looks awesome!

Do you guys play with pixel mode on/off?

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I love my clear NGPC. I regret selling my UK collection of games (including Faselei) in the mid 2000s when the prices went through the roof. I still have the console but I need to rebuild my collection. I miss Card Fighters the most, I always thought they'd port it somewhere else properly at some point by they never did.I'm bummed out they didn't add it to the switch collection.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I love my clear NGPC. I regret selling my UK collection of games (including Faselei) in the mid 2000s when the prices went through the roof. I still have the console but I need to rebuild my collection. I miss Card Fighters the most, I always thought they'd port it somewhere else properly at some point by they never did.I'm bummed out they didn't add it to the switch collection.
At least you still have the system. Hopefully the Switch collection drives down cart prices.

Also,who knows -Card Fighters may be included in Volume 2!

OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Good to know I'm not the only one that has had issues. How many times did you have to reset the clock, was it just the once?

Did you find a case for it?
I can't recall, but it has happened before even when the secondary battery is fine. Not sure what causes it. Played for an hour or two last night with no problems.

I did find this, but a little concerned it might not fit: https://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/game-boy-color-carry-case-cgb-carry-white

My old one was a GBC case from Electronics Boutiques which I'd stuck a glow in the dark Ultraman sticker over the ugly EB logo. It was a sad day to see it go in the bin! It fit perfectly too :(

EDIT: retro pixels on! I don't nornally like fake scan lines on an LCD screen, but I think they look fantastic here. They mimic the look of the original screen really well IMO. Also I use the lowest or second lowest brightness setting, which is plenty bright for me.

Last edited:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I can't recall, but it has happened before even when the secondary battery is fine. Not sure what causes it. Played for an hour or two last night with no problems.

I did find this, but a little concerned it might not fit: https://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/game-boy-color-carry-case-cgb-carry-white

My old one was a GBC case from Electronics Boutiques which I'd stuck a glow in the dark Ultraman sticker over the ugly EB logo. It was a sad day to see it go in the bin! It fit perfectly too :(

EDIT: retro pixels on! I don't nornally like fake scan lines on an LCD screen, but I think they look fantastic here. They mimic the look of the original screen really well IMO. Also I use the lowest or second lowest brightness setting, which is plenty bright for me.
I reckon there's a chance that neoprene case will fit. It may just be that the top part doesn't come down as much as it's expected to when you put the system inside. Let us know how you get on if you buy it.

Here's the n3DS case I mentioned:

www.ebay.co.uk

Nintendo Switch + Lite OLED Case Hard Cover Protective Carry Console Bag EVA | eBay

Nintendo Switch + Lite OLED Case Hard Cover Protective Console Carry Bag. Our TGC Case Armour Carry Case For the Nintendo Switch. With its durable and rugged exterior, this case is designed to keep your console safe and secure during transport or storage.

Only a fiver.

I think I'll play with pixel mode switched on.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Yeah, pixel mode on, too. It looks fine in both modes, but I just like it better that way.

Hopefuly this year I also mod my Atari Lynx systems with screens that have scanline emulation.

Nov 28, 2020
For card fighters clash, do you just go to the different centers and keep battling the same people? Not really sure what to do in the gamd

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited to get the new ips screen; it's going to be a few more days before it gets here.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Can I fellate MOTM for a bit in here?

My biggest regret of the SNK bankruptcy is that we never got an arcade version of Match of the Millennium or a similar late era OG SNK SvC game. SvC Chaos eventually came out and was playable, but it in no way captured the "feel" of SvC in the way that MOTM did. And that's kind of the entire arc of the story of SNK's final years vs SNK Playmore's beginning years, those last SNK games like Garou, KOF98-2000, Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 2/X, Sam Sho 4 have a mechanical brilliance and polish that wasn't really recaptured for a long time after the fact (with the possible exception of KOF2002). While a handheld game, mechanically MOTM felt very much like a late 90's SNK versus late 90's Capcom dream match, KOF98 vs SFA2/3 if you will. With dashes of seasoning from other games like Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, or the X-Men/Marvel VS games. Similar mechanics, similar game speed, similar UI to A3, similar hitstun, etc. Old SNK also did a better job of making Capcom characters feel like Capcom characters while adapting them, which is a critical failure of Capcom's CvS games as SNK characters often played drastically different or weird in CvS1/2, and SvC Chaos as the Capcom characters there probably most resembled ST versions if anything at all. The CvS games and SvC Chaos also had shorter hitstun than was typical in the 90s, which changes the feel of the games. MOTM also had excellent hit priority, which again is a major issue in all of the other SNK/Capcom games (particularly CvS). You also had a pretty well executed ISM/Groove style system as well as the choice of 1v1, KOF style 3v3, or tag and a solid roster (which is also sizeable in comparison to other NGPC games). All of that combines to make a great package and results in my perhaps unpopular opinion that MOTM was lowkey the best overall fighting game to come out of the SNK/Capcom partnership.

But of course, there's more. In addition to all of that, you also had a substantial amount of secret characters, minigames (and an almost dating simulator like mode to access them), and unlockable supers that combined to give you the kind of replay value you would expect of a high-quality contemporary console game. It's an insanely good package, and the tragedy of it is exactly how few people (even amongst the hardcore fighting game community, although it wouldn't be considered a greatly balanced tournament game) have actually given it the time of day. One can only imagine what an MVS/AES version made in that timeframe would have been like, let alone enhanced home/CD ports of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Can I fellate MOTM for a bit in here?

My biggest regret of the SNK bankruptcy is that we never got an arcade version of Match of the Millennium or a similar late era OG SNK SvC game. SvC Chaos eventually came out and was playable, but it in no way captured the "feel" of SvC in the way that MOTM did. And that's kind of the entire arc of the story of SNK's final years vs SNK Playmore's beginning years, those last SNK games like Garou, KOF98-2000, Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 2/X, Sam Sho 4 have a mechanical brilliance and polish that wasn't really recaptured for a long time after the fact (with the possible exception of KOF2002). While a handheld game, mechanically MOTM felt very much like a late 90's SNK versus late 90's Capcom dream match, KOF98 vs SFA2/3 if you will. With dashes of seasoning from other games like Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, or the X-Men/Marvel VS games. Similar mechanics, similar game speed, similar UI to A3, similar hitstun, etc. Old SNK also did a better job of making Capcom characters feel like Capcom characters while adapting them, which is a critical failure of Capcom's CvS games as SNK characters often played drastically different or weird in CvS1/2, and SvC Chaos as the Capcom characters there probably most resembled ST versions if anything at all. The CvS games and SvC Chaos also had shorter hitstun than was typical in the 90s, which changes the feel of the games. MOTM also had excellent hit priority, which again is a major issue in all of the other SNK/Capcom games (particularly CvS). You also had a pretty well executed ISM/Groove style system as well as the choice of 1v1, KOF style 3v3, or tag and a solid roster (which is also sizeable in comparison to other NGPC games). All of that combines to make a great package and results in my perhaps unpopular opinion that MOTM was lowkey the best overall fighting game to come out of the SNK/Capcom partnership.

But of course, there's more. In addition to all of that, you also had a substantial amount of secret characters, minigames (and an almost dating simulator like mode to access them), and unlockable supers that combined to give you the kind of replay value you would expect of a high-quality contemporary console game. It's an insanely good package, and the tragedy of it is exactly how few people (even amongst the hardcore fighting game community, although it wouldn't be considered a greatly balanced tournament game) have actually given it the time of day. One can only imagine what an MVS/AES version made in that timeframe would have been like, let alone enhanced home/CD ports of it.
Fellate away! That was a good read. It is one of my favourite fighters on any system, but I'm not really an aficionado of the genre so can only really speak of its credentials superficially. Between MOTM and CFC, I think SNK made great use of the license but it felt like hardly anyone noticed.

I do think that it's interesting to see SNK make games like this specifically for the home market, which is something they'd not done an awful lot before the NGP. Obviously all their AES games were identical to the MVS versions with a few extra features enabled, but it never felt anything more than a nod towards the home market. Even the home ports of those games to other platforms such as Saturn rarely added anything significant. Their focus was always the arcade first, home a distant second.

With the NGP they had the unique situation (for them) of it being their own hardware, and no arcade operators' profits to consider during development. There's a noticeable progression in the NGP's fighters which culminated with MOTM, by which point we've got one of the most generous, feature rich fighters available on any platform. It is a world away from SNK's arcade roots in terms of design, yet still draws on their years of fighting game experience to deliver something that plays exceptionaly well in its own right.

It is a real shame we never got to see where SNK would have gone next with the home market.

Fab

Oct 28, 2017
I thought I'd share this here, but if you're looking for the better glass screen lens I would recommend getting something other than what's included with the IPS kit.

The size and print of the included lens just isn't all that great, and for the sake of another £5 or so, I'd defiantly recommending sourcing a second lens, at the very least just to compare.

But that said, with both options I've found the lenses to be quite dirty, requiring a good clean before even thinking about using them.

Hopefully in time we get some better options!

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I didn't say anything because the Pocket will also run NGPC games so it is relevant to this thread lol

Was going trough my games, and noticed that I had two copies of the same game.

Puzzle Bobble Mini from an American game bundle and Bust a Move Pocket (unlabeled because it was supoused to be a "surprise game" ) in a Mexican bundle with the console. The different names for the same franchise always confused me.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Got my screen kit today. Still waiting on my new shell from Retro Modding and GameDrive from Stone Age Gamer but hopefully before next week we'll be in business :D

OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I reckon there's a chance that neoprene case will fit. It may just be that the top part doesn't come down as much as it's expected to when you put the system inside. Let us know how you get on if you buy it.

Here's the n3DS case I mentioned:

www.ebay.co.uk

Nintendo Switch + Lite OLED Case Hard Cover Protective Carry Console Bag EVA | eBay

Nintendo Switch + Lite OLED Case Hard Cover Protective Console Carry Bag. Our TGC Case Armour Carry Case For the Nintendo Switch. With its durable and rugged exterior, this case is designed to keep your console safe and secure during transport or storage.

Only a fiver.

I think I'll play with pixel mode switched on.
About that Neoprene case...don't bother. It's so small I wondered if they'd sent me the wrong one. No way this fits the GBC, never mind the NGPC.

Let me know how you get on with that other case.
After I finish with missing solder with the screen mod, this is the next step:

This is well worth the investment IMO. As well as being able to play all 70-ish official games, it also allows you to run fan translations on real hardware, such as CFC2.

The only real drawback is how long it takes to copy games to the flash memory; but you can store 5-10 at a time and they load really quickly after that.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
About that Neoprene case...don't bother. It's so small I wondered if they'd sent me the wrong one. No way this fits the GBC, never mind the NGPC.

Let me know how you get on with that other case.
That's a shame. I already own the one I linked, for my n3DS. I tried it on the NGPC:

This case is slightly wider than the system, but once you zip up the case, it doesn't move around much unless you shake it with some force. I've tried to show you a picture of the gap inside if you push it to one side. It doesn't move much after zipping it closed, though, as the NGPC is quite thick.

If you want a sleeve case, I think you'll be fine if you find sleeve for n3DS/3DS/DSi.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth that's Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_phqo9n7OKs1ram05oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nagyfaSlQm1qdzoq5o1_1280.jpg
I'm a GEO POCKET COLOR!

OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
That's a shame. I already own the one I linked, for my n3DS. I tried it on the NGPC:

This case is slightly wider than the system, but once you zip up the case, it doesn't move around much unless you shake it with some force. I've tried to show you a picture of the gap inside if you push it to one side. It doesn't move much after zipping it closed, though, as the NGPC is quite thick.

If you want a sleeve case, I think you'll be fine if you find sleeve for n3DS/3DS/DSi.

Thanks a lot for the photos; I've grabbed one of those. I also have a case I was using for my GP2X so I'll use that for the time being.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish retrobit or someone would make an updated DC link cable. The OEM ones are so expensive.

OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody recommends Puzzle Link? Seems there is a cheap copy available locally and I'm curious if it's worth it.
I haven't played the original, but enjoyed the sequel quite a bit. I stumbled across this article about the sequel a while back, and how several relatively simple gameplay mechanics work together to add optional challenge and reward: https://thegemsbok.com/art-reviews-and-articles/mid-week-mission-puzzle-link-2-yumekobo/

Although it sounds like the original is a little more basic, it still shares the same core gameplay so it should be a decent puzzle game.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because of this damn thread and my weak knees to trying new gaming things and the lack of Neo Geo products in my collection, I'm buying a CAD400$ lot from someone next Monday. One NGPC in perfect condition with its box and 10 loose games, which are pretty much all relevant to my interest.

Metal Slug 1st and 2nd Mission, SNK vs Capcom, KOFR2, Fatal Fury, Puzzle Link, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Last Blade, Samurai Showdown 2 and Pac-Man.

Feels like a pretty good price for the lot after looking everything up on ebay. After the deal goes through I'm straight up ordering a Q5 IPS screen. I'm pretty excited as I never held this console and it seems to be a great little gem to have.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because of this damn thread and my weak knees to trying new gaming things and the lack of Neo Geo products in my collection, I'm buying a CAD400$ lot from someone next Monday. One NGPC in perfect condition with its box and 10 loose games, which are pretty much all relevant to my interest.

Metal Slug 1st and 2nd Mission, SNK vs Capcom, KOFR2, Fatal Fury, Puzzle Link, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Last Blade, Samurai Showdown 2 and Pac-Man.

Feels like a pretty good price for the lot after looking everything up on ebay. After the deal goes through I'm straight up ordering a Q5 IPS screen. I'm pretty excited as I never held this console and it seems to be a great little gem to have.
Not sure about pricing, but those are all amazing games. Even Pac-Man is a great version.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about pricing, but those are all amazing games. Even Pac-Man is a great version.
Lots aren't that common and the good ones are expensive. Just to give an idea, here's a listing for a loose system with 7 similar games. (CAD446$ + 36$ shipping). Listings for Last Blade are pretty high too.

SNK NEO GEO Pocket Color system with 7 games Turf Masters Metal slug 2nd more for sale | eBay

Find great deals on eBay for SNK NEO GEO Pocket Color system with 7 games Turf Masters Metal slug 2nd more. Shop with confidence.

Now that I see it...I'd love to get a copy of Neo Turf Masters at some point though.

Last edited:

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
DTmnQls.jpg

My shell finally came so I put the screen kit in today! Really happy with how my installation turned out. Can't wait to boot up some more games on this thing. Got the GameDrive now too so I look forward to playing Card Fighters 2 in English soon.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deal concluded! This thing feels absolutely great, and yeah, Pac-Man plays like a wonder with that stick.

9UBYyvM.jpg

Now I want to order a Q5 IPS kit and a glass screen from RetroGameRepairShop but apparently they don't ship to Canada...can't order on Ebay or their website either. I tried getting in touch with them trough Ebay to see if we can arrange something. While I love it, it REALLY needs a backlit screen lol!

Those cartridges art designs kinda got me upset at first, in the sense of doubting some were fakes. IDK, I think it's a bit all over the place with how the game codes are written on the top left (sometimes it's just the game name, sometimes a code, sometimes the Made In is there) and how these rainbow stripes have so many different kinds of writing in them. But after checking, apparently it's all legit and NGPC bootlegs aren't really a thing....I'll make sure to crack them all up to make sure the chipsets are legit still.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Deal concluded! This thing feels absolutely great, and yeah, Pac-Man plays like a wonder with that stick.

9UBYyvM.jpg

Now I want to order a Q5 IPS kit and a glass screen from RetroGameRepairShop but apparently they don't ship to Canada...can't order on Ebay or their website either. I tried getting in touch with them trough Ebay to see if we can arrange something. While I love it, it REALLY needs a backlit screen lol!

Those cartridges art designs kinda got me upset at first, in the sense of doubting some were fakes. IDK, I think it's a bit all over the place with how the game codes are written on the top left (sometimes it's just the game name, sometimes a code, sometimes the Made In is there) and how these rainbow stripes have so many different kinds of writing in them. But after checking, apparently it's all legit and NGPC bootlegs aren't really a thing....I'll make sure to crack them all up to make sure the chipsets are legit still.
Awesome pick ups. The only game that I would say you MUST get that you don't have here is Card Fighters Clash.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just this thread hadn't had any posts in a while...

DTmnQls.jpg

My shell finally came so I put the screen kit in today! Really happy with how my installation turned out. Can't wait to boot up some more games on this thing. Got the GameDrive now too so I look forward to playing Card Fighters 2 in English soon.
This looks awesome, great job!

9UBYyvM.jpg

My word. What a haul.

Match of the Millenium cost me an arm and a leg for a handheld game.

I had two more carts arrive in the post yesterday:

Vinegar Joe heard anything on backlights for the NGPC Slim model since last time?

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I liked Fatal Fury a lot! Have not had any luck finding the plastic ring for the joystick for Pac-Man. It would be helpful for that title and Crush Roller, which is also another fine Pac-Man clone.

OP
OP
Vinegar Joe

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Vinegar Joe heard anything on backlights for the NGPC Slim model since last time?
Yes! Hispeedido released one just the other day in fact:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002181010707.html
I liked Fatal Fury a lot! Have not had any luck finding the plastic ring for the joystick for Pac-Man. It would be helpful for that title and Crush Roller, which is also another fine Pac-Man clone.
They can be difficult to get ahold of, but almost essential for Pac-man to be honest. Might be best off getting one 3D printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2630305

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
You have a link from Joe below. If
you don't have access to a 3D printer (I don't) them I'm sure you can find someone on eBay to pay for the job. Shouldn't be too expensive.
Yes! Hispeedido released one just the other day in fact:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002181010707.html

They can be difficult to get ahold of, but almost essential for Pac-man to be honest. Might be best off getting one 3D printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2630305
That's great news about the slim backlight. Means I can get my slim modded. Gonna get in touch with the guy who did my fat model to see if he can do it.